Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ESPN's bold prediction
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwall2312

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: ESPN's bold prediction Reply with quote

This morning on SportsCenter, analyst Damien Woody was asked to make a bold prediction for 2013. He said the Browns will make it to the playoffs in 2013. In your opinions, what has to happen in the offseason for us to make it there? What do you think the chances are?
Entropy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: ESPN's bold prediction Reply with quote

jwall2312 wrote:
This morning on SportsCenter, analyst Damien Woody was asked to make a bold prediction for 2013. He said the Browns will make it to the playoffs in 2013. In your opinions, what has to happen in the offseason for us to make it there? What do you think the chances are?

I think it's a stretch, but not impossible.

I think we have the players on offense and defense to make that prediction NOT a complete joke. BUT we would need maybe 3 or 4 slightly more than decent FAs and a good draft.

Also, Weeden would need to make a big turnaround, OR if we make a change, THAT guy would need to play lights out.

The team will still be pretty young next year too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: ESPN's bold prediction Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Also, Weeden would need to make a big turnaround

This is the only thing you needed to say.

Weeden does good. Browns do good.

Weeden does bad. Browns do bad.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ESPN's bold prediction Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Weeden would need to make a big turnaround, OR if we make a change, THAT guy would need to play lights out.

this...

even with the mass amount of young players, injuries, suspension, and coaching "issues" the Browns only needed to score one more TD per game and they would have been in the playoffs...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been predicting that. I look for our young players to make a huge jump in play.
Q. B. is the key of course. We also need upgrades at r.d.e.,corner and free safety for sure. Need to resign Dawson and Watson. T.E. and guard could also be improved. Injuries also come into play.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ESPN's bold prediction Reply with quote

jwall2312 wrote:

I like it....This group is going to grow together, and with the right rudder (coaching staff) guiding the team, as well as what might be looked at (as of now) a pretty good schedule, it might just happen.

In fact, I want to go on the record....

When I need a great prediction....I want a prediction that comes from a Woody.

and before you say so....

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...Now I'm ready for some HEAVY PETTINE!
Cle.Buckeye77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the love could be for our home schedule which looks much better than our away games depending on when everything is played
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course the one thing that we are not talking about is that not only do the Browns need to step up, but the Bengals or Ravens need to take a step back while the steelers stay in the toilet...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the definition of a bold prediction. but its not completely out of the question. especially with the rest of our division getting older and cincy is still inconsistent. we only need to fill a couple holes, and most of those are on defense. our offense is young and promising. we have a very good young o line. gordan and little have bright futures. so if we can just find solid starting cb, fs, DE, and OLB. with a veteran QB to mentor weeden then we can defiantly make that jump. but it will all fall on weeden.
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
of course the one thing that we are not talking about is that not only do the Browns need to step up, but the Bengals or Ravens need to take a step back while the steelers stay in the toilet...

I think that the Ravens do take a step back. They are a team that is very dependent on it's veteran players.

I think that ultimately, over the next 5-6 years, the AFC North is going to be decided by the two teams in orange.

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...Now I'm ready for some HEAVY PETTINE!
elfman55

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will make a predition for 2013, 2 team from AFC North will make the play-offs.***************Both from the state of Ohio.

elfman
homerun21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are a good QB away from being a playoff caliber team. Weeden still could be the guy, but he wasn't as consistent as we need him to be.
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quarterback play turns a mediocre team into a playoff team.

Denver was 8-8 last year and look how they turned out with Peyton this year. See Washington also with Robert Griffin this year. They were worse than us in 2011. The Colts were the worst team in the league last year and they are a playoff team this year. Tell me that would have happened with who they had at the position last year.

Quarterback is far and away the most important position on the team. It makes an entire offense better and shifts the odds in your favour in a close game. Unfortunately, I'm just not sure who is going to be at the position next year. I can say that at this point I don't think Brandon Weeden is the future at the position.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ESPN's bold prediction Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Weeden would need to make a big turnaround, OR if we make a change, THAT guy would need to play lights out.

this...

even with the mass amount of young players, injuries, suspension, and coaching "issues" the Browns only needed to score one more TD per game and they would have been in the playoffs...

So you're saying that Weeden played THAT close to a playoff QB level?

Geez, and you're saying if maybe we had less dropped passes, less passes batted at the LOS, better routes by WRs, better familiarity with the offense, and generally more experience, we might have scored another TD in 5 more games and be in the playoffs? I can agree with that.

But even then we wouldn't be a very good playoff team yet, would we?

And guys, a good QB doesn't "turn" a bad team into a good one, and it doesn't turn an inexperienced team into an experienced one.

QBs play the most important position on the team, but they don't play alone, they don't "carry" a team, it's a myth, it's sensationalism.

Drew Brees is a good QB, Roethliberger is a good QB, Rivers is a good QB, Eli Manning is a good QB...c'mon people.

A good team is made BETTER with a good QB.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1- Health
2- good (doesnt need to be great) QB play
3- a real coach

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: