Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agents: Bulldog's in-depth analysis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should do a TE and WR listing as well.

buno67 wrote:
I wonder why his cough was so bad that he needed the codeine? I betcha it was from hitting the bong to many nights in a row.
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
You should do a TE and WR listing as well.

I will, its just really time consuming. I wanted to post what I had for the time being.
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Those numbers sure don't reflect a play who is horrible in coverage like a lot of this board was making him out to be when I suggested him as an option. I would also like to know how many of those 4 penalties were helmet to helmet flags?

Without Front 4 and another corner I think LaRon Landry could be elite here in Cleveland for a few years.

Just some snipits for ya.

In terms of receptions allowed per snaps in coverage, Landry ranks 45th among all safeties with 1 Rec allowed every 16.2 snaps.

Just for some fun, T.J. Ward is FIRST in this category with one rec allowed every 45 snaps!. (Jairus Byrd ranks 6th)

When it comes to tackling efficiency, a ratio of missed tackles to tackles made, Landry ranks 20th among safeties with a tackle missed every 9.1 tackles made

T.J. Ward is second with a ratio of 17.5
- Byrd is first with a 19.8 ratio.

And that avg rec of 14.9 YPC ranks 66th among all safeties for Landry. (Ward is 20th, Byrd is 10th)

Did I mention that T.J. Ward was having a fantastic year? Wink
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has one of the better completion % against numbers of those you posted, yet he is still giving up a reception every 16.2 snaps? Something doesn't add up or teams are throwing at LaRon Landry at a ridiculously high rate.

Jamison on the sig
BrownsDog23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Those numbers sure don't reflect a play who is horrible in coverage like a lot of this board was making him out to be when I suggested him as an option. I would also like to know how many of those 4 penalties were helmet to helmet flags?

Without Front 4 and another corner I think LaRon Landry could be elite here in Cleveland for a few years.

In terms of receptions allowed per snaps in coverage, Landry ranks 45th among all safeties with 1 Rec allowed every 16.2 snaps.

Just for some fun, T.J. Ward is FIRST in this category with one rec allowed every 45 snaps!. (Jairus Byrd ranks 6th)

When it comes to tackling efficiency, a ratio of missed tackles to tackles made, Landry ranks 20th among safeties with a tackle missed every 9.1 tackles made

And that avg rec of 14.9 YPC ranks 66th among all safeties for Landry. (Ward is 20th, Byrd is 10th)

Wow i really like Ward but i had no idea he played that great this season. Where did you find these stats?
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Been saying this all year

The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
He has one of the better completion % against numbers of those you posted, yet he is still giving up a reception every 16.2 snaps? Something doesn't add up or teams are throwing at LaRon Landry at a ridiculously high rate.

Landy is the 8th most targeted safety.

And I should say that those stats I listed are among safeties with 50% playing time, not every single one. Except the one I just listed, thats among all with at least 25% playing time.

And that comp % he allows, 58.8%, is 30th among safeties. Don't compare the Safeties to the CB's. Its a different ball park with them.

Kenny Phillips leads the league in with his comp % of 28.6%.
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Been saying this all year

He's also 4th in run stop %.

The only thing that T.J. doesn't have is INT's.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Landy is the 8th most targeted safety.

And I should say that those stats I listed are among safeties with 50% playing time, not every single one. Except the one I just listed, thats among all with at least 25% playing time.

And that comp % he allows, 58.8%, is 30th among safeties. Don't compare the Safeties to the CB's. Its a different ball park with them.

Kenny Phillips leads the league in with his comp % of 28.6%.

Where does DaShon Goldson rank in all this?

Where do you get these numbers? Are you a subscribed member somewhere?

Jamison on the sig
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Goldson- 13th with 32.1 snaps/rec
Phillips- 1st with a ratio of 85.5 (again, didn't play enough snaps)

Goldson- 43rd with a ratio of 6.6 (ouch)
Phillips- 1st with 0 missed tackles (I had to adjust to get his, 25% of players, Ward, Goldson, and Byrd's stats are among players with 50% playing time)

Goldson- 17th with 10.5 YPC
Phillips- 8th with 8.0 YPC

Is that good Kam?

Phillips' numbers would go down, but he missed alot of time. He did end the season with a great game, though.

As far as I'm concerned, there are three great safeties in this years FA. Byrd, Goldson, and Phillips.
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Where do you get these numbers? Are you a subscribed member somewhere?

PFF. Although Mistake hates that website with a passion, there is some good stuff there.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think that Nnamdi Asomugha's release is imminent? If we snagged him imagine our defense Shocked

buno67 wrote:
I wonder why his cough was so bad that he needed the codeine? I betcha it was from hitting the bong to many nights in a row.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Anyone else think that Nnamdi Asomugha's release is imminent? If we snagged him imagine our defense Shocked

Sheldon Brown played better than Nnamdi Ashomugha this year so I don't see the improvement.

Thanks bulldog. Goldson wasn't as impressive as I would have expected but still a lot better than what we have.

Jamison on the sig
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
RT @arobinson_Trib: Keenan Lewis plans to test free agency. He told #Steelers "they made a mistake" by not offering multi-year deal before 2012 season.

How much would you pay him?

The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

Sheldon Brown played better than Nnamdi Ashomugha this year so I don't see the improvement.

Thanks bulldog. Goldson wasn't as impressive as I would have expected but still a lot better than what we have.

He was totally out of place though. Different scheme different results.

buno67 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: