Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Usual Suspects...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick said he wished he could play other positions, when asked if cornerback was one of those positions he said no, he thought those guys "did the best they could."

If he was calling out Nnamdi and DRC he did a pretty crappy job. I think its obvious they quit, but Vick is calling out his teammates then covering his tracks a bit.

Vick and Foles were obviously excused from that.

I would think the entire OL is a question, sans for Mathis.

I don't think you can say it was one of the runningbacks.

Avant and Maclin played tough, but Maclin is made out of tissue paper. Celek played tough, but is inconsistant. Jackson took some hits and went over the middle prior to going on IR. Remember that hit he took from Ed Reed?

Babin was cut, so he was obviously one of those guys. As much as I love him, Cole was pretty bad, and he and Babin are buddies and as much as I'd hate to say it, could Babin have rub off on him? Derek Landri fell off the face of the earth this season, and was another "Washburn guy".

Not sure about the linebackers, they played well for an Eagles LB corps.

The entire secondary was awful. They have to all be gone next year.

The DL, Secondary, and OL are where the main culprits can be found IMO.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine the entire cult culture Wash implemented with his D Line was toxic, and that a lot of those guys have been temperamental all this time

I hope it didn't poison our real Eagles, Cole and Coxy and B-Rex

Thankfully Washburn never really got to Vinny Curry

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
I imagine the entire cult culture Wash implemented with his D Line was toxic, and that a lot of those guys have been temperamental all this time

Cox and Graham went after it all season when on the field, that was clear, so I highly doubt it was either of them. Curry played hard as well and looked tough and went after it.

Cole's production fell off dramatically, but he looked the same athletically, which leads me to speculate.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet there were locker room divisions caused by Washburn for sure.
As I'm sure there were 'Juan guys' too, who probably kind of felt bad for the guy because of the Washburn situation and the DL.

Certainly there are a lot of 'Andy guys' who probably started to get frustrated when they realized their coach was about to be fired, and some dudes just did not give a damn.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:

I think the young guys, AKA rookies probably weren't the problem. They're trying to make a name for themselves, and honestly, if there's a victim in this it's them who had to deal with such a crappy locker room.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson quits intermittently all of the time.

He quits when he doesn't get paid.
He quits when he doesn't get the ball.
He quits when he is running the risk of being hit.
He quits when it is hard.

Jackson is a bum.
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Vick is one of the main culprits. Every time he is interviewed he has this "I" attitude. He was arguably the worst QB in the league and when the Eagles bring up renegotiating his contract, he takes to the media and slaps management down. Combine that with his brothers mouth all season and you have a problem child. Thank God this cancer will be cut out soon.

What leads me to believe that some of these comments are about Vick - in particular, the comments about "focus", is some of the articles that came out about Foles earlier in the season.

Saying he was a football rat, in early and stays late with Edwards to watch film...

Never heard anyone say anything like that about Mike Vick.

Last edited by PhiCelek87 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Vick is one of the main culprits. Every time he is interviewed he has this "I" attitude. He was arguably the worst QB in the league and when the Eagles bring up renegotiating his contract, he takes to the media and slaps management down. Combine that with his brothers mouth all season and you have a problem child. Thank God this cancer will be cut out soon.

Your hate for Vick won't be missed next season that's for sure. Laughing Unfortunately I think your dead wrong with any of the quoted players above speaking about Vick in particular. You might not like the individual but Shady, Maclin and Avant do without question. Problem with all of this now is that no one wants to be the bad guy and name names because you look like a tool doing so. Like many have said in the past and Vick admitted to earlier in one of the quotes. He should have been more vocal and called people out that needed to be even after the players only meeting. However as he said they are Grown men. That shouldn't be his job to do but your requirement as professional.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea especially the defense seemed to be cliques. The vet Dline guys always sticking together, Kendricks and Demeco tied at the hip, Nnamdi was with coaches more than he was his teammates. The rooks didn't seem to do that....thinking about Flietcher he was always all over the place when they showed him on the sidelines....at least I remember him talking with Jenkins, Coaches, and backups on both sides.

I think Jenkins could've been an issue with Maclin, just because he came from a winner and is an opinionated guy...who really had no allegiances so I could see him calling people out or not getting along.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhiCelek87 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:

What leads me to believe that some of these comments are about Vick - in particular, the comments about "focus", is some of the articles that came out about Foles earlier in the season.

Saying he was a football rat, in early and stays late with Edwards to watch film...

We've heard about Vick staying late to watch film almost constantly. I really doubt it's Vick - he's dumb and not a great QB but you can't argue that he wasn't out there fighting every snap (at least until his concussion)

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
PhiCelek87 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:

We've heard about Vick staying late to watch film almost constantly. I really doubt it's Vick - he's dumb and not a great QB but you can't argue that he wasn't out there fighting every snap (at least until his concussion)

Perhaps I'm not reading the right articles then... Never read that.
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Yea especially the defense seemed to be cliques. The vet Dline guys always sticking together, Kendricks and Demeco tied at the hip, Nnamdi was with coaches more than he was his teammates. The rooks didn't seem to do that....thinking about Flietcher he was always all over the place when they showed him on the sidelines....at least I remember him talking with Jenkins, Coaches, and backups on both sides.

I think Jenkins could've been an issue with Maclin, just because he came from a winner and is an opinionated guy...who really had no allegiances so I could see him calling people out or not getting along.

I also think there's no way anyone could read those quotes and not see parallels to Nmandi and DRC.

I think both those guys have got to go.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the team responded a lot better to Nick Foles than it ever did to Mike Vick. Seemed like we were actually trying a little bit during the Foles era. Packed it back in week 17 with Vick.

But as for who was quitting on the team. It seems like a few guys faded as the season went on.

Demeco Ryans started the year as a juggernaut, and then seemed to disappear down the stretch. I think he gave up when Juan got fired.

Actually a lot of our back 7 seemed to play worse when Juan got fired.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
Kempes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all deflated. Some can be picked back up but many need to simply be shown the door. Whoever comes in has a task on their hands, but it is achievable to turn it around.

Just throwing it out there but I won't be sad if Jackson leaves the Eagles in whatever form.
willy_law

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect them to be talking about Nnamdi, DRC, Jackson. I think Cullen jenkins could be one. I feel that Darryl Tapp probably had a bit to say as well. This team just needs a comprehensive culture change.

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: