Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What should the Browns do at DE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How should the Browns decide to fix the DE position?
Free Agent
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
Draft
63%
 63%  [ 21 ]
In House
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a DE in the draft and a corner in FA
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Michael Johnson picked up in free agency. I'd do all I could to get him, then acquire the picks needed for 2014 and position myself to move up and get Clowney if needed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like our DE's. As a group, they produce. The browns don't have enough pressure inside.

Ideally, if we could add some depth at DE, we could move Rucker inside on passing downs. I don't know why we don't do this.

I wish greg hardy was a fa this year. There really isn't a FA de I think is an upgrade.
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better yet, trade down for extra ammo to be able to trade up to #1 for Clowney

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good hit by Clowney but he came free, the pulling guard looks like he was a little slow. Any 6'7 260lbs DE would have been able to make that same hit. I'm impressed by him and he exploded off the line well but, that would have been a whole lot more impressive if he would have showed some kind of pass rushing move to get in the back field instead of just running free unblocked.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:
Good hit by Clowney but he came free, the pulling guard looks like he was a little slow. Any 6'7 260lbs DE would have been able to make that same hit. I'm impressed by him and he exploded off the line well but, that would have been a whole lot more impressive if he would have showed some kind of pass rushing move to get in the back field instead of just running free unblocked.

but you can also say that he beat the blocker who came to block down on him and his first step made it so he did not need to make a move. the most impressive thing for me is that he makes the big hit, knocks the ball loose, and has the awareness to pick the ball up and try to run

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

buno67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:

you know what would be more impressive is if you knew what you were talking about lol jk bro. You just cant see enough of the play to know what really happen. watch the video you and you can see the play better...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W26Dcns1Mxg
I read an article the night of that game where they talked to the Michigan TackleTaylor Lewan . He said the way Clowney lined up to the play messed with their blocking rules. the normal assignment on that play the TE and Tackle are suppose to double the DE to the LB but the way Clowney was lined up it changed their rules up that the TE then was responsibly for the DE and the Michigan Tackle and Guard were responsible for the DT and the LB. In the article they also interview the TE and he said he knew he had to block Clowney but that he had no idea how fast or truly how quick he was that when he took his first step Clowney already had him beat. Clowney missed with Michigans zone blocking rules. The TE though the Tackle was going to take him and the Tackle though the TE was going to take him.

I believe the bases of their play they were running was to block down on the defensive linemen and have the guard pulling around to the outside to lead a way for the RB. You can kinda see when the pulling guard comes through and see Clowney blowing up the RB that you can just predict what the guard is suppsoe to be thinking "ummm...that wasnt suppose to happen" because he wasnt eyeing up Clowney up at all or they were suppose to let Clowney guy and the pulling guard is suppose to kick out the end man on the line of scrimmage which was Clowney but either or. Clowney completely blew that play up. He screwed up Michigas blocking scheme to where the blockers didnt know who to get or he is so quick and fast that the pulling guard never stood a chance but I want to saw with how long of a hand off it was suppose to me that the DE was suppose to block and down and the OG was suppose to lead up through

Clowney is a beast of a DE I know he had 13sacks on the season and if you dont properly account for him that he will make you pay for making a mistake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:

Its easy to criticize him for being free, but he finished the play. Which is huge. I see a ton of plays where Moore comes in free and completely overruns the play and whiffs the tackle. Clowney finishes the play. He was presented on opputunity, had the natural athleticism to make the play, then he finished. Can't ask for much more than that. I think jordan does this very good as well.

A lot of plays are made on oppununity in football.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:

you know what would be more impressive is if you knew what you were talking about lol jk bro. You just cant see enough of the play to know what really happen. watch the video you and you can see the play better...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W26Dcns1Mxg
I read an article the night of that game where they talked to the Michigan TackleTaylor Lewan . He said the way Clowney lined up to the play messed with their blocking rules. the normal assignment on that play the TE and Tackle are suppose to double the DE to the LB but the way Clowney was lined up it changed their rules up that the TE then was responsibly for the DE and the Michigan Tackle and Guard were responsible for the DT and the LB. In the article they also interview the TE and he said he knew he had to block Clowney but that he had no idea how fast or truly how quick he was that when he took his first step Clowney already had him beat. Clowney missed with Michigans zone blocking rules. The TE though the Tackle was going to take him and the Tackle though the TE was going to take him.

I believe the bases of their play they were running was to block down on the defensive linemen and have the guard pulling around to the outside to lead a way for the RB. You can kinda see when the pulling guard comes through and see Clowney blowing up the RB that you can just predict what the guard is suppsoe to be thinking "ummm...that wasnt suppose to happen" because he wasnt eyeing up Clowney up at all or they were suppose to let Clowney guy and the pulling guard is suppose to kick out the end man on the line of scrimmage which was Clowney but either or. Clowney completely blew that play up. He screwed up Michigas blocking scheme to where the blockers didnt know who to get or he is so quick and fast that the pulling guard never stood a chance but I want to saw with how long of a hand off it was suppose to me that the DE was suppose to block and down and the OG was suppose to lead up through

Clowney is a beast of a DE I know he had 13sacks on the season and if you dont properly account for him that he will make you pay for making a mistake

I know it was all caused by the scheme. You can see Lewan put his arm out and looks like he is looking for the backer and the guard looked like he had responsibility of Clowney but if the TE had him it was a horrible call and even worse execution. As I said I'm impressed with the kid, everyone is up in arms about the play. It was a nice hard hit that you should expect out of any DE though and good recognition to hit the ball carry and better situational awareness to grab the ball and try to take off. He is easily the best DE in the NCAA right now. Just don't think that play shows the talent he truely is.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:

Its easy to criticize him for being free, but he finished the play. Which is huge. I see a ton of plays where Moore comes in free and completely overruns the play and whiffs the tackle. Clowney finishes the play. He was presented on opputunity, had the natural athleticism to make the play, then he finished. Can't ask for much more than that. I think jordan does this very good as well.

A lot of plays are made on oppununity in football.

I understand opportunity is what leads most plays. I never said anythign critical of him. Just stated that any college DE should be able to make that hit. Great player, as I stated.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewan had clowny controlled the entire game until that play, which was horribly designed and executed.

He is good, very good, but not what some people are making him out to be...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Lewan had clowny controlled the entire game until that play, which was horribly designed and executed.

He's 19 years old. He is still playing on natural physical ability. Just wait till he figures out the small things in football.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

I agree Lewan was doing a good job, but he also had a few holding calls in the first half. He was doing what he could to keep him contained. But it was one of the best match-ups I've seen all year.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind signing osi to a 1 or 2 year deal if we can get him relatively cheap. He's not what he use to be but in rotation with other DEs he can show flashes
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I wouldn't mind signing osi to a 1 or 2 year deal if we can get him relatively cheap. He's not what he use to be but in rotation with other DEs he can show flashes

He has been a locker room destraction his entire career. Not just once or twice but his entire career. He talks when he doesn't need to be talking and he talks when he has no room to talk. The guy is the TO of defensive ends. I don't want that garbage around our locker room.

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: