Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thaddeus Lewis a fit for Chip Kelly?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
Weeden or Lewis will be good enough until Manziel or Bridgewater come out.

I agree or Mariota

^^^Jamison^^^
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:

it was good enough this year right....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

I agree or Mariota

Indeed, I forgot about him lol

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

Well in my opinion Weeden was good enough for me as a rookie, but that's not the point, when you have someone serviceable you don't aimlessly switch it up for someone who isn't going to be any better than what you already have. As of right now I don't see any options I'd rather have than Weeden or Lewis at the helm next year. At the end of next year as more potential candidates reveal themselves, I might feel differently.

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

Well in my opinion Weeden was good enough for me as a rookie, but that's not the point, when you have someone serviceable you don't aimlessly switch it up for someone who isn't going to be any better than what you already have. As of right now I don't see any options I'd rather have than Weeden or Lewis at the helm next year. At the end of next year as more potential candidates reveal themselves, I might feel differently.

got ya. I can understand that.

The way I look at it is that I want Kelly to be able to use as much of his playbook as possible so that he and the team have the greatest potential for success. In my opinion Weeden/Lewis limit the playbook more than bolster it. I say cut ties now, get what you can, and move on quickly. Other options? A couple of suggestions on shorter term players are on the last page I believe...

but in either scenario drafting a longer term qb in the next year or two would most likely still need to happen. Miarotta, Miller, etc..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

got ya. I can understand that.

The way I look at it is that I want Kelly to be able to use as much of his playbook as possible so that he and the team have the greatest potential for success. In my opinion Weeden/Lewis limit the playbook more than bolster it. I say cut ties now, get what you can, and move on quickly. Other options? A couple of suggestions on shorter term players are on the last page I believe...

but in either scenario drafting a longer term qb in the next year or two would most likely still need to happen. Miarotta, Miller, etc..

I get your thinking as well. If Kelly is the hire I'll just have to assume he'd enough research on our guys to see what he could make out of them. If he thinks he's limited and decides to move on than I'll be all for it in thinking he will replace them with someone he can better utilize. That being said if he keeps our QBs in tact at least for this season I'll understand why as well.

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"IF its kelly" is the big part...

now IF its Saban then its a whole different story. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

If it's Saban I'll probably like what I see during the season, then be nervous as a pregnant nun every offseason. No matter how much he would insist he's not going anywhere.

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

If it's Saban I'll probably like what I see during the season, then be nervous as a pregnant nun every offseason. No matter how much he would insist he's not going anywhere.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
I'd like to see E.J. Manuel in Kelly's system.

Actually Klien or Tebow would be good for Kelly's system. So would Weeden since the NFL Version of Kelly's offense is being ran in NE.

In college? yes

In the Pro's? No.

If you can not be a threat to consistently pass in the NFL, you will not succeed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thad Lewis is gone off this roster. So is Colt. So it Cribbs. Dawson's $$ will be better spent elsewhere.

Hate to say it boys, but this roster is gonna get cut...

Wouldnt be surprised to see Fuji, Gocong, Brown, Rucker gone. Also wouldnt be shocked if we traded Jackson for an early 2nd round pick and drafted Teo in the first round...

I'm not advocating any of this, but a new coach typically means roster turnover. They wont cut the core guys, but the old Browns are outski. So the fact that we are talking about Thad Lewis fitting into Chip Kelly's offense is laughable IMO.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
NickZambo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
actually I would love to get Chip Kelly and draft Collin Klein in the later rounds.

It gives us a chance to see Chip Kelly work with Weeden. I honestly think Kelly would play to weedens strengths but after a few years when Weeden starts to get too old he gives it toe Klein. He would of been a back up for 2-3years. Everyone on the offense would have the basics of Chip Kellys offense and now with Klein he can really start opening it up with Klein and his legs in the offense.

It allows us to take pressure off a young QB but allows us to fully develop coaches QB

This is spot on. Sit Klein for 2-3 years and ride Weeden's prime. Trade Weeden after 2013 if Klein is ready, but if not, set it and forget it like GB did with Rodgers. Sucks tho cuz I like Weeden and I think he has potential, we are already talking about phasing him out.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: