Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Chip Kelly/SKY IS FALLING BLARG thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Yet another source that says Philly and Cleveland both have Kelly as their #1 target. This is from an Oregon Ducks website.

Quote:
It is unknown at this time whether Philadelphia has or is planning to offer Kelly final say on all roster transactions, which sources indicate could be a deal-breaker in all potential contract negotiations between Kelly and prospective NFL franchises.

Additionally, an NFL source indicated Wednesday morning that Kelly "will interview" with Philadelphia and the Cleveland Browns, with the Browns expected to offer more control over personnel.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Article/Sources-confirm-Chip-Kelly-is-the-leading-candidate-in-Philly-109307
Careful with them. They are a recruiting site. I like their recruiting news but they don't have Oregon sources as Oregon can't talk about recruits. They hear stiff from recruits about where they will play and who has offered etc... My guess is if the best insiders don't know where Chip is going, he won't tell the kids he recruits.

They prolly read NFL.com and got that info.

whats your ideas on Kelly being able to taper his style to a more traditional NFL offense, I keep seeing people saying his offense wont work in the NFL. I personally think his offense is more based on his uptempo fast paced style, like a constant 2 minute drill.

Nay Sayers are always around till someone has the stones to do it, and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

I personally think the guy is an offensive genius, the wya he tinkers with his offenses and taylors it, it makes it hard for teams to plan for I tihnk

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly,

Is there anyone in here who isn't excited about the idea of Kelly as a HC?

Will this be unanimous good thing?

Will there be consensus amongst FF Brown Nation??? Shocked

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Ether

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Honestly,

I don't like the idea on paper but it's just too sexy not to get a half chub thinking about
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Honestly,

I don't like the idea on paper but it's just too sexy not to get a half chub thinking about

If it blows up and fails it doesn't put the browns any worse than they have been for the last 20 years.... Laughing Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishduck.com

Check it out. former coaches and fans will break down different plays of Oregon's offense to show what makes stuff challenging to defend.

An Example:

http://fishduck.com/2012/10/oregons-new-double-power-play-pounds-the-dawgs/

Breaks down Oregon's "Double Power".

You may have to search for stuff since it has been so long since a game.

They also said Oregon ran the outside zone like 40 times against ASU. Then never used it against Washington. Not 1 time. So UW preps for the outside zone over and over just to have Oregon run a double power readoption that hadn't been ran in a year or something.

Sig bet
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Fishduck.com

Check it out. former coaches and fans will break down different plays of Oregon's offense to show what makes stuff challenging to defend.

An Example:

http://fishduck.com/2012/10/oregons-new-double-power-play-pounds-the-dawgs/

Breaks down Oregon's "Double Power".

You may have to search for stuff since it has been so long since a game.

They also said Oregon ran the outside zone like 40 times against ASU. Then never used it against Washington. Not 1 time. So UW preps for the outside zone over and over just to have Oregon run a double power readoption that hadn't been ran in a year or something.

Been on that sight a few times. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip as our HC worries me a lot to be honest. I worry that he is going to come in here and try the spread option offense with some running QB and some quicker RB and change our whole offense. In a failing attempt to make it work in the NFL I worry that giving him complete control will mess up the roster that heckert started to build for another 5-6 years.

So do i have high hopes that he is an offensive genious and he can adjust his system to his players? ABSOLUTELY

Am i terrified that he will try to adjust his players to his sketchy NFL offense...YES!

heres to hoping...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Ether wrote:
Do you guys think Chip would want to bring in a faster back than Trent at least to spell him in his offense? Also more depth at WR for his pace? We probably are going to need a lot of defensive depth with the fast pace his offense runs they'll probably be on the field a lot too.

He did pretty well with Legarrett Blount as his RB and imo trent is more athletic than him, but I could definatly see him drafting someone like Kenjon Barner

I wonder how much WHERE and WHEN the 2nd half of schedule games are played will have an effect on Kellys offence. Seems to be a very situational practical guy.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
cortes02

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that I am not totally on board the Chip Kelly train but I am intrigued by him. I guess I'm just worried that another College coach will come to the NFL and fail. College coaches have had far too little success in the NFL but that doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't gamble from time to time to see if one works out. Hopefully, if Chip is hired, he becomes that rare college coach that wins in the NFL. I also hope that everyone doesn't put all of their so called eggs in one basket for Chip Kelly because if things fall through or he goes somewhere else, the Browns are going to need a good plan B.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:
I have to admit that I am not totally on board the Chip Kelly train but I am intrigued by him. I guess I'm just worried that another College coach will come to the NFL and fail. College coaches have had far too little success in the NFL but that doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't gamble from time to time to see if one works out. Hopefully, if Chip is hired, he becomes that rare college coach that wins in the NFL. I also hope that everyone doesn't put all of their so called eggs in one basket for Chip Kelly because if things fall through or he goes somewhere else, the Browns are going to need a good plan B.

Peace!!

The thing for me is we have had nfl guys come here and fail too, why not let a guy who brings some excitement and fine vision. I personally feel the guys will love playing for him, and I think what I like most about him is he does not over complicate or over think things

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have seen NFL coordinators come in and do nothing.

Kelly has been a HC for 5 years.

He is clearly an Offensive mastermind.

He MAKES ADJUSTMENTS - Which is one of the biggest damn things we haven't don in a while.

He doesn't just say we are doing it like this and I don't care what you say or who our players are.

He is smart

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--chip-kelly-s-frenetic-offensive-approach-never-more-appealing-for-nfl-teams-201151765.html

good read.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
wukusimw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly is a legitimate top mind in coaching football. Shurmur, Mangini, Crennel, Davis, etc. simply could not match the potential he has to be a good coach. For C-town to land such a hire would be huge and he will get as much time as he needs.

He would also make free agents feel a lot better about coming here I imagine...
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:

Cribbs's blocking ability would be attractive to Kelly.

screw Cribbs, he has worn his stay out in Cleveland. all he ever will be is a returner. I rather fill his spot with someone who has potential to make a bigger impact on the team. Ben can replace him as a return just fine

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

I think kelly could use Benjamin in the same sense that he uses DeAnthony Thomas

I didnt even think about that. Ben could fill the role pretty damn good. Just have to hope he bulks up a little bit

skatebeanz wrote:
Chip has said numerous times if a WR can't/won't block they won't get the rock.

thats one thing why I have always liked Kelly and Oregon. Ive always liked the WRs he has produced. Too bad they never done much in the NFL

CBrownsman wrote:
-Chip as our HC worries me a lot to be honest. I worry that he is going to come in here and try the spread option offense with some running QB and some quicker RB and change our whole offense. In a failing attempt to make it work in the NFL I worry that giving him complete control will mess up the roster that heckert started to build for another 5-6 years.
-So do i have high hopes that he is an offensive genious and he can adjust his system to his players? ABSOLUTELY
-Am i terrified that he will try to adjust his players to his sketchy NFL offense...YES!
heres to hoping...

Your damn right he is gonna change the entire offense...he is gonna change it from being a conservative and settle for field goals...to attack attack attack!. Kelly has run his offense with bigger backs and has looked great doing it. He might bring in a quicker RB to help compliment TRich. John Stewart and LeGarrette Blount had good running success under Kelly and they were both big backs but none of them had as much talent as TRich. Hell I dont think Kelly has ever worked with a true RB like TRich in his entire career. It could get kelly all excited and turn this into a spread single back run formation...which I would love because I think TRich is a beast as a single back.

I think the one thing Kelly has over coaches the Browns have had the past couple times is we have a coach with great experience as a head coach. RAC was never a headcoach, Shurmer was never a head coach... With Kelly he has been a HC for the past couple years at a big time program. He knows the pressure of winning games and the pressure of making the right calls. You never say Chip ever make a horrible decision if it was with time outs, challenges, and etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Honestly,

He is not my 1st or 2nd choice but I would be happy with him as our head coach. I would definitely be willing to give him more than 2 years even if he doesn't win right away.

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 3 of 101

Jump to: