Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you want as HC in 2013?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 25292
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Who do you want as HC in 2013? Reply with quote

With this stretch of solid play, Rivera is somehow in the running of staying in Carolina. Does anyone want this?

I definitely want Chip Kelly.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 2355
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chip
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13937
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. I wanted Ron Rivera so I don't really know what qualifies as a good head coach.
_________________

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32454
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Ron Rivera, I think the big question is whether or not the new GM will want to go out and get his own guy at some point. Its not worth it to keep Rivera around if we're just going to get rid of him next offseason. But if he's a fit with the GM and can be in the long-term plans, I'd be in favor of keeping the current staff (Rivera-Chud-McDermott).

Other than him, I like Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. I'd be okay with Chip Kelly, but there are obvious concerns about the college-NFL transition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4506
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think if the team closes out the season 5-1 Rivera keeps his job? The Panthers already beat the Saints once this year. I think he does. Chud gets fired either way IMO.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rjkilla


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 5381
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be a good idea to keep the staff intact and see if continuity equates to success next year. but i could def see a new gm wanting to go with his own people. it's tough but i think rivera is back. somebody needs to get chud under control tho cuz he clearly doesn't understand a pro style run game. it's gonna be hard to beat good teams when we are so one dimensional
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
panattack86


Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 881
Location: Rockford,IL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind rivera coming back as long as chud is gone. Sean can stay the defense is playing amazing
_________________
Adopt-A-Panther
Kelvin Benjamin
REC 43 YDS 659 AVG 15.3 LNG 51 TD 7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21262
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 candidates that I am interested in.

1. Mike Zimmer - Cincinnati Bengals DC

2. Jack Del Rio - Denver Broncos DC

3. Chip Kelly - Oregon Ducks HC
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moody


Joined: 21 Nov 2011
Posts: 705
Location: Roma
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking Rivera stays. I can't see them firing him after what the defense has done despite injuries. Im glad the last game is a decent last test. Beating Matt Lienart isn't too impressive. I'm not sold on Chud but the offensive line makes it hard to call plays.

I wonder if the new GM will have a say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13937
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
2. Jack Del Rio - Denver Broncos DC


Oh lord no.
_________________

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 25292
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
I have 3 candidates that I am interested in.

1. Mike Zimmer - Cincinnati Bengals DC

2. Jack Del Rio - Denver Broncos DC

3. Chip Kelly - Oregon Ducks HC


What? No.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 25292
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
I'm thinking Rivera stays. I can't see them firing him after what the defense has done despite injuries. Im glad the last game is a decent last test. Beating Matt Lienart isn't too impressive. I'm not sold on Chud but the offensive line makes it hard to call plays.

I wonder if the new GM will have a say.


I'm pretty sure he will.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AJ23


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 706
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope those of you who are dying for a new head coach realize how far back this team will be set back if that happens. They are making a lot of progress over the second half of this season. I guess the organization should treat Rivera like a 5 year old. They should punish him by firing him for his team not improving to this degree until the second half of his second season. Rolling Eyes What good is punishing Rivera going to do for the organization with the way they are playing now? Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry for the rant, but part of me hopes this team continues to flounder and ends up being sold. The other part wants what's best for the city and the benefiting businesses (with it's employees - especially in this economy). Two years in and the team is playing the way that it is now, and we are still calling for his head. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AJ23


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 706
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
boondock wrote:
I have 3 candidates that I am interested in.

1. Mike Zimmer - Cincinnati Bengals DC

2. Jack Del Rio - Denver Broncos DC

3. Chip Kelly - Oregon Ducks HC


What? No.
I agree. We've seen that movie in another city. It didn't end well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 25292
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ23 wrote:
I hope those of you who are dying for a new head coach realize how far back this team will be set back if that happens. They are making a lot of progress over the second half of this season. I guess the organization should treat Rivera like a 5 year old. They should punish him by firing him for his team not improving to this degree until the second half of his second season. Rolling Eyes What good is punishing Rivera going to do for the organization with the way they are playing now? Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry for the rant, but part of me hopes this team continues to flounder and ends up being sold. The other part wants what's best for the city and the benefiting businesses (with it's employees - especially in this economy). Two years in and the team is playing the way that it is now, and we are still calling for his head. Rolling Eyes


Just like last year? These are wins against bad teams at the end of the year. Rivera has shown time and time again he cannot out-coach the opponent to win close games. Did firing their old coach not work for SF, Seattle, Indianapolis, and St. Louis?
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group