Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is our 2012 MVP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Who is our 2012 MVP? Reply with quote

You have here....

Vincent Jackson?
Lavonte David?
Gerald McCoy?
Doug Martin?
Ronde Barber?

I think without a doubt, the only obvious answer is Gerald McCoy. He was the most consistent disruptive force in the middle all year long and was key to leading to our #1 run defense. You could go Vincent Jackson here because he really opened the offense up but that slow start of the season kinda permits me to vote for him.

Discuss
scottonatable

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense i would go with Lavonte David, great tackler and was really starting to pick up in the coverage game.

Offense i say its a CO MVP to Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin
Jackson played really well and help Mike Williams have a good season
Doug Martin well, hes just a beast
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Martin

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeGarrettsBlunt wrote:
Doug Martin
this. McCoy second.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be Doug Martin.

Here's why. His running was basically the only reason we didn't go 3 and out on every drive. Everything ran through him. The big plays only started happening more frequently because the threat of Dougie running was real, and in the few games where Freeman didn't look like total crap were when Doug was running hard. He made the whole offense go, and also helped the defense greatly. His running extended drives in terms of time, and if not for that, the fact that our defense would give up a touchdown seemingly every drive really quickly, they would have been out there even more.

Doug Martin stabilized our offense, gave our quarterback a fighting chance, and helped keep our historically bad defense off the field. For those reasons, he is our most valuable player.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what TML says about Martin, but VJ needs an honorable mention as far as the offense goes.

He's been a reliable downfield target and he's definitely elevated the play of Williams and Freeman and opened things up for Martin, too.

On defense I think it's McCoy, who anchored against the run for a full 16 games this year. David and Barber I think would be a close 2nd and 3rd.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Doug Martin did without consistant qb play and different starting lineman losing 2 all pro guards and still ran for over 1400 yards?

He's our MVP.

Jackson deserves consideration but I think it has to go to Martin.
mfw096

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Martin without question.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as much as I am in agreence here with you about Martin, I gotta go with V-Jax.

He made Williams relevant again this year and was a consistent threat. His leadership is so undervalued as well. Love that guy, maybe the greatest signing of Buccaneers history

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
as much as I am in agreence here with you about Martin, I gotta go with V-Jax.

He made Williams relevant again this year and was a consistent threat. His leadership is so undervalued as well. Love that guy, maybe the greatest signing of Buccaneers history

I beg to differ.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lotta guys you could go to. GREAT to have a RB who helps in all phases of the game, and VJax gave us two good receivers and a true #1. Having McCoy all year really helped us a lot, saw a stat this season where our run defense is 109 YPG with him and 161 ypg without him (or something along those lines) in his career, that's impressive. & Barber is still the man, I think we'll realize how valuable he is when he leaves.

Gotta go VJax, MW needed to be a #2 and he is was our only quality receiver before Jackson got here.... plus gave a legit deep threat. He's been a leader since he's came to Tampa and opened up this offense.
blaine-stew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta go with Doug Martin, still managed over 1,400 yards and 11 TDs even with a smashed up OL. imagine if Nicks and Joseph were playing all season?

VJ 2nd
McCoy 3rd
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure Doug Martin.... But Lavonte David is a one man wrecking crew on defense
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote is Gerald McCoy.

You saw how good our rush defense was when he was in. Although he wasnt always a big factor on the stat sheet, he freed up things and helped other teamates make the play. You saw how good Bennett performed playing next to healthy McCoy. We saw how nuch of a beast David was playing off McCoy. Foster looked liked a new player behind a McCoy. Just wait till we get A.C. back and Bowers is at 100% .

McCoy is only going to get better. I tgink he has a breakout season and is a pro bowl starter next season. I hope we can get Lovie and Rod back in here. I want to see this team run an attacking tampa 2 style of defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: