You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Berea Diarrhea (Coach Search): IT'S OVER! CHUD WINS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 57, 58, 59  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
homerun21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure the zone read can work in the NFL in most cases. You need a big, durable QB who can run like a HB. There aren't too many Cam Newtons around. Unfortunately, I think the writing is on the wall for Weeden. I don't think the front office thinks very highly of him, and he will be up against it in order to keep his job next year.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

homerun21 wrote:
I'm not sure the zone read can work in the NFL in most cases. You need a big, durable QB who can run like a HB. There aren't too many Cam Newtons around. Unfortunately, I think the writing is on the wall for Weeden. I don't think the front office thinks very highly of him, and he will be up against it in order to keep his job next year.
russell Wilson and rg3 run it all the time. It is proven to work.

Future of our economy
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly after watching the fail after fail after fail that is Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo and the averageness in big games that is Matt Schaub, Michael Vick, Joe Flacco and Matthew Stafford I don't care if we replace the QB every couple years until we land a Top 5 QB in this league.

You can win with Top 10-15 and average talent at other positions, but you simply cannot win a Championship without a Top 5 QB in this leauge. Gone are the days of dominant defenses that helped Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer win rings.

Jamison on the sig
UKClevelander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Honestly after watching the fail after fail after fail that is Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo and the averageness in big games that is Matt Schaub, Michael Vick, Joe Flacco and Matthew Stafford I don't care if we replace the QB every couple years until we land a Top 5 QB in this league.

You can win with Top 10-15 and average talent at other positions, but you simply cannot win a Championship without a Top 5 QB in this leauge. Gone are the days of dominant defenses that helped Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer win rings.

Eli Manning and Ben R are not streets ahead of those you have mentioned. To win the Superbowl needs bigger factors (in my opinion) than a top 5 QB. You need luck (see New Orleans on side kick), big plays executed (or non executed when you think of Wes Welkers drop in last years Superbowl) and getting hot at the right time (see Giants two wins and why Atlanta usually fall).

I agree QB is our biggest concern moving into the off season but I would prefer to be in our current position personnel wise then every other non-playoff team (Giants maybe being only exception). I just hope the decision to remove Heckert is not as foolish as I fear and we can either see improvement from Weedon or get in an improvement.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKClevelander wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Eli Manning and Ben R are not streets ahead of those you have mentioned. To win the Superbowl needs more than a top 5 QB. You need luck (see New Orleans on side kick), big plays executed (or non executed when you think of Wes Welkers drop in last years Superbowl) and getting hot at the right time (see Giants two wins and why Atlanta usually fall).

I agree QB is our biggest concern moving into the off season but I would prefer to be in our current position personnel wise then every other non-playoff team (Giants maybe being only exception). I just hope the decision to remove Heckert is not as foolish as I fear and we can either see improvement from Weedon or get in an improvement.

I didn't say you ONLY need an elite QB. I said you need one. Ben Roethlisberger has clearly regresses as a player with his body getting more beat up.

Jamison on the sig
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

I completely agree. Landing a premier QB is the #1 priority every year until you have one. That doesn't mean we have to take one in the first round every year. I do like the idea of taking a swing at a QB when you can. Russel Wilson was drafted in the 3rd and he has really played well. This year I could see guys like Ryan Nassib, Tyler Bray, Landry Jones, E.J. Manuel, or Zach Dysert as all being mid round possibilities who could end up as the best QB of the class.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
A brief recap of current rumors:

- Adam Caplan says that Chip Kelly is the Browns' #1 target. His source is two "high-ranking personnel executives." Kelly's agent, David Dunn, has a good working relationship with Banner, as they've done several contract negotiations in the past.

- Chris Mortensen is saying that the Browns will interview Bill O'Brien.

- No one seems to have anything concrete on Nick Saban. Seems to be just pure speculation at this point.

- Aaron Kromer from the Saints is another name gaining steam in the rumor mill. Similar to Saban in that nothing is concrete.

ILLUMIBANNER AND THE FREE HASLAMS

Yeay!
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like we've got chip kelly
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Just saw that I'm excited.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

i'm scared. that means weeden is gone. which may be good, but still starting over. maybe vick
BgDawg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Stuff like this can't be posted without more info... don't leave me hanging Very Happy.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Link?

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Link?

Go to twitter and search Chip Kelly Browns

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again

Incarcerated Bob is the one reporting it

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
BgDawg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Again

Incarcerated Bob is the one reporting it

Hopes go up, hopes go down Crying or Very sad.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 2 of 59

Jump to: