Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bacon's Mock V4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Bacon's Mock V4 Reply with quote

Head Coach: Mike McCoy (Previous Offensive Coordinator for Denver)

Offensive Coordinator: Ben McDaniels (Previous Assistant Offensive Coach for Tampa Bay)

Defensive Coordinator: Ron Rivera (Previous Head Coach for Carolina)

Cuts/Not resigned

Mike Vick
Demetress Bell
Mike Patterson
Darryl Tapp
Derek Landri
Kurt Coleman
Nnamdi Asomaghu
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Jake Scott
Dion Lewis
Stanley Havili

Resignings

OT King Dunlap 1 yr/$1 million

LB Akeem Jordan 2 yrs/$1.8 million

LS Jon Dorenbos 1 yr/$900k

CB Brandon Hughes 1 yr/$500k

S Colt Anderson 2 yrs/$1.5 million

Restructured Contracts

DT Cullen Jenkins' salary for 2013 is cut to $2 million

OT Jason Peters' salary for 2013 is cut to $6.5 million

Free Agency/Trades

RT Andre Smith 6 yrs/$36 million ($15 million guaranteed)

DT Alan Branch 3 yrs/$10 million ($4 million guaranteed)

CB Derek Cox 5 yrs/$29 million ($12 million guaranteed)

TE James Casey 4 yrs/$12 million ($3 million guaranteed)

QB Jason Campbell 1 yr/$2 million ($1 million guaranteed)

Jeremy Maclin and a 5th round pick are traded to Miami for their 2nd round pick

2013 NFL Draft

The 4th overall pick is traded to San Diego for the 11th overall pick, a 2nd round pick, a 4th round pick, and a 2013 3rd round pick

Round 1 (11 via SD): Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State 6'2 185 lbs

The 35th overall pick and a 2014 2nd round pick are traded to Cincinnati for the 21st overall pick

Round 1 (21): Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU 6'5 270 lbs

Round 2 (10 via Mia): Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech 6'3 206 lbs

Round 2 (12 via SD): Arthur Brown OLB Kansas State 6'1 228 lbs

Round 3 (5): Shawn Williams S Georgia 6'1 220 lbs

Round 4 (4): Gabe Jackson G Mississippi State 6'4 320 lbs

Round 4 (11 via SD): DJ Swearinger S South Carolina 6'0 210 lbs

Our 6th round pick and a 2014 6th round pick are traded to Tennessee for their 5th round pick

Round 5 (8 via Ten): Marcus Davis WR Virginia Tech 6'4 232 lbs

Depth Chart

QB: Nick Foles / Trent Edwards / Jason Campbell
RB: LeSean McCoy / Bryce Brown / Chris Polk
TE: James Casey / Brent Celek / Clay Harbor
WR1: DeSean Jackson / Riley Cooper
WR2: Da'Rick Rogers / Marcus Davis
WR3: Damaris Johnson / Jason Avant
LT: Jason Peters / King Dunlap
LG: Todd Herremans / Gabe Jackson
C: Jason Kelce / Dallas Reynolds
RG: Evan Mathis / Danny Watkins
RT: Andre Smith / Dennis Kelly

With the addition of Smith, and Herremans, Peters, and Kelce coming back from injury, we once again will have a dominant offensive line. McCoy comes in and decides to build the offense around the young Foles and its running backs. McCoy has been known to get the most out of his quarterbacks and for his uncanny ability to utilize his players' talents to the fullest. Behind a good offensive line, with a great run game, and with a very good, young group of wide receivers, Foles could very well develop into a franchise quarterback. This is exactly what McCoy thinks which is why he builds the offense the way he does here. Foles seems to like bigger receivers sometimes, and we now have three wide receivers who are 6'3 or taller in Cooper, Rogers, and Davis. Also, the addition of the versatile and criminally underrated James Casey gives Nick a big target at tight end. Ben McDaniels and Mike McCoy will have this offense looking crisp and efficient.

DE: Brandon Graham / Vinny Curry
NT: Alan Branch / Cullen Jenkins
UT: Fletcher Cox / Cedric Thornton
DE: Trent Cole / Ezekiel Ansah / Phillip Hunt
SLB: Arthur Brown / Casey Matthews
MLB: DeMeco Ryans / Jamar Chaney
WLB: Mychal Kendricks / Akeem Jordan
CB: Derek Cox / Curtis Marsh
FS: DJ Swearinger / Nate Allen
SS: Shawn Williams / Colt Anderson
CB: Johnthan Banks / Brandon Hughes
Nickel CB: Brandon Boykin

Graham, Cox, Cole, Ryans, and Kendricks are the only 2012 starters who will be starting in 2013. The defense needs an entirely new identity and it gets just that here. The secondary basically went through an entire renovation minus Boykin. Cox, only 26, is one of the better corners in the league. Banks is an elite prospect whose skills should translate well to the pros. Together, they give us a duo of young corners with great cover skills, but who are also physical guys not afraid to make a big hit. Something we have been yearning for. Coleman and Allen are replaced by a pair of rookies. Some may think that is a bit extreme, but these two rookies are special players. Swearinger reminds me of a smaller Kam Chancellor. He roams the field making big plays, can line up in the box and stuff the run, etc. Williams is a big time playmaker in his own right. He has great ball skills and he is also a guy who doesn't shy away from contact. Cox, Banks, Boykin, Swearinger, and Williams becomes our secondary core. All of them are young and will be able to learn how to play with one another over the years. They could very well become the best secondary group in the NFL down the road. Our front 7, while not completely changed, is definitely improved. Three straight up athletes are added up front in Branch, Ansah, and Brown. All of those guys are physical players with a ton of upside. Branch has been an anchor of a ferocious Seattle defensive line and can play nose tackle. Jenkins takes a paycut to rotate with him at the NT spot. Ansah very well may have as much upside as any player from this draft. He is 6'5 270 lbs and runs A 4.62 40 yd dash. I have never seen a guy his size and power move with such fluidity and ease. Ansah can line up inside or out, it doesn't matter. He will make plays anywhere. He can drop back into coverage if needed. In a year or two, he and Graham will be a ferocious DE tandem. Arthur Brown comes in at strongside linebacker and starts immediately. Some here (cough Meco) have likened him to the great Ray Lewis. And I can see why. He, Ryans, and Kendricks gives us an actually great linebacker core for the first time in years. Rivera will be like a pig in mud with all these young toys on his defense. Our D all of a sudden is one not to be messed with and will not roll over as easy as it did in 2012.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain

Last edited by baconrad3 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
eagles1014

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion we are giving foles way too much credit, especially judging by this mock. If we go into the season with our backup plan as edwards and campbell, we are asking for trouble.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Rivera running a 4-3?

Don't like Andre Smith

Don't think we trade Maclin, or could get that for him

Who would San Diego trade up for and why?

Love the draft.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I love it? Very much so yes.

Do I think it will happen? Eh....not so much

At least I don't think we add that many Free Agents.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:

He coached in a 4-3 when he was here under Jim Johnson, while he was with the Bears when they went to the Super Bowl, and the Panthers run it now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:

If we cut Nnamdi, Vick, Bell, Patterson, and don't resign DRC...we very well may have to sign that many FAs to reach the cap floor

Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

If we cut Nnamdi, Vick, Bell, Patterson, and don't resign DRC...we very well may have to sign that many FAs to reach the cap floor

Really? Ok nevermind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be the best mock I've seen this offseason. I love every signing and every draft pick. Very very very nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also very much so like this draft. I would be extremely happy with this type of off-season.

My only criticisms:

1. I don't like Ansah at 21 (I'm not as high on him as a lot of people are), but I can't really complain about that with the other draft picks. I pretty much like them all very much.

2. If Andre Smith makes it to UFA (which is definitely possible), I think he signs for closer to 6 yrs/$48m with $16-$20m guaranteed. Someone like Doug Free got a 4 yr/$32m with $17m guaranteed contract in 2011, and I don't even think he ever was up against UFA. Honestly, it's really just nitpicking, and I would absolutely love grabbing Smith as a UFA.

3. We are starting 3/4 rookies in the secondary, and the only veteran has some injury concerns. Behind those starters are same horrific players that shouldn't really be on the roster next year. I think if you replaced 1 back-up CB and 1 back-up S in this mock, it would be greatly improved. I think if someone like Leodis McKelvin from Buffalo becomes a UFA, he could be had at a decent price, and would even step in as a KR\PR at the expense of either Curtis Marsh, or Dmitri Patterson as CB depth. I know you already added a bunch of UFAs, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing at all. Especially when they're 27-28 years old instead of 30-31 years old.

Again, awesome mock, like a few others have said, this is definitely one of the best I've read so far. I would definitely be comfortable rolling with this squad moving forward.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're rebuilding we should be trading for future draft picks, not trading ours away.

I like Banks, Brown, Williams, and Swearinger, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft is good.

It says you have Kurt being cut then he is 2nd stringing it at SS?...
baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
If we're rebuilding we should be trading for future draft picks, not trading ours away.

We got an extra 3rd rounder in 2014 from the SD trade here. We'd only be trading one future 2nd rounder and that's to move up to get Ansah, who I think is worth it.

I know we traded the extra 6th rounder here too, but that's only two picks. The extra picks acquired in this mock more than make up for it....We have 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 4ths

baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:

Don't like Andre Smith

Don't think we trade Maclin, or could get that for him

Who would San Diego trade up for and why?

Love the draft.

SD would clearly be trading up for Joeckel. With Matthews returning to school, Joeckel's value goes up. A team like San Diego could want to leapfrog Arizona and Detroit to get him. They wouldn't be giving up some RGIII like bounty either

Rivera ran a 4-3 in Chicago just fine. If you remember correctly his defense carried Rex Grossman to a Superbowl.

People here just don't like Smith because he got his lunch money stolen from Brandon Graham in one game. He is actually a really good RT, is only 26, and wouldn't command a ton of money. He's played well the past 2 years....probably one of the better RTs in the league. He and Peters as our bookends would be awesome. Two unmovable objects.

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like this a lot. I doubt we'll get Andre Smith and I don't like keeping Cullen

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

We got an extra 3rd rounder in 2014 from the SD trade here. We'd only be trading one future 2nd rounder and that's to move up to get Ansah, who I think is worth it.

I know we traded the extra 6th rounder here too, but that's only two picks. The extra picks acquired in this mock more than make up for it....We have 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 4ths

I understand the reasoning, but don't think it's a very realistic scenario. When you're rebuilding, the objective should be to trade back and aquire more picks, not trade away future picks.

I also notice that you keep sliding Ansah down your board - he went from a top five pick, to a top ten pick, to a top twenty pick, and was the last selection in your overall mock. That's all between their last game, and their bowl game - why do you keep dropping him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: