Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will Black Monday firings affect the Vikings?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 71385
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Will Black Monday firings affect the Vikings? Reply with quote

with coaches and their staffs hitting the streets all over the NFL, will any assistant and position coaches make their way to Minny?

who could we make use of? could someone list all the Viking coaches, please, and we can then examine where we need to improve.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 22532
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he doesn't believe he will, but Mike Priefer should be getting some calls.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LostRoadStone


Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 1001
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Vikings get eliminated, I hope Frazier calls David Culley.
_________________


Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 71385
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
If the Vikings get eliminated, I hope Frazier calls David Culley.

don't know him, who we got here?
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 5654
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Will Black Monday firings affect the Vikings? Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
could someone list all the Viking coaches, please, and we can then examine where we need to improve.


Head Coach - Leslie Frazier

Offensive Coordinator - Bill Musgrave
Quarterbacks - Craig Johnson
Running Backs - James Saxon
Wide Receivers - George Stewart
Tight Ends - Jimmie Johnson
Offensive Line Coach - Jeff Davidson

Defensive Coordinator - Alan Williams
Defensive Line Coach - Brendan Daly
Linebackers - Fred Pagac
Special Assistant To Head Coach / LBs Coach - Mike Singletary
Defensive Backs - Joe Woods

Special Teams Coordinator - Mike Priefer
_________________
Klomp wrote:
Today, I will guarantee you that 3 QBs will NOT be the first 3 picks of the 2014 NFL Draft, nor will there be 3 QBs taken in the Top 10.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LostRoadStone


Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 1001
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
If the Vikings get eliminated, I hope Frazier calls David Culley.

don't know him, who we got here?

Wide Receivers Coach for the Eagles. I can't stand Stewart, and I don't think he's done a very good job. I would like to see a more accomplished coach come in and work with the young receivers we have, as well as the ones we are going to get.
_________________


Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 71385
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culley is also listed as PHI's "Senior offensive assistant," so does that mean he has to have an equally ranked position with his next team? or if he's fired from the PHI staff, does that get neutralized?
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 12935
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Will Black Monday firings affect the Vikings? Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
could someone list all the Viking coaches, please, and we can then examine where we need to improve.


Head Coach - Leslie Frazier

Offensive Coordinator - Bill Musgrave
Quarterbacks - Craig Johnson
Running Backs - James Saxon
Wide Receivers - George Stewart
Tight Ends - Jimmie Johnson
Offensive Line Coach - Jeff Davidson

Defensive Coordinator - Alan Williams
Defensive Line Coach - Brendan Daly
Linebackers - Fred Pagac
Special Assistant To Head Coach / LBs Coach - Mike Singletary
Defensive Backs - Joe Woods

Special Teams Coordinator - Mike Priefer

Bolded should be replaced IMO. Both are long overdue.
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 4615
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question should be:
Who from our current staff is getting calls right now about other promotional positions.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Badger75


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 6892
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Musgrave must be the best kept secret in the NFL.

Next season Vikings and Packers go head to head for the NFC N.
_________________
"I have to keep playing so people over 40 will have somebody to root for on Sunday afternoons." George Blanda who played until he was 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 5654
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Another question should be:
Who from our current staff is getting calls right now about other promotional positions.


Davidson and Priefer
_________________
Klomp wrote:
Today, I will guarantee you that 3 QBs will NOT be the first 3 picks of the 2014 NFL Draft, nor will there be 3 QBs taken in the Top 10.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 46085
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would look at potential WR, LB and DB coaches.

It seems these spots have been a weakness for the past few years. Though the DBs have gotten better, i would still make a switch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LostRoadStone


Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 1001
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know, is that if Jon Hoke is let go from Chicago, he should be hired immediately by Frazier.
_________________


Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 46085
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
All I know, is that if Jon Hoke is let go from Chicago, he should be hired immediately by Frazier.


Agreed. The Bears consistently get fantastic play out of there DBs. It seems to always be a strength for them. I like how the Bears DBs play, they are physical and swarm to the ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LostRoadStone


Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 1001
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
All I know, is that if Jon Hoke is let go from Chicago, he should be hired immediately by Frazier.


Agreed. The Bears consistently get fantastic play out of there DBs. It seems to always be a strength for them. I like how the Bears DBs play, they are physical and swarm to the ball.

Bob Babich also wouldn't be a bad hire, again if he gets relieved of his duties in Chicago.
_________________


Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group