Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Did FA just get harder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CornerBrothers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Did FA just get harder Reply with quote

We already have one published report of Banner scaring off a head coach (whether you wanted him or not), and now we hire this a-hole Lombardi. Given some of the comments from Manningham last year about wanting to come to Cleveland. I fear with this new dynamic-duo, we are screwed when it comes to trying to get FA to come to Cleveland. I know money talks, but ...
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did Manningham say about Cleveland?

And I don't know if the FO guys matter when it comes to FA's. Money is still the primary factor last time I checked.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what he said.

Manningham did not mince words.

"A lot of players wouldn't (want to play in Cleveland). Like, I'm not trying to put the organization down," he said just before putting the organization down. "But a lot of players, that wouldn't be in their top choices. Because everybody says how cold it is in Cleveland. And team-wise so it's a miserable combination."

Remember this is a guy that grew up here.
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a few years ago when the DE who signed with Baltimore (can't remember his name) said something similar to that. I can't blame the FA's though, we've been a miserable organization for so long it's going to take a while to gain credibility around the league. Until then we just have to hit on our draft picks and not let our talent escape.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CornerBrothers wrote:
Here's what he said.

Manningham did not mince words.

"A lot of players wouldn't (want to play in Cleveland). Like, I'm not trying to put the organization down," he said just before putting the organization down. "But a lot of players, that wouldn't be in their top choices. Because everybody says how cold it is in Cleveland. And team-wise so it's a miserable combination."

Remember this is a guy that grew up here.

he also made those comments when the Browns had a lazy owner, had a HC who ran an awful offense, who thought he could be a HC and OC and hired a OC that brought nothing to the team.

you look at this years Browns team. They have Rookie HC yes but he is a lot more proven than Shurmur was, now the Browns have an OC who is very well respected around the league and is very well proven in the league, and has an offensive resume that players would like. They have an owner who shows he wants to win.

Also last year the Browns had McCoy as the Starter and what WR would want to come to Cleveland with him as the probable starter. This year the Browns look like Weeden can be the probable starter in an offense that will love stretch the field. Some WRs would love that because that will allow them to show off their talented

IMO the Franchise looks a lot better this year than it has in past years

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
I remember a few years ago when the DE who signed with Baltimore (can't remember his name) said something similar to that.

Trevor Pryce.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the coaching staff we just put together FA got far easier.

People are going to want to play for Horton and Turner.

I'm very excited.

Also after hearing that interview about Lombardi i'm willing to at least give him a chance.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
I remember a few years ago when the DE who signed with Baltimore (can't remember his name) said something similar to that.

Trevor Pryce.

ah yes thank you ditch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:

Trevor Pryce.

ah yes thank you ditch

No problem. I remember that dis very vividly. Pretty much said our facitlities were the worst in the league, or something like that.
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
With the coaching staff we just put together FA got far easier.

People are going to want to play for Horton and Turner.

I'm very excited.

Also after hearing that interview about Lombardi i'm willing to at least give him a chance.

It will be interesting to see what FAs, if any, Banner, Chud, Turner and Horton lure to CLE from their former teams vs. what H&H&S&J were able to land from theirs.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Did FA just get harder Reply with quote

CornerBrothers wrote:
We already have one published report of Banner scaring off a head coach (whether you wanted him or not), and now we hire this a-hole Lombardi. Given some of the comments from Manningham last year about wanting to come to Cleveland. I fear with this new dynamic-duo, we are screwed when it comes to trying to get FA to come to Cleveland. I know money talks, but ...

Well I know we have money to spend, but honestly, I'm glad that guys like Manningham voice their opinion. Makes it easy to stay away from punks like that. Does anyone find it funny that he signed a big deal, then rode the pine all year with an injury?? I'd rather sign guys that want to be here than some hot ticket name that are in it for the money.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

[Edit: This excludes guys like Jason Trusnik and David Bowens... we do need some talent]

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012

Last edited by NickZambo on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
TRAIL'S END#307

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be the best way to put it! I think for the most part FA is so overrated! Some people has been at a job for 20 years but hasn't work a day! Some body already said Horton & Turner will help a lot! IMO Go Browns!
derekfelty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would want to play for the browns.... I don't care how cold or how bad they are. I wanna be that guy to turn things around for us. Be thankful to have a chance in the NFL. Be thankful what you wish for. Either way you're still getting a million dollars to play. I like the brown, I dident 4 years ago... but it's all thanks to my step dad. his from Ohio tbh and grow up around there and watch the browns play for years so i just became a fan with him. but i love the titans and browns. I live in tn for most of my life so that's why im a titans fan and that's why im a browns fan. I have a reason why. which makes me better.
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
This has to be the best way to put it! I think for the most part FA is so overrated! Some people has been at a job for 20 years but hasn't work a day! Some body already said Horton & Turner will help a lot! IMO Go Browns!

I like that opinion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: