Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DKDALFan's 2013 personal mock draft thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: DKDALFan's 2013 personal mock draft thread Reply with quote

****WELCOME TO DKDALFAN's DRAFT THREAD*****

This thread will primarily be focusing on mock drafts. Just removed my old ones here from the first post, to use it to create a better view of this thread. First, I will post links for the mocks I've posted here:

My last 3-4 mock (first post on the page)
recap:
1st: Jonathan Jenkins
2nd: Travis Frederick
3rd: Chase Thomas
3rd: TJ McDonald
4th: Alvin Bailey
5th: Joe Kruger
6th: Knile Davis

Shifting to the 4-3, but focusing o line early (mid/low post on the page)
recap:
1st: Jonathan Cooper
2nd: Sean Porter
2nd: Travis Frederick
3rd: TJ McDonald
5th: Michael Buchanan
6th: Knile Davis

Needs ranked after importance:
1) OG
2) FS
3) LDE
4) OLB
5) OG

worth noticing is that I have some believe in Crawford as being a decent LDE already this year and being able to be the starter. I don't see a need to make a big reach, but depth is needed.

As for OG, Burnadeau is a must be replaced and it wouldn't hurt to get a young guy to replace Livings as well in a strong guard class.

Safety is obviosly, Sensa must go and we don't know what we have in Johnson.

I believe that Lee - Connor - Carter can start, but atleast depth is needed to get a guy who on regular basis can come in on passing downs so Connor will be taken out and Lee moved in to the middle.

- Let me know what you think of the trades, players, needs, rankings, value and so on.

Last edited by DKDALfan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hiero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely like the first one more although it could use another OL pick or two.

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiero wrote:
definitely like the first one more although it could use another OL pick or two.

I wouldnt agree with you on that one, if you are thinking in the first 4 rounds. This season, I think it was pretty much center, RG and RT that was the problem. Cook, the center, only started because Costa has been very injury plagued this season. But when he did play, he played great. Burnadeau on RG should defintly be cut, And his replacement was drafted in both mocks in Travis Frederick. Free on RT, is a guy who I think can get back to be a good player. His biggest problem is working on his punch, I have no idea why it has gotten that much worse, but I do believe that he can bounce back. Here towards the end of the season, he did play better. Worst case scenario, we try to trade him for a 7th or cut him and let Parnell start who did play some respectable football this year. Wouldn't really be that worried about having Parnell at RT.

- I guess you would like more oline because you hate them all accept from Tyron Smith? could see in your mock that you dislike Livings, which I really have to disagree with. He isn't a top player, but he has done a very solid job and I think that it would be wrong to replace him unless there is a guard who is clearly BPA in the 3rd.
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still absolutely in love with that first mock.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that you cut Spears when he only saves us $600k vs the cap and is a solid rotation 5T

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Interesting that you cut Spears when he only saves us $600k vs the cap and is a solid rotation 5T

I like Lissemore, Hatcher, Ratliff, Coleman and Crawford (passrush) more based on play and Callaway more in terms of potential and with a hope of him finally being ready to contribute next season. But to be honest, I actually thought that we would save a bit more by cutting Spears, but that wasnt the main reason for why I want to let him go. I drafted D line in both mocks, and offcourse I like them better then him as well.

Spears is a solid run defender, but more often then not his tackles are some yards after LOS. He doesnt really offer much in passrush, pushing the pocket or tackles for loss.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Lissemore but he's likely to see more time at NT along with Ratliff, leaving you Coleman who I think is worse than Spears and won't be back anyway, and Crawford/Callaway. I think Crawford could supplant Spears in camp but he has to fight for it and even then, Spears is your #3 5T behind him with Callaway a project at this point.

You're also grading a guy by the wrong production - Spears is supposed to keep LBers clean and he does a very good job of stacking blockers and holding the POA. It's why Lee and Carter are able to fly around making tackles like they do. He should get a few pressures/TFL's from time to time and I'd like to see more of that as well, but priority #1 is keeping the LBs clean.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
I agree with Lissemore but he's likely to see more time at NT along with Ratliff, leaving you Coleman who I think is worse than Spears and won't be back anyway, and Crawford/Callaway. I think Crawford could supplant Spears in camp but he has to fight for it and even then, Spears is your #3 5T behind him with Callaway a project at this point.

You're also grading a guy by the wrong production - Spears is supposed to keep LBers clean and he does a very good job of stacking blockers and holding the POA. It's why Lee and Carter are able to fly around making tackles like they do. He should get a few pressures/TFL's from time to time and I'd like to see more of that as well, but priority #1 is keeping the LBs clean.

If you look at my second mock, Lissemore is a DE and not a NT and in the first mock I drafted Hunt who I also do like better.

- Then we just disagree about the importance of getting past the D line when you are a 3-4 DE.

But I will say that when the savings would only be 600.000, I probably would leave Callaway on the PS unless he seriously makes the jump this season which I could see happen. As for being better then Coleman, no. Coleman was the starter for a reason, he's a very underrated player. He holds his ground better then Spears, and not that i'm really looking at it, but I believe he keeps the linebackers free just as good as Spears. As I stated, it's in passrush Crawford outplays Spears, and I defintly believe that is correct.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem with the mocks - Kyle Orton's trade value is not equivalent to a mid 3rd-rounder selection. Orton might have a 6th- or 7th-round value, but definitely not a 3rd rounder.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
The biggest problem with the mocks - Kyle Orton's trade value is not equivalent to a mid 3rd-rounder selection. Orton might have a 6th- or 7th-round value, but definitely not a 3rd rounder.

I can understand why you think the trade value is off.

- as for 6th or 7th, I defintly think it is better in such a weak QB class. especially with him having a relative cheap contract, I could see teams as the Jets and Chiefs make a play for him. I value him to be worth about a early 4th rounder on his own.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
TheStarStillShines wrote:

I can understand why you think the trade value is off.

- as for 6th or 7th, I defintly think it is better in such a weak QB class. especially with him having a relative cheap contract, I could see teams as the Jets and Chiefs make a play for him. I value him to be worth about a early 4th rounder on his own.

Orton does not carry a 4th round value regardless of how poor this incoming QB class is. The absolute highest anyone might be willing to pay would be a conditional 5th, but I'd doubt even that. He's really a 6th-7th value.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mods. I think we need to clear this up, before everyone gets into their mocks. The 3rd most used grammatical mistake on this forum occurs between re-sign and resign. Only to be beaten out by lose vs loose, and your vs you're. Remember 'resign' means to relinquish or leave one's position. The term 're-sign' mean to sign with the same team again. Not trying to be internet bhole, but I get confused sometimes think that a poster meant one and not the other.

Didn't mean to pick on you personally DKDAL. Thought your mock was good for this early, since so much changes. I'd like to see us move around, pick up a 7th and take Lattimore with that. Although, Peterson's recovery will probably take him earlier.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Hey mods. I think we need to clear this up, before everyone gets into their mocks. The 3rd most used grammatical mistake on this forum occurs between re-sign and resign. Only to be beaten out by lose vs loose, and your vs you're. Remember 'resign' means to relinquish or leave one's position. The term 're-sign' mean to sign with the same team again. Not trying to be internet bhole, but I get confused sometimes think that a poster meant one and not the other.

Didn't mean to pick on you personally DKDAL. Thought your mock was good for this early, since so much changes. I'd like to see us move around, pick up a 7th and take Lattimore with that. Although, Peterson's recovery will probably take him earlier.

no problems. I'm from Denmark, so some errors will occur since it is not my first language.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

no problems. I'm from Denmark, so some errors will occur since it is not my first language.

Oh! That's why you have a kicker icon. Couldn't tell from your posts that English wasn't your first language. English has to be a pain in the rear to learn as a second language. We have so many words that are spelled the same way, but have different meanings, or sound exactly the same, but are spelled differently. Do you know Lars from Metallica? Just kidding.
Hiero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:

I think most of us especially mobile posters are too lazy to make the distinction and assume people know what it means

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: