Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fallout of Black Monday and What it Means to the Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course they are. Our inferior division rivals always take our scraps. Cool

R-E-L-A-X
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
@DavidHaugh: Bears ask permission to interview Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements, per league source.

Then there's this...

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh
No, NFL teams can't block assistants for interviewing for head-coaching jobs for all asking....OK, back to Orange Bowl. Thanks.
https://twitter.com/DavidHaugh

Yup. Only OC/DC requests can be blocked. I think Asst HC to HC might be able to be blocked, but not 100% on that.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
@DavidHaugh: Bears ask permission to interview Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements, per league source.

Then there's this...

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh
No, NFL teams can't block assistants for interviewing for head-coaching jobs for all asking....OK, back to Orange Bowl. Thanks.

Yup. Only OC/DC requests can be blocked. I think Asst HC to HC might be able to be blocked, but not 100% on that.

I think so too. Not sure if McCarthy would block him. Didn't block the other guys who interviewed last year.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Then there's this...

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh

I think so too. Not sure if McCarthy would block him. Didn't block the other guys who interviewed last year.

Blocked McAdoo from Bucs OC job.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Chargers have hired Ron Wolf as an adviser for their GM search.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Then there's this...

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh

Blocked McAdoo from Bucs OC job.

I meant HC though Laughing
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can block them until the bye week after the NFCCG though. They don't have to let anyone interview for anything while they are playing.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Then there's this...

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh

I believe the rule is that only lateral moves can be blocked. That's why you'll see some teams add the assistance head coach title to coaches they don't want to lose.
mikemike778

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re Gabbert ...

Do failed 1st round picks at QB ever turn out to be worth anything significant ? I'm not sure you can pick him up cheap and trade for much in the future.

Teams looking for the starting QB normally want to find their own, not take a failed 1st rounder and give them a second shot or if they do they expect to not give up a very high pick.
umphrey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikemike778 wrote:
Re Gabbert ...

Do failed 1st round picks at QB ever turn out to be worth anything significant ? I'm not sure you can pick him up cheap and trade for much in the future.

Teams looking for the starting QB normally want to find their own, not take a failed 1st rounder and give them a second shot or if they do they expect to not give up a very high pick.

Pretty much every one I can think of either got cut or had their contract expire, then got picked up as a backup for pretty close to minimum salary. That's probably where Gabbert is headed. Also none of them ever turned in to anything half way decent.
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umphrey wrote:
mikemike778 wrote:
Re Gabbert ...

Pretty much every one I can think of either got cut or had their contract expire, then got picked up as a backup for pretty close to minimum salary. That's probably where Gabbert is headed. Also none of them ever turned in to anything half way decent.

But if Clements and MM can work their magic Gabbert could become a decent backup to Rodgers. I'd sure as heck would want him in the wings rather than Graham Harrell. Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO Blaine Gabbert. NO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I think Dorsey is a pure 4-3 UT. I never cared for Tyson Jackson, had really low ceiling IMO.

What is our nickel defense exactly? Where do they line up?

Dorsey would fit in here due to the amount of nickel we run, where as in KC they were predominately in their base under Crennel.

Pack4life7 wrote:
We need some damn safeties.

This x 100. Burnett is above average, and I have hopes for McMillian in the future, but I would love to snag a safety to play opposite of Burnett.

Sig brought to you by Justo
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Then there's this...

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh

I believe the rule is that only lateral moves can be blocked. That's why you'll see some teams add the assistance head coach title to coaches they don't want to lose.

I think we got blocked twice trying to interview Clements while he was a QB coach for OC.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Bears: Paea, Melton, McClellin, Jennings, Hayden, GOULD
Chargers: Lieuget, Garay, Reyes, Ingram, Weddle
Chiefs: Charles, McCluster, Moeaki, Asamoah, Flowers (actually wouldnt mind the diva RB Hillis)
Jaguars: Gabbert, Lewis, Knighton
Bills: Dareus, Gilmore
Eagles: Maclin, Lewis, Mathis, Watkins (GIVE BACK JENKINS!!!) Landri maybe
Browns: Mack, Luvao, Schwartz, Thomas, Cribbs, maybe Little

If we could get them at little to no cost
Was this satire? The only player we would have even a shot at would be Antonio Garay which is even a stretch at best. With our cap situation there's almost no chance we do anything other than bring in a couple of bottom of the roster/TC bodies, bringing all these big names into the discussion is quite a waste of time.

Last edited by CalhounLambeau on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: