Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fallout of Black Monday and What it Means to the Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 10091
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
He's said he's contemplating retirement. I don't know if he's just throwing a temper tantrum cuz Lovie got canned or if he's serious, butI don't think he'd do vet minimum.


A) There is no doubt in my mind he is throwing a temper tantrum because Lovie is fired.
B) I don't think he's gonna have much of a choice but to play at a vet minimum and hope for a bigger contract.
C) That is a player I want, someone who is playing for a contract and has proved before he could do it.


If it happened, I'd be okay. Just not sure that it'd be a TT priority to care.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19643
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
He's said he's contemplating retirement. I don't know if he's just throwing a temper tantrum cuz Lovie got canned or if he's serious, butI don't think he'd do vet minimum.


A) There is no doubt in my mind he is throwing a temper tantrum because Lovie is fired.
B) I don't think he's gonna have much of a choice but to play at a vet minimum and hope for a bigger contract.
C) That is a player I want, someone who is playing for a contract and has proved before he could do it.


If it happened, I'd be okay. Just not sure that it'd be a TT priority to care.


Couldn't we have said the same thing about Merling, Muir or Benson at this point last year?

Like the BNL TT's all about value, I see value in Devin Hester...
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 10091
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
He's said he's contemplating retirement. I don't know if he's just throwing a temper tantrum cuz Lovie got canned or if he's serious, butI don't think he'd do vet minimum.


A) There is no doubt in my mind he is throwing a temper tantrum because Lovie is fired.
B) I don't think he's gonna have much of a choice but to play at a vet minimum and hope for a bigger contract.
C) That is a player I want, someone who is playing for a contract and has proved before he could do it.


If it happened, I'd be okay. Just not sure that it'd be a TT priority to care.


Couldn't we have said the same thing about Merling, Muir or Benson at this point last year?

Like the BNL TT's all about value, I see value in Devin Hester...


They filled roles we didn't have on the roster. We have 2 capable RS.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19643
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
He's said he's contemplating retirement. I don't know if he's just throwing a temper tantrum cuz Lovie got canned or if he's serious, butI don't think he'd do vet minimum.


A) There is no doubt in my mind he is throwing a temper tantrum because Lovie is fired.
B) I don't think he's gonna have much of a choice but to play at a vet minimum and hope for a bigger contract.
C) That is a player I want, someone who is playing for a contract and has proved before he could do it.


If it happened, I'd be okay. Just not sure that it'd be a TT priority to care.


Couldn't we have said the same thing about Merling, Muir or Benson at this point last year?

Like the BNL TT's all about value, I see value in Devin Hester...


They filled roles we didn't have on the roster. We have 2 capable RS.


First of all, we are trying to make one RS a WR exclusively. Secondly, we had PLENTY of "capable" RBs. The FO thought Benson was a step up from what we had. The same argument could be made about Hester.

But I didn't mean to turn this thread into a "let's bring in Devin Hester" thread. What other players do you guys see?
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RG25


Joined: 10 Dec 2012
Posts: 242
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers fire Dom Capers and bring in Lovie Smith as D coordinator. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19643
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG25 wrote:
Packers fire Dom Capers and bring in Lovie Smith as D coordinator. Laughing


I just threw up in my mouth Laughing
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7210
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
RG25 wrote:
Packers fire Dom Capers and bring in Lovie Smith as D coordinator. Laughing


I just threw up in my mouth Laughing


Winston Moss gets hired away and we bring in Lovie to be ILB coach?
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19643
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
RG25 wrote:
Packers fire Dom Capers and bring in Lovie Smith as D coordinator. Laughing


I just threw up in my mouth Laughing


Winston Moss gets hired away and we bring in Lovie to be ILB coach?


I honestly think Lovie is going to get another HC job somewhere.
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
British


Joined: 11 Sep 2010
Posts: 596
Location: England
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
RG25 wrote:
Packers fire Dom Capers and bring in Lovie Smith as D coordinator. Laughing


I just threw up in my mouth Laughing


Winston Moss gets hired away and we bring in Lovie to be ILB coach?


I honestly think Lovie is going to get another HC job somewhere.


Absolutely. He's probably the best free agent head coach on the market right now. No way he takes a DC job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7210
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

British wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
RG25 wrote:
Packers fire Dom Capers and bring in Lovie Smith as D coordinator. Laughing


I just threw up in my mouth Laughing


Winston Moss gets hired away and we bring in Lovie to be ILB coach?


I honestly think Lovie is going to get another HC job somewhere.


Absolutely. He's probably the best free agent head coach on the market right now. No way he takes a DC job.


Yeah I know. I'd put him 2nd behind Reid but he'll find work as a HC. No doubt.
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramonesfan


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 1696
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only position I think is pressing is a good, experienced safety. Who's out there? I know guys like Landry and Golson are out of our price range, any good, cheap guys?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 4207
Location: Sconnie boy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
The only position I think is pressing is a good, experienced safety. Who's out there? I know guys like Landry and Golson are out of our price range, any good, cheap guys?


If he's good, he's not coming cheap.
_________________

R-E-L-A-X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
luke4047


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 96
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earl Bennett WR Chicago Bears

I felt he never realized his potential with the Bears and would thrive in the Packers' system and could be a Greg Jennings type WR.

Gabe Carimi OL Chicago Bears

I would love to see the Packers develop Carimi into a player just to troll the Bears. Smile

Anthony Toribio NT Kansas City Chiefs
Antonio Dixon NT Philadelphia Eagles

Veteran NT/DE rotational types.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7210
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DavidHaugh: Bears ask permission to interview Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements, per league source.

Then there's this...
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19127
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
@DavidHaugh: Bears ask permission to interview Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements, per league source.

Then there's this...


David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh
No, NFL teams can't block assistants for interviewing for head-coaching jobs for all asking....OK, back to Orange Bowl. Thanks.
https://twitter.com/DavidHaugh
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group