Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Would You Franchise Tag : Kennan Lewis or Mike Wallace?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Wallace vs. Lewis : Who do you choose?
Mike Wallace
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Kennan Lewis
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
Neither - And take your chances on signing both without a tag
50%
 50%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 24

SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd sign Mike Wallace over Keenan Lewis every day including sunday. The offense looks like trash without Wallace, but Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen are more than capable. I'd draft a CB in the first two rounds and move on. Lewis is going but he's not special Cortez Allen did more than K. Lewis did the entire season.

Xavier Rhodes, Banks, Milliner, Logan Ryan, Bradley Roby even David Amerson.

Also there are a ton of FA CBs that could fill that nickel back role. I'm not breaking the bank for a kid who thinks he's all world after one season. He was great this year and all, but there is more talent out there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
I'd sign Mike Wallace over Keenan Lewis every day including sunday. The offense looks like trash without Wallace, but Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen are more than capable. I'd draft a CB in the first two rounds and move on. Lewis is going but he's not special Cortez Allen did more than K. Lewis did the entire season.

Also there are a ton of FA CBs that could fill that nickel back role. I'm not breaking the bank for a kid who thinks he's all world after one season. He was great this year and all, but there is more talent out there.

The bold is untrue, but I agree with pretty much everything else.

Even if we lose Lewis, I still wouldnt draft a CB that early, though. Pass rush is a MUCH bigger issue, even if we lose Lewis.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Even if we lose Lewis, I still wouldnt draft a CB that early, though. Pass rush is a MUCH bigger issue, even if we lose Lewis.

I'm talking from a pure turnovers, Cortez Allen just looks like a player that makes timely plays. Keenan Lewis is a very good on the ball defender, but not a very good player when it comes to making INTs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

I'm talking from a pure turnovers, Cortez Allen just looks like a player that makes timely plays. Keenan Lewis is a very good on the ball defender, but not a very good player when it comes to making INTs.

Fair enough.

I just mean in terms of who showed more this seaosn overall. Allen is defintely more of a ballhawk, but I feel more comfy with Lewis.

Still wouldnt give him top money, though.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
The offense looks like trash without Wallace

it looked like trash with wallace

SteelProven wrote:
Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen are more than capable. I'd draft a CB in the first two rounds and move on.

wouldn't have an issue with this. I'd rather jettison Ike and pay Keenan Lewis though

SteelProven wrote:

Love those guys, but Amerson isn't a CB in my eyes. I'd move him to FS immediately

SteelProven wrote:
Also there are a ton of FA

you must be new here...
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Fair enough.

I just mean in terms of who showed more this seaosn overall. Allen is defintely more of a ballhawk, but I feel more comfy with Lewis.

Still wouldnt give him top money, though.

I'm not breaking the bank for K. Lewis, but they should extend Cortez Allen.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
The offense looks like trash without Wallace

it looked like trash with wallace

SteelProven wrote:
Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen are more than capable. I'd draft a CB in the first two rounds and move on.

wouldn't have an issue with this. I'd rather jettison Ike and pay Keenan Lewis though

SteelProven wrote:

Love those guys, but Amerson isn't a CB in my eyes. I'd move him to FS immediately

SteelProven wrote:
Also there are a ton of FA

you must be new here...

The Steelers every few years sign a under the radar FA doesn't seem like much at the time.

James Farrior and Ryan Clark both come to mind. This would be a good year for them to find a 26-27 yr old CB FA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:

The Steelers every few years sign a under the radar FA doesn't seem like much at the time.

James Farrior and Ryan Clark both come to mind. This would be a good year for them to find a 26-27 yr old CB FA

Farrior was a 1st round draft pick. Clark was fantastic, the needle in a haystack

with our cap situation as it is, I'm almost afraid to see what we'll do. I think the 1st round draft pick that would make me ecstatic would be if we go for Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper at 1.17

not just because I like them both as players, but because that would FINALLY mean we are no longer looking at Willie Colon as the answer to anything
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kethy: What about Colon as our strength and conditioning coach?? Laughing Wink
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Farrior was a 1st round draft pick. Clark was fantastic, the needle in a haystack

with our cap situation as it is, I'm almost afraid to see what we'll do. I think the 1st round draft pick that would make me ecstatic would be if we go for Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper at 1.17

not just because I like them both as players, but because that would FINALLY mean we are no longer looking at Willie Colon as the answer to anything

I'd take Larry Warford in the second round and take a CB in the first.

1. Xavier Rhodes, J Banks, Logan Ryan
2. Larry Warford

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

He would tear his ACL whilst checking on another players ACL, and go on staff IR, all along still stealing a paycheck.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

He would tear his ACL whilst checking on another players ACL, and go on staff IR, all along still stealing a paycheck.

Laughing Laughing
I was gonna say water boy, but he'd still probably find a way to get injured. I give up on Steelers alternative ways they can give him employment on our team. I must say though, one thing he has on Gilbert, is he doesn't get other offensive dudes hurt along with him!
SteelFire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
'Keenan Lewis plans to test free agency. He told #Steelers "they made a mistake" by not offering multi-year deal before 2012 season"'

Thats the only thing that scares me about Lewis.

He isnt the first contract year wonder...the question is will he keep playing that way if we sign him long term.

And if thats true, and he's being a bitter little baby, Id let him walk. What...we're supposed to give you a multi year deal when you are simply playing like an average backup? Please. We dont need that type of negativity on this team.

+1

Well said 43.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's got no reason to be angry. He had what may have been a breakout year, or may have been a fluke. We don't know yet. Why would he of expected a multi year deal before this? He's meant nothing to our defense before this season.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd tag Wallace before Lewis. Let Lewis test the market.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: