Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns 3-4 D: What Y'all think
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
abbs1988


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 417
Location: #freEJGordon
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Browns 3-4 D: What Y'all think Reply with quote

(currently)
Browns 3-4 defense...
line
rubin
rucker
winn

LB's
JMJ
secondary
Haden
Ward


(Offseanson Moves)
Tradeable assets
DQJ
Taylor
Sheard

Needed:
RLB's
2nd half of secondary

trade DQJ to cincy for Burfict(bad [inappropriate/removed]) (MLB), Moch -6'2, 255, 4.4 speed(SRLB)

trade taylor and sheard to Min for their 1s(23rd)t, and 2nd(56th) rd picks

Draft-trade #6 to Jets for 1st(9),and 2nd(39)
9- D.Jordan(RLB)
23- X.Rhodes(CB)
39- T.Jefferson(FS)
56- D.Jones(DE)

Final Product; Defense

Line
Rucker/Jones
Rubin
Winn


LB's
Dion Jordan
JMJ
V.Burfict
Moch

Secondary
Haden
Ward
Rhodes
Jefferson

not too much of a fall off from our current D, or better.... whatchu think this D will hit like???????????
_________________

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I want wiggins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6147
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Taylor and Shepard would be freaks in a 3 4
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
abbs1988


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 417
Location: #freEJGordon
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I think Taylor and Shepard would be freaks in a 3 4


I feel you dawg... it's just that i heard reports of Sheard Having "too tight of hips to play RLB, and i saw what happened to warren sapp when they moved him to 5 technique in OAK.... killed his career
_________________

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I want wiggins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20161
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRADE DQ for Burfict????


What
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
TRADE DQ for Burfict????


What


It would be an upgrade in the 34
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20161
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
TRADE DQ for Burfict????


What


It would be an upgrade in the 34



That guy is a total anamoly and a head case.

DQ is damn near a pro bowler every year.

I realize that DQ is older, but come on.

Maybe if we were to get more back, but that trade straight up would be horrible.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 1903
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Sheard would be worth a look at OLB, he rushes standing up often as is. Where I see most the problem is in Taylor, Rubin, and Hughes all being NT. Winn and Rucker could probably be looked at as 3-4 DEs.

Our LBs would be hurting though. Dqwell isn't as good in the 3-4, and we'd probably have to find somebody to play ROLB because Gocong is fit at ILB in this set as is JMJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
abbs1988


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 417
Location: #freEJGordon
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
TRADE DQ for Burfict????


What


It would be an upgrade in the 34


Exactly, Burfict naturally plays ray lewis' position, and Moch is a natural RLB. not WLB, and SLB where cincy has them stationed right now, ,

They could use the Leadership of DQJ

and we could use the bad a$$ run stuffing ability of burfict, and the lights out speed of Moch in the 3-4
_________________

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I want wiggins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3821
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks.

I love how our defense is right now in the 4-3. I really hope they keep it this way!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16277
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excercises like this just go to prove what a bad idea this is.

Trading our best defensive players to fit a system is just an awful idea. If this regime allows that to happen, then they will be failures.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
abbs1988


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 417
Location: #freEJGordon
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Excercises like this just go to prove what a bad idea this is.

Trading our best defensive players to fit a system is just an awful idea. If this regime allows that to happen, then they will be failures.


I have always been a fan of the 3-4, I guess because I feel that it is a superior defensive scheme than the 4-3.

I think if you have the opportunity to send Jordan and Moch at oppsing QB's all day and draft a physical, athletic, no non sense corner(rhodes)...you take it over sheard, and just werner or possibly miliner in your 4-3 arrangment
_________________

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I want wiggins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5332
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil Taylor is 1 of only a few players on this team with truely elite take over the game type potential. If we trade him I will hate you forever for even suggesting it in this mock.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16277
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abbs1988 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Excercises like this just go to prove what a bad idea this is.

Trading our best defensive players to fit a system is just an awful idea. If this regime allows that to happen, then they will be failures.


I have always been a fan of the 3-4, I guess because I feel that it is a superior defensive scheme than the 4-3.

I think if you have the opportunity to send Jordan and Moch at oppsing QB's all day and draft a physical, athletic, no non sense corner(rhodes)...you take it over sheard, and just werner or possibly miliner in your 4-3 arrangment


The superior defensive scheme is the one that best fits your players. For the Browns, that is undeniably the 4-3.

Sacrificing high-quality, young players to make a scheme change is a terrible idea. The defense is clearly the most advanced part of our team in terms of rebuilding, so it would make no sense to blow it up and start over at this point.

A few pieces added in this offseason and it could be a top 10 unit. A big part of that would be the players you are advocating trading here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Excercises like this just go to prove what a bad idea this is.

Trading our best defensive players to fit a system is just an awful idea. If this regime allows that to happen, then they will be failures.


I have always been a fan of the 3-4, I guess because I feel that it is a superior defensive scheme than the 4-3.

I think if you have the opportunity to send Jordan and Moch at oppsing QB's all day and draft a physical, athletic, no non sense corner(rhodes)...you take it over sheard, and just werner or possibly miliner in your 4-3 arrangment


The superior defensive scheme is the one that best fits your players. For the Browns, that is undeniably the 4-3.

Sacrificing high-quality, young players to make a scheme change is a terrible idea. The defense is clearly the most advanced part of our team in terms of rebuilding, so it would make no sense to blow it up and start over at this point.

A few pieces added in this offseason and it could be a top 10 unit. A big part of that would be the players you are advocating trading here.


I think could do well in the 34 as well especially a 1 gap 34.

But being ditch you will disagree.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 44564
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hate the 34
It sucked trying to watch us get a good one for 6 years, and then in two drafts we got a freakin sweet defense and we want to blow it up, why?

because the previous 6 years went so swimmingly?

idiotic if you ask me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group