Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why I love and at the same time DESPISE - LeBeau
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
It really does seem plainly obvious that Ziggy and Cam should switch sides.

Perhaps this will only happen when they feel Cam is going to be the full time starter instead of Keisel. Rather than Ziggy and Keisel being the starters and so Ziggy having to stay on the left.

Which is odd, because with the skill set they were drafted for, one would assume they would just stay on the sides they're already on; you know?
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyward is a MUCH better 5 tech than Ziggy. He has the arms and technique to do it well.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter which side Heyward is more suited for or whatever player is in front of him in the depth chart after this season there is absolutely no reason for him not be entrenched as a starter in '13. That's one thing we can all definitely agree on. It's too bad he didn't see more action this year. He's the ideal fit on the DL.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
It really does seem plainly obvious that Ziggy and Cam should switch sides.

Perhaps this will only happen when they feel Cam is going to be the full time starter instead of Keisel. Rather than Ziggy and Keisel being the starters and so Ziggy having to stay on the left.

Which is odd, because with the skill set they were drafted for, one would assume they would just stay on the sides they're already on; you know?

Their skill sets much better suit switching and definitely not staying on the sides they are on.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I understand LeBeau's loyalty

It's an extension of the "good ole' boy's system"

the veterans absolutely love LeBeau, because the job is theirs, no matter what.

It's why I said that JJ Watt would still be sitting on the bench if we drafted him in 2011. Watt would be our main special teams' guy, just like Heyward is now.

just like how lewis sat the bench while bmac and willie had their jobs. It is the problem with this team . Then there is the read and react DL style and the wrong players they have for it. If a more aggressive DL scheme came in and man to man coverage scheme was implemented, the D would be much better.
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Hood was invisible until around week 11. How he still got three times the snaps defensively than Heyward is beyond me.

Hood just doesn't have what it takes to come off the edge. Perhaps he should get more looks at NT?

should have never been drafted for read and react 5tech, he is (was?) more of a one gap player. Why they did this is an example of the FO making a bad pick in the first round. Nothing wrong with the players dedication, conditioning etc, just the team tried making the player play a technique not really suited for him. I can understand a 3rd round pick, but 1st round pichs should suit the system and be able to start and be really good, possibly probowl alternates. Hood has had some good games, but it just shows too often he is not suited for this , where as Aaron Smith was. The FO has made some terrible picks in recent years, but they have had some gifts to bail them out (Adams and DD) .
Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Hood was a bad pick for how they want to play him, but I think he'd certainly live up to being a late first round caliber player if they moved him to play to his strength.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I understand LeBeau's loyalty

It's an extension of the "good ole' boy's system"

the veterans absolutely love LeBeau, because the job is theirs, no matter what.

It's why I said that JJ Watt would still be sitting on the bench if we drafted him in 2011. Watt would be our main special teams' guy, just like Heyward is now.

just like how lewis sat the bench while bmac and willie had their jobs. It is the problem with this team . Then there is the read and react DL style and the wrong players they have for it. If a more aggressive DL scheme came in and man to man coverage scheme was implemented, the D would be much better.

Maybe if you actually WATCHED you wouldve seen that Lewis was extremely mediocre and never really earned the right to start.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lewis was a frickin' head case. he walked into training camp in 2011 and was given the opportunity to "be the man", and he blew it, then threw a tantrum and broke stuff after he got beat badly during a preseason game.

head.
case.

Lake straightened him out and got him on his game.

as I said in the other thread, apparently lewis is stating he was misquoted and never said anything at all like "the steelers screwed up"

but who knows.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis started his career like Lee Mays and by that I mean he was a good player with potential in TC and OTA's. But when he got on the field his talent didn't transition well to the game. Couple that with M. Wallace doing well and maybe a bit of self entitlement then boom you have a issue.

There wasn't any doubt that Lewis had the potentially he just thought to highly of himself. So when things didn't go quite as he planned he reacted in a way that got him pushed way down the depth chart. Even though he should of been the starter maybe 2 yrs prior.

K. Lewis could of been had a nice contract, but the reason he doesn't is because of his own doing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keth and SP stated it well in the previous two posts.

The Steelers didnt screw anything up. Theyve screwed up things in the past, but not signing Lewis before the season wasnt a mistake. In hindsight its easy to say that. Prior to the season, no one really said a word about it, and thats because he simply didnt proved he deserved one.

If we keep him, Ill be happy.

If not, I wont cry.

IMO, Carnell Lake is the one molding these young DBs, and he can do it with someone else.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43:

Will you not even shed a tear? -> Crying or Very sad Wink

I know it's a year off from Cortez Allen being in that situation, but I'd argue Cortez Allen showed more before this season than Keenan Lewis ever did prior to this year. I doubt many would've been clamoring to resign him so he doesn't leave the following offseason. It's ridiculous to go back in time and make a statement that no one at that time was making. It'd be different if 3Rivers and Kethy quoted themselves now to when they posted during last offseason saying we need to resign Keenan before the season starts to a long-term deal. But I don't remember anyone making that case.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@43:

I know it's a year off from Cortez Allen being in that situation, but I'd argue Cortez Allen showed more before this season than Keenan Lewis ever did prior to this year. I doubt many would've been clamoring to resign him so he doesn't leave the following offseason. It's ridiculous to go back in time and make a statement that no one at that time was making. It'd be different if 3Rivers and Kethy quoted themselves now to when they posted during last offseason saying we need to resign Keenan before the season starts to a long-term deal. But I don't remember anyone making that case.

Cortez Allen will get a extension this off season similar to A. Brown. Especially if they run into problems with K. Lewis. Then Curtis Brown will finally show up and the cycle will repeat itself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@43:

I darn sure didn't

in fact, I think my quote was "I have zero confidence that he'll be the guy that actually develops"

in fact, I drafted Cortez Allen for FMD12 while Keenan Lewis went undrafted, and I stand by that. I'd get rid of Ike Taylor or Keenan Lewis before I got rid of Cortez Allen.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
@43:

I darn sure didn't

in fact, I think my quote was "I have zero confidence that he'll be the guy that actually develops"

in fact, I drafted Cortez Allen for FMD12 while Keenan Lewis went undrafted, and I stand by that. I'd get rid of Ike Taylor or Keenan Lewis before I got rid of Cortez Allen.

I dont know if Id go that far, but I agree with everything else.

If this team overpays Lewis, Ill be mad.

Not saying he cant or wont be great going foward, but there are to many one year wonders in this league in contract years....especially CBs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: