You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jurecki: Cards Closing In On Andy Reid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2221
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
Weeden was a reach, no arguements there.

Though they had no QBs on that roster, so they had to do something.

It wasn't an ideal situation, almost where we are at the moment.

We need to get a QB for this team, somehow, last man standing type thing.


That's the problem though. They needed a QB, desperate situation, so they panic and reach for Weeden and esentially wasted a first round pick. That's the opposite of what we should do here. That WILL set this team back, regardless of how well Andy Reid coaches.


Kolb buys us time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5925
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
Weeden was a reach, no arguements there.

Though they had no QBs on that roster, so they had to do something.

It wasn't an ideal situation, almost where we are at the moment.

We need to get a QB for this team, somehow, last man standing type thing.


That's the problem though. They needed a QB, desperate situation, so they panic and reach for Weeden and esentially wasted a first round pick. That's the opposite of what we should do here. That WILL set this team back, regardless of how well Andy Reid coaches.


Exactly.

Though was it Heck or was it Holmgren that pulled the trigger?

No one will ever know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
Weeden was a reach, no arguements there.

Though they had no QBs on that roster, so they had to do something.

It wasn't an ideal situation, almost where we are at the moment.

We need to get a QB for this team, somehow, last man standing type thing.


That's the problem though. They needed a QB, desperate situation, so they panic and reach for Weeden and esentially wasted a first round pick. That's the opposite of what we should do here. That WILL set this team back, regardless of how well Andy Reid coaches.


Kolb buys us time.


Till when, week 9? Last 2 years, that's the longest he's lasted before going down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schefter thinks this could be finalized by the end of the week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2221
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Schefter thinks this could be finalized by the end of the week.


Wow. Can't believe this is happening so fast.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5925
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless this is an elaborate ploy to drive Horton's price down, wow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 52070
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire ken, hire his carbon copy. Shurmur offenses stink, Horton will take a bc job before returning. No faith in mike bidwill at all. Wants name not talent. Money hungry wants to sell tickets. Hate this move with a passion, hate it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
OH-snelld4GB-IO


Joined: 18 Sep 2007
Posts: 8200
Location: My Teams: Packers, tOSU, any Cleveland team
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys will be happy with heckert. Take out mccoy and weeden (holmgren picks) and if you look through his drafts he's as good as anybody

Haden
Ward
Richardson
Schwartz
Billy wynn in the 6th
John hughes
Jabaal sheard
Phil taylor
Grag little
Josh gordon
Pinkston in the 6th
And numerous other late round guys I cant think of

He is good at finding talent all over the draft. He completely overhauled the talentless browns roster, it'll be interesting to see what he can do with a team that has some nice pieces
_________________


VikingsFan51 wrote:
OHIO just totally stole my thunder. Took my milkshake and ate it too


Twitter: @snelld58
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59121
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Heckert will be one of the best things to happen for your franchise. He's only made two bad picks for us. Brandon Weeden and Owen Marecic. He will NEVER be active in free agency. He builds through the draft. If he really likes someone, he will get them no matter how early.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7285
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is huge. Reid will be able to attract big time free agents, which is something this team has never been good at. His ability to develop a QB is shoddy, but he has a great track record of getting other to trade for his backups, so that is intriguing.

Who this team brings along as QB will be intriguing. Mike Vick maybe?
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Tom Heckert will be one of the best things to happen for your franchise. He's only made two bad picks for us. Brandon Weeden and Owen Marecic. He will NEVER be active in free agency. He builds through the draft. If he really likes someone, he will get them no matter how early.

I don't think Heckert is going to Arizona.
Quote:
@MaryKayCabot: My sources are telling me that former #browns gm Heckert very unlikely to end up in Arizona w/ Reid.

LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Tom Heckert will be one of the best things to happen for your franchise. He's only made two bad picks for us. Brandon Weeden and Owen Marecic. He will NEVER be active in free agency. He builds through the draft. If he really likes someone, he will get them no matter how early.

I don't think Heckert is going to Arizona.
Quote:
@MaryKayCabot: My sources are telling me that former #browns gm Heckert very unlikely to end up in Arizona w/ Reid.

LINK


I'll take Jurecki's word over anyone when it comes to Cards news.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Fire ken, hire his carbon copy. Shurmur offenses stink, Horton will take a bc job before returning. No faith in mike bidwill at all. Wants name not talent. Money hungry wants to sell tickets. Hate this move with a passion, hate it.


Heckert over Keim would be more concerning, as it seems ego and Mike's unwillingness to someone else dictate terms to him is the driving force and not individual resumes. Not saying Keim has a better resume than Heckert but the driving force for this wouldn't be resumes, it would be Mike's unwillingness to work with Keim's agent. That saddens me to no end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
green24 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Tom Heckert will be one of the best things to happen for your franchise. He's only made two bad picks for us. Brandon Weeden and Owen Marecic. He will NEVER be active in free agency. He builds through the draft. If he really likes someone, he will get them no matter how early.

I don't think Heckert is going to Arizona.
Quote:
@MaryKayCabot: My sources are telling me that former #browns gm Heckert very unlikely to end up in Arizona w/ Reid.

LINK


I'll take Jurecki's word over anyone when it comes to Cards news.

I don't know much about Cabot's credibility, but she is a Browns source. Jurecki might hear that the Cardinals want Heckert, but I don't know if Heckert wants the Cardinals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 3194
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
This is huge. Reid will be able to attract big time free agents, which is something this team has never been good at. His ability to develop a QB is shoddy, but he has a great track record of getting other to trade for his backups, so that is intriguing.

Who this team brings along as QB will be intriguing. Mike Vick maybe?


When has Free agents every won a team anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group