Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Happy New Year Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Happy New Year Mock Reply with quote

Might as well put mine out there as well. This is thrown together fairly quickly, so go ahead and have at it. There will be some of the same names as others, and some different ones. I'm only including our UFA, no RFA or ERFA.

NEW HC

Lovie Smith

He'll hire his own staff, so I'll leave that out.

UFA RESIGNED

Andy Levitre

Jairus Byrd

These two are the most important to resign, and are a necessity to continue moving forward IMO.

Leodis McKelvin

At worst he provides good return ability. At best he can solidify the #2 CB spot. Either way I think he's worth keeping around.

Kyle Moore

At worst solid depth. Will be cheap to retain him.

FA SIGNINGS

Devery Henderson - WR

At best the #3 option in NO, will come in and happily accept the #2 role behind Stevie.

Isreal Idonije - DE

Follows Lovie to Buffalo and will rotate with Anderson.

Derek Cox - CB

Comes in and competes for the #2 spot right away.

Geno Hayes - OLB

Another of Lovie's defensive guys to follow him to Buffalo.

DRAFT
ROUND 1

Manti Te'o - MLB

Centerpiece of our defense for years to come

**TRADE**
We trade our 2nd and 4th this year, and 2nd next year to MIN (early 20's).
ROUND 1 - 2ND PICK

Tyler Wilson - QB

Lovie gets his QB of the future, who can also sit behind Fitz and learn for a while.

ROUND 3

Robert Woods - WR

He falls due to drop off in production last year, as well as USC's awful season. Comes in and starts in the Slot from day 1, with potential to become #2.

ROUND 4 - Traded
ROUND 5/6 - Depth
Round 7 - Traded

Have at it!
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change Wilson to Boyd and I will be happy. Tajh Boyd is the best QB in this draft. People just dont know it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Change Wilson to Boyd and I will be happy. Tajh Boyd is the best QB in this draft. People just dont know it yet.

He still hasn't declared, and i don't think he will. I like the whole situation, good job. Woods in the third is nice.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

He still hasn't declared, and i don't think he will. I like the whole situation, good job. Woods in the third is nice.
I think he does. He is currently being evaluated by NFL draft commitee. If he likes what he hears in will declare.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

Skip Bayless would call you a prisoner of the moment right now. I would agree with him.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent draft not sure if woods will be there in the 3rd. Not a fan of the FA I think a top wr or cb would be better then picking up 4 mediocre players.

I have watched tahj all year and ill tell you he is nothing special. Ej Manuel will have a better career then that guy. Prototypical physical features of a pro style qb, jumbo fishers offense which is a pro style, look at ponder for examples

Thanks Max
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Decent draft not sure if woods will be there in the 3rd. Not a fan of the FA I think a top wr or cb would be better then picking up 4 mediocre players.

I have watched tahj all year and ill tell you he is nothing special. Ej Manuel will have a better career then that guy. Prototypical physical features of a pro style qb, jumbo fishers offense which is a pro style, look at ponder for examples

I tried to keep it realistic. Before Mario, when was the last time we signed a top FA, at any position? And Cox will be be of the top FA CB out there. We won't sign Bowe or Jennings, and Henderson is a guy that could come in and be happy with the #2 role. He's similar to Meachem, who we went after last year.

Also, I only know 4 Vikings fans personally. Judging from the way they speak about Ponder, he probably isn't the guy to use as a reference to make another QB sound better. They all hate Ponder, and talk about how awful he is.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

I disagree. I am a big FSU fan and Manuel is just to wildy inconsistent for my liking. He had one good game in his career against Clemson but so did Boyd. I am not saying Boyd is going to be great either but he just seems to be more consistent with his play other than some issues with accuracy. I would much rather take Boyd at this point but he is behind some other gusy for me still that would be there in rd 2.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very solid off season.. Te'o, Wilson and Woods is a solid draft, I like Cox a lot and keeping Levitre / Byrd is golden.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

Derek Cox is a really good corner. He is just very underrated because he plays in the hole that is Jacksonville.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: