Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Haslett drawing interest for HC openings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Haslett drawing interest for HC openings Reply with quote

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/01/01/jim-haslett-could-draw-interest-for-nfl-head-coach-opening/

I'm sure this will make some in the forum happy, but its going to be tough to replace him and tough to duplicate the magic he's done with this injury riddled defense and talent starved secondary since the bye week.

Quote:
Kyle Shanahan isn't the only Redskins coordinator who could draw interest in the coming weeks for NFL head coaching jobs. Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett also could be in the mix.

According to a person with knowledge of the league's coaching market, at least two teams with coaching vacancies have preliminary interest in Haslett. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, and did not identify the teams.

Hopefully, if Haslett does get a head coaching job somewhere we can sign Romeo Crennel who has been a great 3-4 Defensive Coordinator for a decade +. I think Romeo and Mike would work great together and I'm sure there is a lot of mutual respect amongst the two.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be up for Jim Tomsula from the 49ers.

I also like Winston Moss and Kevin Greene from the Packers. I also like Keith Butler from the Steelers. A couple of LB coaches that could very well make our LB's even better working with James Harrison and Clay Matthews.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This source is probably talking through his wazzoo. As much as I would prefer Crennel, Haslett probably stays another year. Clearly Shanahan values having a former HC on the defensive side of the ball with play-calling experience.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
I would be up for Jim Tomsula from the 49ers.

I also like Winston Moss and Kevin Greene from the Packers. I also like Keith Butler from the Steelers. A couple of LB coaches that could very well make our LB's even better working with James Harrison and Clay Matthews.
Ahh good names. I'd be down for any of those guys also or Lou Spanos to make a return to DC after leaving last year to coach UCLAs D for Jim Mora.

I'm Just thinking Shanahan and Allen might like Crennel's experience, but I'd love to see any of those younger guys get the job IF Hasslet is gone as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get outta here! This can't be serious?
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Get outta here! This can't be serious?
hes done an amazing job with our D since the bye week. I doubt he gets a head coaching job but it makes sense to me. People around the league know what a great job he's done to overcome the injuries to 3 pro bowl caliber players on our defense amongst other suspensions and injuries. He's helped this team get to the playoffs because of the miracle he's pulled off with his defense.

DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't make me happy, turtle

I wish Haslett and all our coaches could stay 5 years, to be honest. But that isn't realistic.

I REALLY hope that footy is right and DanAllen offer him the right deal to stay if he gets an offer elsewhere

but Kevin Greene is mildly intriguing iF Has got a dream HC job...
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

980 saying Bills 1 of the 2 teams interested.

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
thats funny. I was thinking bills. They always go for the older coaches and never for the young assistants who are on their way up

DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

Bills talking to Lovie Smith Pray and Cards want Reid..

I hope those two happen they seem like good fits.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Bills talking to Lovie Smith Pray and Cards want Reid..

I hope those two happen they seem like good fits.
I just heard on 980 that Andy Reid is going to Kansas City. If Reid takes the job, Scott Pioli will be fired. Andy Reid will have a Mike Shanahan type deal with GM type power and with the final say on personnel moves.

If Reid goes to KC, I'd expect them to be in the playoffs next year. Put Geno Smith with Andy Reid's offense and that defense and it would be a sick combination. The chiefs have a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball, minus a qb, they just need better coaching and an upgrade at qb.

richierich

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blessing in disguise.. please make this happen, id be happy with Raheem giving it a go for a year

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
blessing in disguise.. please make this happen, id be happy with Raheem giving it a go for a year
raheem will suck if he's ever our defensive coordinator. Remember where you heard that first, Write it down, take a picture, video tape it. You heard it here first. Raheem is one of the main reasons our secondary is bad.

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
richierich

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
richierich wrote:
raheem will suck if his ever our defensive coordinator. Remember where you heard that first, Write it down, take a picture, video tape it. You heard it here first. Raheem is one of the main reasons our secondary is bad.

haha it been a while turtle! Wink

i disagree though, our secondary sucks because of our lack of talent at the position. I think morris could be a decent play caller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
richierich wrote:
raheem will suck if he's ever our defensive coordinator. Remember where you heard that first, Write it down, take a picture, video tape it. You heard it here first. Raheem is one of the main reasons our secondary is bad.

haha its been a while turtle! Wink

i disagree though, our secondary sucks because of our lack of talent at the position. I think morris could be a decent play caller
I hope we never have to see it though. Hopefully, Haslett stays. Haslett knows how to call a
3-4 game plan much better than Raheem, which you have seen has made a huge difference in this team and especially this defenses resurgence since the bye week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: