Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why I love and at the same time DESPISE - LeBeau
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Why I love and at the same time DESPISE - LeBeau Reply with quote

from football insiders sortable snap counts

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know...Heyward looked quite good when given a chance.

I REALLY dont understand the McClendon deal. All preseason I heard how great he was, and then as soon as Snack was ready, he gets buried and we hardly see him.

I understand LeBeau's loyalty, but think about what is best for the team. Im not saying those two shouldve been starting, but there were many times where I thought Hampton was struggling that we didnt even attemtpt to use McClendon.

I could never "despise" LeBeau. He has done too much for us. I do, however, still hope he would bow out and let us move on.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I know...Heyward looked quite good when given a chance.

I REALLY dont understand the McClendon deal. All preseason I heard how great he was, and then as soon as Snack was ready, he gets buried and we hardly see him.

I understand LeBeau's loyalty, but think about what is best for the team. Im not saying those two shouldve been starting, but there were many times where I thought Hampton was struggling that we didnt even attemtpt to use McClendon.

I could never "despise" LeBeau. He has done too much for us. I do, however, still hope he would bow out and let us move on.

I agree!!

McLendon would of been great in obvious passing down formation as he's the best pass rushing DL the Steelers have. Its sad that he got hyped up all off-season and then the pre season only to ride the bench for much of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

I understand LeBeau's loyalty

It's an extension of the "good ole' boy's system"

the veterans absolutely love LeBeau, because the job is theirs, no matter what.

It's why I said that JJ Watt would still be sitting on the bench if we drafted him in 2011. Watt would be our main special teams' guy, just like Heyward is now.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

It's why I said that JJ Watt would still be sitting on the bench if we drafted him in 2011. Watt would be our main special teams' guy, just like Heyward is now.

Well, he would excel at blocking punts!! Laughing Wink
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Its the cost of a great defense and it's sucks but that's the reality. Its the reason I believe the Steelers continue to draft 21-22 yr old players.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Its the cost of a great defense and it's sucks but that's the reality. Its the reason I believe the Steelers continue to draft 21-22 yr old players.

it is one of the reasons, yes. However, we saw the real cost in the 2011 playoffs when we had to play with 9 and 10 in the box each play vs. Denver because our young guys were forced into the lineup on the defensive line. McClendon and Heyward had a combined 7 or 8 snaps between them, combined, going into Denver.

So we put all of our eggs in the baskets of a pair of 35-year old defensive linemen, and when they got injured like most 35-year old football players, our team was hosed since our risk-averse defense refuses to allow younger guys to get anything resembling substantial playing time.

now, we are probably going to lose both Hampton and Keisel next year, and we'll be starting the season with 2 extremely inexperienced players out of 3, on our defensive line. We've had 2 full seasons to see what we have, but in reality, we don't know much at all about them.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say it takes two years to learn our system and all of that. The only thing is, when you have other players struggling and young guys on the bench, why don't you play them?
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hood was invisible until around week 11. How he still got three times the snaps defensively than Heyward is beyond me.

Hood just doesn't have what it takes to come off the edge. Perhaps he should get more looks at NT?
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Hood was invisible until around week 11. How he still got three times the snaps defensively than Heyward is beyond me.

Hood just doesn't have what it takes to come off the edge. Perhaps he should get more looks at NT?

I don't understand do fans believe that Hood should be getting more sacks? Z. Hood is a Brett Keisel clone. If you like Brett Keisel then you like Z. Hood. I just think Z. Hood is playing on the wrong side of the defense.

I agree that C. heyward should be getting more snaps because 207 isn't enough. But to Z. Hoods defense he plays NT in the sub package defense. Which is a position that I believe should belong to S. McLendon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
I don't understand do fans believe that Hood should be getting more sacks? Z. Hood is a Brett Keisel clone. If you like Brett Keisel then you like Z. Hood. I just think Z. Hood is playing on the wrong side of the defense.

I agree that C. heyward should be getting more snaps because 207 isn't enough. But to Z. Hoods defense he plays NT in the sub package defense. Which is a position that I believe should belong to S. McLendon.

Ziggy is playing on the wrong side. He's not a Keisel clone though, they have very different styles, although I do agree Ziggy would do better on the right side where he'd be allowed to penetrate more

Ziggy is at least as good at NT as McClendon, but McClendon is much better as a DE, that I've seen. regardless, Ziggy is NOT a darn LDE
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Ziggy is playing on the wrong side. He's not a Keisel clone though, they have very different styles, although I do agree Ziggy would do better on the right side where he'd be allowed to penetrate more

Ziggy is at least as good at NT as McClendon, but McClendon is much better as a DE, that I've seen. regardless, Ziggy is NOT a darn LDE

Well there numbers indicate a lot of similarities. Difference is that J. Harrison makes life a little easier for Keisel. I'm suprised Z. Hood had this type of season especially with the regression of L. Woodley.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Well there numbers indicate a lot of similarities. Difference is that J. Harrison makes life a little easier for Keisel. I'm suprised Z. Hood had this type of season especially with the regression of L. Woodley.

Ziggy has a ton of heart and goes balls-out every play. He really is incredibly well conditioned. It was obvious later in games, when he would typically improve as the game wore on and his conditioning kept him with his movement while the RT/RG tended to start to wear out some.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

Who said anyone thinks this at all? No one should think this. The problem is; he's not generating enough pressure or opening enough gaps for others to get in the backfield.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really does seem plainly obvious that Ziggy and Cam should switch sides.

Perhaps this will only happen when they feel Cam is going to be the full time starter instead of Keisel. Rather than Ziggy and Keisel being the starters and so Ziggy having to stay on the left.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: