Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why switching to a 34 now is the logical move

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownie man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Why switching to a 34 now is the logical move Reply with quote

As Browns we spend too much time looking at one clip instead of the entire movie. We look at our team right now and see a whole bunch of 43 players. So we think hey! I want to win and these guys don't fit a 34 so lets play a 43 and win today!! We want to win so bad we don't even bother looking at the big picture.

What Haslam and Banner are trying to do is to build a team that will be competitive year in and year out. That means keeping a head coach for more than 3 years. So to make that happen you have to construct your team so that your head coach feels comfortable with player personnel, his scheme, and his coaches. If we stick to a 43 thats another year where our coach is coaching a team with a defensive scheme he isn't the most comfortable with. If our head coach thinks he can win more games in a 34 than a 43 well then I want him to play that scheme.

When your preparing to become a perennial play-off team you have to stick to that vision. Not the vision of today, but the vision of tomorrow, and the next day, and the year after. To be successful in those days we may have to take one step back to take two steps forward tomorrow.

Bringing in a 34 will allow Chud to make coaching hires hes comfortable with. In practice time it allows him to coach a defense hes comfortable coaching. Remember he isnt just an OC anymore he is a Head Coach and has say over the entire team. It may take a year or two to get his personnel, but Haslam and Banner are builiding a foundation like we've never had before.

Which is why they're not afraid to spend big money now and bring in Norv Turner, and Ray Horton because to build the foundation of a team that Chud is comfortable coaching these guys are skilled and will bring in experience coaching a team that Chud can be successful with even after they leave.

Think about it like this with Ray Horton ok we might have him for 2 years before he takes a HC spot, but in those 2 years hes built that 34 foundation where are players know what to play and how to play is successfully so when we bring in the next DC he can step in and coach players that know how to play in that system.

Not to say we're not going to win this year, but I have the utmost trust in Haslam that he wants to win, and hes sticking to his script that he wants to build a Superbowl caliber team. You dont get to a Superbowl by coaching players in a scheme your not comfortable coaching just don't. And if they think Chud is the guy after all those interviews and hes worth making a defensive scheme switch I'm all for it. I've got faith in this group even Lombardi. They haven't made anything but good moves in my eyes. So I hope we stop looking at this team thats on the roster today and begin to think about that attacking 34 defense the Browns will have 2-3 years from now.
bigjohnson2009

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: