Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fallout of Black Monday and What it Means to the Packers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: The Fallout of Black Monday and What it Means to the Packers Reply with quote

Purely hypothetical, but isn't that what makes the forum so much fun?

Seven coaches lost their jobs yesterday, meaning their former teams are likely to "blow up" the roster and start over.

Last season we saw TT sign Cedric Benson, Phillip Merling and Daniel Muir. Which proved to me he's willing to take on low-risk FAs.

So, what players on the Bears, Charges, Chiefs, Jaguars, Bills, Eagles or Browns might now be "in play" are worth TT taking a look at?

Again, low risk, high reward players.

Purely speculative, but fun.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we take Joe Thomas from the Browns, Maclin from the Eagles, and Knighton from the Jags and the rest can keep the change.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
I say we take Joe Thomas from the Browns, Maclin from the Eagles, and Knighton from the Jags and the rest can keep the change.

Laughing

And then watch Perry, McMillian, and Worthy hit their potential. Add Alex Green in that list too.

/wetdream.

Sig brought to you by Justo
Hawkfan191

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready to take crap for saying this: One player I would like to see TT get a hold of and let MM try to work with him would be Blaine Gabbert
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkfan191 wrote:
I'm ready to take crap for saying this: One player I would like to see TT get a hold of and let MM try to work with him would be Blaine Gabbert
I wouldn't mind that at all. Gabbert has almost unlimited potential, if we can get him for little to nothing and flip him for even a mid round pick we come out ahead. IMO it was no secret on draft day that Blaine needed the right home and Jacksonville was the farthest thing from the right place.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkfan191 wrote:

There's no question Gabbert was a talented prospect coming out of college, and with MM's track record and how cheap Gabbert likely will be, who could blame you?

We'd all love Joe Thomas, Jeremy Maclin and Julius Peppers, but I'm more wondering if there are some undervalued players that could solidify our roster moving forward? For example, the talk down here on Chicago talk radio is that defense is probably going to probably be blown up, are there some role players on that defense that could be good in a 3-4? Are there any role players in the Eagles WCO that could do the same thing for us? Just throwing out ideas.

Again, it will have to be cheap...

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
Hawkfan191 wrote:

There's no question Gabbert was a talented prospect coming out of college, and with MM's track record and how cheap Gabbert likely will be, who could blame you?

We'd all love Joe Thomas, Jeremy Maclin and Julius Peppers, but I'm more wondering if there are some undervalued players that could solidify our roster moving forward? For example, the talk down here on Chicago talk radio is that defense is probably going to probably be blown up, are there some role players on that defense that could be good in a 3-4? Are there any role players in the Eagles WCO that could do the same thing for us? Just throwing out ideas.

Gabbert might be an intriguing prospect for MM and Clements (who has one heck of a resume if you go to the Packer web site and check it out) to do their magic with. I doubt the likes of Joe Thomas, etc., will become available any time soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
Hawkfan191 wrote:

There's Shea McClellin, but he ain't going anywhere. Henry Melton isn't going anywhere.

I love the Gabbert idea.

Jason Peters in FA shouldn't be real expensive, the shine has come off him. LeSean McCoy would be awesome, but too much $.

Ryan Matthews could be available, but he's so fragile.

Joe Thomas <3 Alex Mack won't go anywhere.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
Hawkfan191 wrote:

There's Shea McClellin, but he ain't going anywhere. Henry Melton isn't going anywhere.

I love the Gabbert idea.

Jason Peters in FA shouldn't be real expensive, the shine has come off him. LeSean McCoy would be awesome, but too much $.

~Is Henry Melton under contract? Cause honestly, the talk on Bears talk radio is that defense is likely going to be blown up. If he's under contract they'll probably trade him, and no way they'd trade him to a division rival. If he's FA...that might be the guy.

~Alex Mack is a maybe, teams typically try to clear payroll to make room for "their guys" when a new regime comes in.

For example, I believe LeRoy Butler was the only Packer pre Ron Wolf on the 1996 squad.

~Jason Peters play has digressed and with his weight/age one has to wonder if he has the athleticism to play in a ZBS at a high level?

The rest I either don't see getting let go or us being interested in.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesean McCoy? Joe Thomas? Say WHAT!
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
Hawkfan191 wrote:

I love the Gabbert idea.

~Is Henry Melton under contract? Cause honestly, the talk on Bears talk radio is that defense is likely going to be blown up. If he's under contract they'll probably trade him, and no way they'd trade him to a division rival. If he's FA...that might be the guy.

~Alex Mack is a maybe, teams typically try to clear payroll to make room for "their guys" when a new regime comes in.

For example, I believe LeRoy Butler was the only Packer pre Ron Wolf on the 1996 squad.

~Jason Peters play has digressed and with his weight/age one has to wonder if he has the athleticism to play in a ZBS at a high level?

Restricted FA I believe. He's not going anywhere and earlier this year called himself the best DT in football and probably will like to get paid like it.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
Hawkfan191 wrote:

I love the Gabbert idea.

Restricted FA I believe. He's not going anywhere and earlier this year called himself the best DT in football and probably will like to get paid like it.

In a 4-3, the guy is amazing. He could do a Cullen Jenkins role in a 3-4 too IMO.

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
Hawkfan191 wrote:

I love the Gabbert idea.

Melton is one of the best interior rushers in the league, Bears aren't letting him go.

Alex Mack is again one if the best centers in the league and young. Again, won't be moved by any stretch.

Jason Peters has been the best tackle in the league for the last 3 years. Again, won't become available. Coming off an injury and considering his contract, it would be high risk, high reward, but given the state of the Eagles OL, he also won't be moved.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears: Paea, Melton, McClellin, Jennings, Hayden, GOULD
Chargers: Lieuget, Garay, Reyes, Ingram, Weddle
Chiefs: Charles, McCluster, Moeaki, Asamoah, Flowers (actually wouldnt mind the diva RB Hillis)
Jaguars: Gabbert, Lewis, Knighton
Bills: Dareus, Gilmore
Eagles: Maclin, Lewis, Mathis, Watkins (GIVE BACK JENKINS!!!) Landri maybe
Browns: Mack, Luvao, Schwartz, Thomas, Cribbs, maybe Little

If we could get them at little to no cost

Last edited by HyponGrey on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Bears: Paea, Melton, McClellin, Jennings, Hayden
Chargers: Lieuget, Garay, Reyes, Ingram, Weddle
Chiefs: Charles, McCluster, Moeaki, Asamoah, Flowers (actually wouldnt mind the diva RB Hillis)
Jaguars: Gabbert, Lewis, Knighton
Bills: Dareus, Gilmore
Eagles: Maclin, Lewis, Watkins (GIVE BACK JENKINS!!!) Landri maybe
Browns: Mack, Luvao, Schwartz, Thomas, Cribbs, maybe Little

I would do unspeakable things to get Weddle. Won't happen though.

Cullen for cheaper is possible I guess.

I don't think Hillis is a fit. More of a power run back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: