Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Chip Kelly/SKY IS FALLING BLARG thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Ether wrote:
Do you guys think Chip would want to bring in a faster back than Trent at least to spell him in his offense? Also more depth at WR for his pace? We probably are going to need a lot of defensive depth with the fast pace his offense runs they'll probably be on the field a lot too.

He did pretty well with Legarrett Blount as his RB and imo trent is more athletic than him, but I could definatly see him drafting someone like Kenjon Barner

Jonathan Stewart was a beast under Chip Kelly when he was the OC for Oregon. Under Kelly Jonathan Stewart had 1800+ all purpuse yards and 13TDs. The big difference is TRich is a better back out of the backfield

good call I forgot all about J Stew cause Bellotti was still coach

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember last offseason when Chip Kelly took Tampa Bay on an emotional roller coaster before turning down their offer.

Initially, I was wary of the same thing this year, but I think the looming sanctions against Oregon will motivate him to leave.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another source that says Philly and Cleveland both have Kelly as their #1 target. This is from an Oregon Ducks website.

Quote:
It is unknown at this time whether Philadelphia has or is planning to offer Kelly final say on all roster transactions, which sources indicate could be a deal-breaker in all potential contract negotiations between Kelly and prospective NFL franchises.

Additionally, an NFL source indicated Wednesday morning that Kelly "will interview" with Philadelphia and the Cleveland Browns, with the Browns expected to offer more control over personnel.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Article/Sources-confirm-Chip-Kelly-is-the-leading-candidate-in-Philly-109307

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hardesty might be quick enough to stay as that 2nd guy.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Yet another source that says Philly and Cleveland both have Kelly as their #1 target. This is from an Oregon Ducks website.

Quote:
It is unknown at this time whether Philadelphia has or is planning to offer Kelly final say on all roster transactions, which sources indicate could be a deal-breaker in all potential contract negotiations between Kelly and prospective NFL franchises.

Additionally, an NFL source indicated Wednesday morning that Kelly "will interview" with Philadelphia and the Cleveland Browns, with the Browns expected to offer more control over personnel.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Article/Sources-confirm-Chip-Kelly-is-the-leading-candidate-in-Philly-109307

The best part of this would be....

Kelly has control over the roster

Not Lombardi/Banner/Whoever the hell

I would trust his eye much more.

buno67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Ether wrote:
Do you guys think Chip would want to bring in a faster back than Trent at least to spell him in his offense? Also more depth at WR for his pace? We probably are going to need a lot of defensive depth with the fast pace his offense runs they'll probably be on the field a lot too.

He did pretty well with Legarrett Blount as his RB and imo trent is more athletic than him, but I could definatly see him drafting someone like Kenjon Barner

Jonathan Stewart was a beast under Chip Kelly when he was the OC for Oregon. Under Kelly Jonathan Stewart had 1800+ all purpuse yards and 13TDs. The big difference is TRich is a better back out of the backfield

yep, That was Kellys first year at Oregon as the OC. So Kelly has the experience of working with bigger type backs. I think he might like workings with bigger backs but doesnt get a lot of them at Oregon because they prolly dont believe in his system.

It be great to make TRich the featured back in the offense and draft Barner to be the change of pace back for the Browns becaue I dont see any other RB on the browns really fitting in the Oregon offense. Hell I wouldnt even mind the Browns signing someone like Danny Woodhead in the off season as another RB to have. He can play in and out of the backfriend, he can be a returner, he has experience playing in the Pats Oregon package. He would make a great 2nd/3rd RB if Kelly comes to Cleveland

To me it seems like Oregon loves to have big targets at WR. So Little, Gordan, and MoMass could fit in. If we bring Kelly it could also keep Cribbs in Cleveland but I hope not but the browns would be a nice slot guy and that means Travis Ben could have a break out year next year. I could honest see the browns go after a better TE because IMO I dont like any of the TEs the Browns have.

You could see the Browns draft TE or sign someone like Dustin Keller or Delanie Walker.

I feel like our offensive line is made perferct for Kellys offense. I think Pinkston, Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, Schwartz would be perfect for his scheme but I worry about our other guard tho.

im not gonna lie I would love to draft the Center for WVU. 6'4 300lbs and make him a guard. He is one hell of an athlete for his size and he was born and raised in the Cleveland Area. Actually know the kid. Joe Madsen. He went to Chardon High School. I remember talking to him and he said he got offered a scholarship at the WVU camp a couple days in. He said what caught his eyes was him playing flag football with all the other kids at the camp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Quote:

IMO coaches should have more control over the roster than GMs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Quote:

IMO coaches should have more control over the roster than GMs

Agreed

The best part about him as that he has run different offenses at different places.

He isn't dead set on his run option spread.

He has historically tailored the offense to fit the personnel.

That is awesome.

Ether

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Ether wrote:

yep, That was Kellys first year at Oregon as the OC. So Kelly has the experience of working with bigger type backs. I think he might like workings with bigger backs but doesnt get a lot of them at Oregon because they prolly dont believe in his system.

It be great to make TRich the featured back in the offense and draft Barner to be the change of pace back for the Browns becaue I dont see any other RB on the browns really fitting in the Oregon offense. Hell I wouldnt even mind the Browns signing someone like Danny Woodhead in the off season as another RB to have. He can play in and out of the backfriend, he can be a returner, he has experience playing in the Pats Oregon package. He would make a great 2nd/3rd RB if Kelly comes to Cleveland

To me it seems like Oregon loves to have big targets at WR. So Little, Gordan, and MoMass could fit in. If we bring Kelly it could also keep Cribbs in Cleveland but I hope not but the browns would be a nice slot guy and that means Travis Ben could have a break out year next year. I could honest see the browns go after a better TE because IMO I dont like any of the TEs the Browns have.

You could see the Browns draft TE or sign someone like Dustin Keller or Delanie Walker.

I feel like our offensive line is made perferct for Kellys offense. I think Pinkston, Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, Schwartz would be perfect for his scheme but I worry about our other guard tho.

im not gonna lie I would love to draft the Center for WVU. 6'4 300lbs and make him a guard. He is one hell of an athlete for his size and he was born and raised in the Cleveland Area. Actually know the kid. Joe Madsen. He went to Chardon High School. I remember talking to him and he said he got offered a scholarship at the WVU camp a couple days in. He said what caught his eyes was him playing flag football with all the other kids at the camp

Cribbs's blocking ability would be attractive to Kelly. Little I know is a tenacious blocker, Gordon did kill that one dude on the Ravens and has the physicality to be a good blocker.

Don't know what the means for Benjamin though Confused He would have to find a way to get on the field. Also what does this mean for Watson being a FA and all, is he obsolete?
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Ether wrote:

Cribbs's blocking ability would be attractive to Kelly. Little I know is a tenacious blocker, Gordon did kill that one dude on the Ravens and has the physicality to be a good blocker.

Don't know what the means for Benjamin though Confused He would have to find a way to get on the field. Also what does this mean for Watson being a FA and all, is he obsolete?

I think kelly could use Benjamin in the same sense that he uses DeAnthony Thomas

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

Quote:

Careful with them. They are a recruiting site. I like their recruiting news but they don't have Oregon sources as Oregon can't talk about recruits. They hear stiff from recruits about where they will play and who has offered etc... My guess is if the best insiders don't know where Chip is going, he won't tell the kids he recruits.

They prolly read NFL.com and got that info.

Sig bet
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip has said numerous times if a WR can't/won't block they won't get the rock.

Sig bet
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Quote:

Careful with them. They are a recruiting site. I like their recruiting news but they don't have Oregon sources as Oregon can't talk about recruits. They hear stiff from recruits about where they will play and who has offered etc... My guess is if the best insiders don't know where Chip is going, he won't tell the kids he recruits.

whats your ideas on Kelly being able to taper his style to a more traditional NFL offense, I keep seeing people saying his offense wont work in the NFL. I personally think his offense is more based on his uptempo fast paced style, like a constant 2 minute drill.

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8803627/cleveland-browns-arizona-interview-chip-kelly-oregon-ducks

Quote:
According to several reports, Cleveland's CEO Joe Banner is in Arizona and intends to interview Kelly, who is preparing the Ducks to play in Thursday's Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.

Pretty much a lot of what has already been suspected and still nothing concrete. There's no secret though who our #1 target is.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Quote:

whats your ideas on Kelly being able to taper his style to a more traditional NFL offense, I keep seeing people saying his offense wont work in the NFL. I personally think his offense is more based on his uptempo fast paced style, like a constant 2 minute drill.

Nay Sayers are always around till someone has the stones to do it, and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 2 of 101

Jump to: