Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shanahan Extension On The Way?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Shanahan Extension On The Way? Reply with quote

I'm all for it. Him and Allen haven't only gotten us to the playoffs,but we're drafting right and managing the salary cap beautifully. Give him the extension!!!
Quote:
Maske reports that the team is “seriously considering” giving Shanahan an extension during the offseason. Shanahan signed a five-year deal when he became the team’s coach in 2010, so there are still two years left on the initial deal and there’s discussion in the organization about whether to open up extension talks now or in a year. Per Maske’s sources, it looks more likely that they’ll do it this offseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/01/report-redskins-considering-extension-for-mike-shanahan/

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he going to coach till he's 70?

I'm all for it but I'd hate to lose Kyle in the next 5 years because we extended Mike. I guess we'll see...

I want Kyle to take over this team eventually. I hope we don't lose his young bright mind because we will hang onto his dad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like for them to give Kyle a raise as well to deter him from looking at head coaching positions.
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I'm all for it but I'd hate to lose Kyle in the next 5 years because we extended Mike. I guess we'll see...

I want Kyle to take over this team eventually. I hope we don't lose his young bright mind because we will hang onto his dad.

It is nice to finally not hear you spewing hateful vitriol at our OC anymore or calling for his job because you think you can do so much better.
I agree that I hope Kyle takes over the HC someday. He has been credited with developing both of our young QB's. Plus, I think anyone with knowledge of the NFL would rightfully credit Kyle as (designing from other elements) and implementing the perfect system for RG3 and Morris to flourish this year.

Also he has now run the #1 Passing Offense and the #1 Rushing Offense in the NFL. How many times has the Texans Passing Offense (and Andre Johnson) been #1 since Kyle left? 0

I don't believe there is any other OC that can work so well with Mike and the players we have. We need to make him the Richest OC in the league but it's gonna take a really fat deal to keep him.
mozwanted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does everyone think kyle is going to be a good head coach because of his father?

you know these things never work out. How often do we see a coach retire and a defensive or offensive cord is promoted as head coach then fails?

heck if the great joe gibbs era cordinators couldnt make it as coaches what makes you think kyle can?

Honnestly let mike coach long as he can then we can hire another coach.
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
why does everyone think kyle is going to be a good t head coach because of his father?

you know these things never work out. How often do we see a coach retire and a defensive or offensive cord is promoted as head coach then fails?

heck if the great joe gibbs era cordinators couldnt make it as coaches what makes you think kyle can?

Well for one he has been learning from the best in Mike Shanahan and Gary Kubiak, and there is that stuff above...

But Yeah that's why I would rather see Kyle stay here and learn from his Dad for a few more years at worst he could help build and run a beautiful (perhaps dynasty?) team HERE

... but Mike already brought the subject up + contract extension talks for Mike= Kyle most likely HC elsewhere
Evil or Very Mad NO!!

But you are right keeping Mike while he wants to coach would be more important...
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both will more than likely get extensions. Kyle could still leave next year though if he puts up another big year with RG3. He wants to see this through

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

It is nice to finally not hear you spewing hateful vitriol at our OC anymore or calling for his job because you think you can do so much better.
I agree that I hope Kyle takes over the HC someday. He has been credited with developing both of our young QB's. Plus, I think anyone with knowledge of the NFL would rightfully credit Kyle as (designing from other elements) and implementing the perfect system for RG3 and Morris to flourish this year.

Also he has now run the #1 Passing Offense and the #1 Rushing Offense in the NFL. How many times has the Texans Passing Offense (and Andre Johnson) been #1 since Kyle left? 0

I don't believe there is any other OC that can work so well with Mike and the players we have. We need to make him the Richest OC in the league but it's gonna take a really fat deal to keep him.
my problems with Kyle in the past were because he did the total opposite of what he's done his year. In 2010 and 2011 we threw it way more than we ran it and we lost a lot. this year we ran it way more than we threw it and we won a lot. i was upset because i felt we weren't that great as a passing offense in 2010 and 11 with new qbs, and some new wrs and we should rely more on running the ball because its easier for an OL to get in a rhythm running than it is for it to pass block. He also wanted this team to have Grossman as Beck as its qbs which was hard for me to accept as a fan.

This year I'm happy because he's done exactly what I thought he should have done in 2010 and 11. Run the ball more to then set up the pass and with play action and bootlegs off zone stretch play we would then have wide open wrs just like we've had this year. In 2010 and 11 he didn't do that enough though, he relied on McNabb in a new offense with only one wr worth starting in 2010 and in 2011 he aired it out with Grossman instead of relying mostly on the run like we did this year with a young qb. In 2010 and 11 it was frustrating to watch our passing game fail when it was clear our running attack was the better of the two ways to move the ball for us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
why does everyone think kyle is going to be a good t head coach because of his father?

Well for one he has been learning from TWO OF the best in Mike Shanahan and Gary Kubiak, and there is that stuff above...

But Yeah that's why I would rather see Kyle stay here and learn from his Dad for a few more years at worst he could help build and run a beautiful (perhaps dynasty?) team HERE

... but Mike already brought the subject up + contract extension talks for Mike= Kyle most likely HC elsewhere
Evil or Very Mad NO!!

But you are right keeping Mike while he wants to coach would be more important...
there fixed that for you! Wink
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
there fixed that for you! Wink

Thanks Wink
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the even Kyle does leave next year I wouldn't be surprised to see LaFleur or McVay take the OC job

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me personally I would wait to see who else comes aviable. I still have my doubts in Shanahan, we were not so good b4 this 7 game win streak (his past seasons as coach included) and I can't just forget that. Shanahan has turned the Franchise around by helping Dan understand how to actually build a good team instead of trying to buy one but he has made show questiable calls as coach. Make sure we can't get anything better b4 we do this is what I think is the best way to handle this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hope Kyle stays and eventually takes over this team that has father built. I dont think he's ready to take over to successfully take over a head coaching yet -- maybe in 4-5 years.
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. He's had one good second half of a season compared to 2.5 terrible seasons punctuated by some truly awful personnel moves.

He can get one next season when he proves it wasn't a fluke.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
in the even Kyle does leave next year I wouldn't be surprised to see LaFleur or McVay take the OC job
I'd give it to LaFleur for sure even though I'm not too fond of the French! Laughing I think he's been as instrumental in Matt Schaub and RG3 developments as Kyle has been, seeing as he was and is their position coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: