Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread IV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EaglesFan5-36-81


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 14547
Location: Sky is the limit and Space is the place
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Yeah plus levitre is probably a better player at guard than byrd is at safety. I think the bills keep levitre and then I think byrd comes here because he knows chip kelly from oregon.


I think you just want him here, but Byrd might be the best safety in football, Levitre is a good guard.



Well byrd is the only great fa I think we'd have a chance at.


I'd agree with that, just don't see him hitting the open market until next year if at all. Buffalo will almost certainly franchise tag him and try to re-sign him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 8882
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Yeah plus levitre is probably a better player at guard than byrd is at safety. I think the bills keep levitre and then I think byrd comes here because he knows chip kelly from oregon.


I think you just want him here, but Byrd might be the best safety in football, Levitre is a good guard.


SO they have the best safety in football and still totally suck on D? Wonder if it's because...they don't win in the trenches!


Hm, they also have a ton of talent on the DL, so the trenches must not matter either...

Quote:
Who cares where they were drafted? You are either good or you aren't.


Proof you can find good guards easier than you can find great safeties, keeping a good player by letting a great impact player go is dumb.

Also, Phillips is a very good safety and Rolle is a damn good playmaker in the back end who is versatile enough to play the slot or line up over tight ends due to his time at corner. To say or insinuate they aren't good players is simply untrue.


Phillips is not that good. Rolle is inconsistent. To say they are good players simply isn't true. They are good when the DL pressure is good.
And "Good talent" isn't the same as "good player".


Phillips went from good, but he's not that good to not good to good when he has a pass rush. That might be the most condecending thing ever. Also, Levitre is good, but not that good. It doesn't make sense from a financial point of view or a football point of view to tag Levitre over Byrd.


I don't think you understand the word condescend. I haven't patronized Phillips.

Either way, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
_________________

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, S Calhoun, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7674
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On to the next yet? Think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 42883
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for Round 5.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesFan5-36-81


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 14547
Location: Sky is the limit and Space is the place
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Yeah plus levitre is probably a better player at guard than byrd is at safety. I think the bills keep levitre and then I think byrd comes here because he knows chip kelly from oregon.


I think you just want him here, but Byrd might be the best safety in football, Levitre is a good guard.


SO they have the best safety in football and still totally suck on D? Wonder if it's because...they don't win in the trenches!


Hm, they also have a ton of talent on the DL, so the trenches must not matter either...

Quote:
Who cares where they were drafted? You are either good or you aren't.


Proof you can find good guards easier than you can find great safeties, keeping a good player by letting a great impact player go is dumb.

Also, Phillips is a very good safety and Rolle is a damn good playmaker in the back end who is versatile enough to play the slot or line up over tight ends due to his time at corner. To say or insinuate they aren't good players is simply untrue.


Phillips is not that good. Rolle is inconsistent. To say they are good players simply isn't true. They are good when the DL pressure is good.
And "Good talent" isn't the same as "good player".


Phillips went from good, but he's not that good to not good to good when he has a pass rush. That might be the most condecending thing ever. Also, Levitre is good, but not that good. It doesn't make sense from a financial point of view or a football point of view to tag Levitre over Byrd.


I don't think you understand the word condescend. I haven't patronized Phillips.

Either way, we'll just have to agree to disagree.


I'm fine with agreeing to disagree, but "Phillips is not that good" to "To say they are good players simply isn't true" to saying "They are good when the DL pressure is good" is counter productive to your argument as your saying "He's a good player, but he's not, but he is". While condescending is the wrong word, its still makes no little to no sense.

Reguardless, can we talk prospects in the prospect thread? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fitz2k2


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 6635
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Time for Round 5.


start it up vroom vroom!!!
_________________
Save Me Barry!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 8882
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Yeah plus levitre is probably a better player at guard than byrd is at safety. I think the bills keep levitre and then I think byrd comes here because he knows chip kelly from oregon.


I think you just want him here, but Byrd might be the best safety in football, Levitre is a good guard.


SO they have the best safety in football and still totally suck on D? Wonder if it's because...they don't win in the trenches!


Hm, they also have a ton of talent on the DL, so the trenches must not matter either...

Quote:
Who cares where they were drafted? You are either good or you aren't.


Proof you can find good guards easier than you can find great safeties, keeping a good player by letting a great impact player go is dumb.

Also, Phillips is a very good safety and Rolle is a damn good playmaker in the back end who is versatile enough to play the slot or line up over tight ends due to his time at corner. To say or insinuate they aren't good players is simply untrue.


Phillips is not that good. Rolle is inconsistent. To say they are good players simply isn't true. They are good when the DL pressure is good.
And "Good talent" isn't the same as "good player".


Phillips went from good, but he's not that good to not good to good when he has a pass rush. That might be the most condecending thing ever. Also, Levitre is good, but not that good. It doesn't make sense from a financial point of view or a football point of view to tag Levitre over Byrd.


I don't think you understand the word condescend. I haven't patronized Phillips.

Either way, we'll just have to agree to disagree.


I'm fine with agreeing to disagree, but "Phillips is not that good" to "To say they are good players simply isn't true" to saying "They are good when the DL pressure is good" is counter productive to your argument as your saying "He's a good player, but he's not, but he is". While condescending is the wrong word, its still makes no little to no sense.

Reguardless, can we talk prospects in the prospect thread? Laughing


My argument is Phillips is not good. He's average. Me saying "he's good when the DL pressure is good" is saying the only time he plays above average is when the defensive pressure makes his job easier. It's not counter-productive in any way. Saying he plays well when there is good pressure does not mean he is a good player. It means he's average unless he's put in favorable situations. Phillips is not good. Repeat: Phillips is not good. Playing good in spurts doesn't change that. I wish we played Kenny Phillips and Rolle 16 times a year because neither guy is good. They can both be beaten with regularity especially when the Giants DL isn't getting pressure.
_________________

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, S Calhoun, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99
Page 99 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group