Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Chip Kelly/SKY IS FALLING BLARG thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ether

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
It is what it is

I never felt like Cleveland had a chance anyway.

I'll only be upset if we land a nobody or Ray Horton

okay slow down there seriously you're just clowning now
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No news until tomorrow, apparently.
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ppl saying we never had a chance and are talking negative about the situation...or just trying to talk down the whole idea of Chip Kelly so if it does happen there is no big heart break.

posters just preparing themselves for the worse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What could they possibly have talk about for 7 hours ? Seems much
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
What could they possibly have talk about for 7 hours ? Seems much

I don't even have a guess honestly. There was probably a lot BS in there with everyone trying to be buddy buddy
brownsfan1710

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boozer'd.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Wouldn't you, as a sanity check if for no other reason?

Depends on my motives

If I'm looking for money, I go to Cleveland
If I'm looking for a roster setup for what I do, I go to Eagles or Bills

Does not compute.

Eagles roster is $18M over the cap, and full of aging guys who may not be in the league before Kelly gets the team rolling. Their WRs are not blockers, their RB does not do the power running he favors, and their OL is more about size and power than mobility. Mike Vick has a $16.9M cap hit in 2013, and is signed through 2016 meaning cutting him would add a mountain of dead money to their cap.

Bills roster has one decent WR who doesn't block, a good set of RBs and an OL that is going to get worse this offseason because they blew their cap on Mario Williams. Ryan Fitzpatrick has a $10.45M cap hit in 2013, and is signed through 2018 meaning cutting him would add a mountain of dead money to their cap.

Browns roster has two excellent blocking WRs, a power rusher who ran his favorite running plays in college, and a young OL with some mobility at LT and C. Brandon Weeden has a $1.836M cap hit in 2013, and is signed through 2015 meaning cutting him would add a negligible amount of dead money to our cap.

It's easy to see why the Browns are an attractive spot for Kelly when you look at the facts. Also, he can have whatever power over the roster he desires, as no power structure actually exists yet (unlike Buffalo and Philly).

The choice is easy; even before the Brinks truck shows up.
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this is just Kelly doing his due diligence before signing with Cleveland. I've been let down too many times as a Browns fan so him going somewhere else would just be one more.

I really felt 99% sure he would sign with us after all the strong rumors today. Now I'm not so sure...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty intriguing...

Quote:
While sources say Kelly has positioned himself as the favorite to become the next Browns coach, there is no contractual agreement in place. However, the two sides see no significant obstacles that would prevent a contract being completed if they decide to move forward Saturday night, the sources added.

Kelly informed Haslam and Banner that he wanted to "go through the process" by meeting with the Bills and Eagles, something he regretted last hiring season when he only interviewed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to a source close to the Oregon coach.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Quote:
While sources say Kelly has positioned himself as the favorite to become the next Browns coach, there is no contractual agreement in place. However, the two sides see no significant obstacles that would prevent a contract being completed if they decide to move forward Saturday night, the sources added.

Kelly informed Haslam and Banner that he wanted to "go through the process" by meeting with the Bills and Eagles, something he regretted last hiring season when he only interviewed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to a source close to the Oregon coach.

This just makes me more nervous. If he goes to Philly I'm gonna take my anger out on my neighbors who insist on blasting their surround sound at midnight. I used to like Philly before being exposed to their annoying fans on this site.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
It is what it is

Don't know. You missed his blow up in the other thread. How O'Brien spit in our faces and now Kelly will and we'll end up with nobody and be terrible forever. We need to have a thread specifically to cheer him up, cause the poor guy is losing it.

Quickly! To the OT Thread!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip's been the guy that always listens to other jobs. He may not be interested but he will listen. I feel like he would be a guy that would go to the Pats once Brady/Hoodie are gone even though he's already coaching a team.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Ether wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
It is what it is

Don't know. You missed his blow up in the other thread. How O'Brien spit in our faces and now Kelly will and we'll end up with nobody and be terrible forever. We need to have a thread specifically to cheer him up, cause the poor guy is losing it.

Quickly! To the OT Thread!!!

I don't think we are going to be terrible forever and I wouldn't be bummed if we lose Chip Kelly. I don't know how many other post you have read of mine but Chip is #3 or #4 on my list.

I am okay with the high profile guys blowing us off too as a lot of low key hires have turned franchises around in the past and will do so in the future as well.

The only doom and gloom I have about our future is about what Joe Banner may do to the young core on this team. I have a bad feeling he wants the credit and will not want Heckart getting any credit so come 2016 Gordon, Winn, Sheard, Richardson, Schwartz, Little, Haden, Ward, Hughes and Taylor may be gone in trades or free agency. Some obviously before others but 2016 is the last year of any of their contracts.

Jamison on the sig
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Wouldn't you, as a sanity check if for no other reason?

Depends on my motives

If I'm looking for money, I go to Cleveland
If I'm looking for a roster setup for what I do, I go to Eagles or Bills

Does not compute.

Eagles roster is $18M over the cap, and full of aging guys who may not be in the league before Kelly gets the team rolling. Their WRs are not blockers, their RB does not do the power running he favors, and their OL is more about size and power than mobility. Mike Vick has a $16.9M cap hit in 2013, and is signed through 2016 meaning cutting him would add a mountain of dead money to their cap.

Bills roster has one decent WR who doesn't block, a good set of RBs and an OL that is going to get worse this offseason because they blew their cap on Mario Williams. Ryan Fitzpatrick has a $10.45M cap hit in 2013, and is signed through 2018 meaning cutting him would add a mountain of dead money to their cap.

Browns roster has two excellent blocking WRs, a power rusher who ran his favorite running plays in college, and a young OL with some mobility at LT and C. Brandon Weeden has a $1.836M cap hit in 2013, and is signed through 2015 meaning cutting him would add a negligible amount of dead money to our cap.

It's easy to see why the Browns are an attractive spot for Kelly when you look at the facts. Also, he can have whatever power over the roster he desires, as no power structure actually exists yet (unlike Buffalo and Philly).

The choice is easy; even before the Brinks truck shows up.

The Eagles and Bills both have young explosive talent on offense is where I was headed with that

That being said, the Browns definitely offer talent and will outbid anyone trying to pull him away. I'm glad to see we have another meeting with Kelly tomorrow after he visits with the other 2 teams, very encouraging
ACDC_Rocks024

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Quote:

I find this to be very justifiable. Nick Swisher had a phenomenal offer on the table, alonfg with that astounding welcome when he arrived in CLE. Then, he left to "explore his options." I don't see why this would mean doom nd gloom in CLE. The mani simple wants to see his options. We have Joe Banner and Jimmy Haslam.

-Jimi Hendrix

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 38 of 101

Jump to: