Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fallout of Black Monday and What it Means to the Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I think Dorsey is a pure 4-3 UT. I never cared for Tyson Jackson, had really low ceiling IMO.

What is our nickel defense exactly? Where do they line up?

Dorsey would fit in here due to the amount of nickel we run, where as in KC they were predominately in their base under Crennel.

Pack4life7 wrote:
We need some damn safeties.

This x 100. Burnett is above average, and I have hopes for McMillian in the future, but I would love to snag a safety to play opposite of Burnett.

I don't think Dorsey would be better than Worthy/Neal in that nickel role though. For another team looking for that guy, absolutely makes sense. I think he goes for more than the vet minimum, which is more than I'd want to give when we have multiple guys to fill the nickel rush role, not to mention the DP/priority UDFA that TT will undoubtedly bring in to add depth.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
@DavidHaugh: Bears ask permission to interview Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements, per league source.

Then there's this...

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh
No, NFL teams can't block assistants for interviewing for head-coaching jobs for all asking....OK, back to Orange Bowl. Thanks.
https://twitter.com/DavidHaugh

I believe the rule is that only lateral moves can be blocked. That's why you'll see some teams add the assistance head coach title to coaches they don't want to lose.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde

Misconception that you can't block interviews for promotions. Last year, Mike McCarthy blocked Ben McAdoo from interviewing for Dolphins OC.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clements: "The only thing Iíll say is [the #Bears] requested permission, permission was granted and thatís it. I wonít comment beyond that."
https://twitter.com/jasonjwilde

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Clements: "The only thing Iíll say is [the #Bears] requested permission, permission was granted and thatís it. I wonít comment beyond that."

This means we need to go to the Super Bowl. Bears can't talk formal deal until we are done playing. Will they want to wait until February to get their coach? Maybe, but it definitely hurts his chances. Its like in 2010. I'm sure our SB run saved us from having more people poached from our staff.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

This means we need to go to the Super Bowl. Bears can't talk formal deal until we are done playing. Will they want to wait until February to get their coach? Maybe, but it definitely hurts his chances. Its like in 2010. I'm sure our SB run saved us from having more people poached from our staff.

"NFL rules state that because the Packers are in the NFC Wild Card playoff round, the earliest Clements could interview with Chicago would be Sunday. That's when a one-week interviewing window opens for assistants on teams that win their Wild Card games. Should the Packers lose to the Minnesota Vikings Saturday night, Clements would be free to interview immediately."

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=17681

spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
@DavidHaugh: Bears ask permission to interview Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements, per league source.

Then there's this...

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh
No, NFL teams can't block assistants for interviewing for head-coaching jobs for all asking....OK, back to Orange Bowl. Thanks.
https://twitter.com/DavidHaugh

I believe the rule is that only lateral moves can be blocked. That's why you'll see some teams add the assistance head coach title to coaches they don't want to lose.

Misconception that you can't block interviews for promotions. Last year, Mike McCarthy blocked Ben McAdoo from interviewing for Dolphins OC.

That's a lateral move. You can block that. Assistants to HC can't be blocked.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

"NFL rules state that because the Packers are in the NFC Wild Card playoff round, the earliest Clements could interview with Chicago would be Sunday. That's when a one-week interviewing window opens for assistants on teams that win their Wild Card games. Should the Packers lose to the Minnesota Vikings Saturday night, Clements would be free to interview immediately."

And? I never said he couldn't interview. You can't talk contract or sign him until our season is over

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL changed the rules just a couple seasons ago (2010 maybe?) That changed the interview rules. Too many teams were abusing the system creating positions with unique titles that made it practically impossible to have the "clear promotion" that the NFL used to use as the simple requirement. They employed a much broader tarp eliminating I believe everything but Head Coach positions from the refusal list.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

And? I never said he couldn't interview. You can't talk contract or sign him until our season is over

Woops my bad

TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for players on teams that may be left out of positiion, I just don't see many options. The teams making changes are making those changes for a reason, and that often is less then stellar personnel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: