Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What should the Browns do at DE?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How should the Browns decide to fix the DE position?
Free Agent
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
Draft
63%
 63%  [ 21 ]
In House
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

buno67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: What should the Browns do at DE? Reply with quote

ok Im getting a little sick of talking Browns football coaches and front office crap so I want to mix it up.

What should the browns do at DE?

I know it all depends on the defense the browns go to because their is a small chance the Browns could go back to a 3/4 but im going to approach this as the browns staying as a 4/3 defense.

With the Browns staying at the 4/3 defense we have 75% of a starting defensive line up set in stone...

DE- Sheard
DT- Rubin
DT- Taylor
DE-???

What should the Browns do for the DE spot opposite of Jabaal?

Free Agent:
Cliff Avril
Osu Umenyiora
Michael Johnson
Michael Bennett

Draft:
Damontre Moore
Bjoern Werner
Sam Montgomery
Dion Jordan
Alex Okafor
Barkevious Mingo
Ezekiel Ansah
Margus Hunt
William Gholston

In house:
Parker
Rucker
Wynn
Kendrick Adams
Ricky Elmore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see the Browns sign a free agent like Michael Johnson.

otherwise I say a mid round pass rush DE would be best. The top 43 DEs in the draft don't impress me as far as top 10 player.

And they can't stand still at DE, they must get one....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damontre Moore!

I would be cool with Johnson as well, but he scares me because his best season is a contract season. Ask Bengals fans about him.

I think Moore could be elite.

Course signing Johnson would mean drafting a Corner.... which would be nice too.

#JDI
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Damontre Moore!

I would be cool with Johnson as well, but he scares me because his best season is a contract season. Ask Bengals fans about him.

Course signing Johnson would mean drafting a Corner.... which would be nice too.

I wish I liked Moore more.... But when I watched him he did nothing....

Ad yes, Im full on board with trying to trade down in the first and take a DB (or go offense for a Kelly player)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Damontre Moore!

Ad yes, Im full on board with trying to trade down in the first and take a DB (or go offense for a Kelly player)

If we trade down and acquire a 2nd I think that's where we should grab a DE

^^^Jamison^^^
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Damontre Moore!

Yes that is a definite possibility...

There are tons of different combos possible...

All depends on who the browns are able to sign in FA. Haslam needs to write a blank check and tell banner to spend it.

Edit: I'm not talking about pulling an eagles and signing tons of big names, or pulling a skins and dropping silly amounts... But we need solid veteran players that will fill the holes, contribute to this team, and help lead all these young players

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Damontre Moore!

All depends on who the browns are able to sign in FA. Haslam needs to write a blank check and tell banner to spend it.

Edit: I'm not talking about pulling an eagles and signing tons of big names, or pulling a skins and dropping silly amounts... But we need solid veteran players that will fill the holes, contribute to this team, and help lead all these young players

My ideal offseason free agents would include Byrd, Schwartz, Jennings, Fletcher (CB For Rams)

^^^Jamison^^^
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Damontre Moore!

My ideal offseason free agents would include Byrd, Schwartz, Jennings, Fletcher (CB For Rams)

Thats a big order (we have $), but If they can bring in FS, CB, OG, and WR through FA that would be huge... Leaves DE or LB as the most likely area to address with the first pick.

Assuming Kelly si the hire I think I would focus FA on grabbing the defensive parts, and use the draft to pick up more offensive parts... Pus QB, it that's a different thread haha.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we sign Chip Kelly as HMFIC, I'll be shocked if Dion Jordan is not our pick in round 1.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frostee Rucker is more than capable of starting and will start regardless of which DE we bring in this year. What we need most is a threat on passing downs to get more consistant heat on the QB. We did get a lot of pressure this year but when it counted and against better teams the pass rush on 3rd down was non existent.

Forstee Rucker is also not the long term answer so I would still like to see a 1st round DE to play the pass rushing role while getting NFL coaching to become a better more well rounded DE.

Having said that the only 2 DEs int he draft I would give and outright 1st round grade are Dion Jordan and Damontre Moore. Guys like Montgomery, Werner, and Crichton are late 1st-early 2nd round talents. I would put Ansah and Okafor in the 2nd round range. A guy like Barkevious Mingo has obviously got athletic ability but lacks dicipline and any kind of anchor. Another guy who has 1st round talent but obviously won't go there is Tank Carradine bc of his injury.

Jamison on the sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
If we sign Chip Kelly as HMFIC, I'll be shocked if Dion Jordan is not our pick in round 1.

Good point.

Kelly's number priority will be addressing the offense, but if he is comfortable after FA, then Jordan would make a lot of sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking I would love to get Michael Johnson as a Free Agent and my dream FA signing would be Johson and Byrd.

From the early round draftees at DE I would like to get any of the following probably in this order for now, but subject to change: Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore, Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Ezekiel Ansah and Sam Montgomery.

I would prefer Johnson & Byrd signed as free agent then pick up either Dee Milliner, Jonathan Banks, Manti Te'o or Jarvis Jones as 1st round draft pick.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind Johnson but I think I like Moore the most. He plays well against the run and is a decent pass rusher. He seems to take plays off sometimes, but holds the point of attack well and can shed blocks to make a play on the ball. I think he is being asked to contain alot but still makes plays against the pass or rush.

Jordan is a viable alternate if we trade down a little. But he is still kind of a project and needs to add lower body bulk.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

The draft is deep in DEs. FA is deep in DBs and Gs. I think we know the route we should go lol.

That is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
wukusimw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends what happens at the QB position...It would be good to take care of everything except QB,DE, and LB before the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: