Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

dujuan harris
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G Harmon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always said you either have it from day 1 at rb. Its just a natural poisition. Idk how everyone else feels different but Dujuan Harris has shown the most ability of any running backs we had in the past 3 years imo. Well maybe not Ryan Grant but he's much more versatile

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
ROBOKOP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I like about Harris is the energy he brings with him. I havent seen that in a Green Bay running back. When he touches the ball, he is just like a ball of fire and eventually this guy is going to break one.

Thanks to epackfan for the sig
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I love about Harris is the conviction in his cuts and he always falls forward for an extra yard or two.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
HaywardFan wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Danny Woodhead -hands?

Comparing him to Danny Woodhead. I think I can agree with this statement.
Kendall Hunter (5'7, 199) may be an even better comparison. Source:
http://www.49ers.com/team/roster/Kendall-Hunter/85c4834c-c106-4bdc-a29f-a76f860b5097

I think that is close in a lot of ways but Hunter has far more wiggle in him. Harris just runs it up in there. Good thing also, considering the system. Harris is a damn fine pure runner. Kid can see it also, the true keys to the car in this system. Just think ya need to find someone that can take some of the reps off him or it could take something out of him by years end. Work in a little power with him and a stud 3rd down back and you should be pretty happy with what you get out of the position IMO.

As for this year though, run the legs off that boy!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Harris just runs it up in there. Good thing also, considering the system. Harris is a damn fine pure runner. Kid can see it also, the true keys to the car in this system. Just think ya need to find someone that can take some of the reps off him or it could take something out of him by years end. Work in a little power with him and a stud 3rd down back and you should be pretty happy with what you get out of the position IMO.

Since there's Harris and Alex Green to hopefully be the 3rd down back, who do you think fits your description of having a bit of power and fit in? Someone like Bell or Lacy?
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Harris just runs it up in there. Good thing also, considering the system. Harris is a damn fine pure runner. Kid can see it also, the true keys to the car in this system. Just think ya need to find someone that can take some of the reps off him or it could take something out of him by years end. Work in a little power with him and a stud 3rd down back and you should be pretty happy with what you get out of the position IMO.

Since there's Harris and Alex Green to hopefully be the 3rd down back, who do you think fits your description of having a bit of power and fit in? Someone like Bell or Lacy?

Bell would be the best of the group if that's the way they want to go with that thing. His game would work very well in combo with Harris and Green IMO. Taking the reps off of Bell would only help him as well. The things you can't do with Harris a combo of Bell and Green would pull off very well though, yes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

Bell would be the best of the group if that's the way they want to go with that thing. His game would work very well in combo with Harris and Green IMO. Taking the reps off of Bell would only help him as well. The things you can't do with Harris a combo of Bell and Green would pull off very well though, yes.

Oh okay, thanks for the quick response. I remember liking what I saw from Bell, but I didn't get to watch him later on the season where he apparently struggled. Don't know what that was all about.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Oh okay, thanks for the quick response. I remember liking what I saw from Bell, but I didn't get to watch him later on the season where he apparently struggled. Don't know what that was all about.

Bell has his issues also, no doubt. That's just it, those guys could work well hand in hand. Lacy could be a bell cow in this system. But there are some things that need to be talked out with that kid before I could put him up on my board and I'm sure TT feels the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

Bell has his issues also, no doubt. That's just it, those guys could work well hand in hand. Lacy could be a bell cow in this system. But there are some things that need to be talked out with that kid before I could put him up on my board and I'm sure TT feels the same.

I see. I did also happen to forget Starks who I'd classify as a more powerful runner. Don't know what his future is. It will be interesting to see how the RB depth chart pans out next season. Shame that Benson got hurt. Would've been much needed right now.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I see. I did also happen to forget Starks who I'd classify as a more powerful runner. Don't know what his future is. It will be interesting to see how the RB depth chart pans out next season. Shame that Benson got hurt. Would've been much needed right now.

I have no real issue running the hell out of Harris right now. Just don't love the idea of going into a season with "that guy" as the starter/bell cow. Good thing is that there are many cheap ways of getting a sound back that will combo well with what Harris brings to the table. Getting Harris's game from a good sized RB is what cost you money/high picks. You can find a cheap power back with vision(Benson). You can find cheap speed(Harris). Finding them both cost you money or high picks. Very good chance the 3rd down gig is on this roster right now with one of Green or Kuhn. Mac's system is no easy task to pull there.

Love the way they used Harris Sat night though. That's his rep count and style fits.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
HaywardFan wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Danny Woodhead -hands?

Comparing him to Danny Woodhead. I think I can agree with this statement.
Kendall Hunter (5'7, 199) may be an even better comparison. Source:
http://www.49ers.com/team/roster/Kendall-Hunter/85c4834c-c106-4bdc-a29f-a76f860b5097

I think that is close in a lot of ways but Hunter has far more wiggle in him. Harris just runs it up in there. Good thing also, considering the system. Harris is a damn fine pure runner. Kid can see it also, the true keys to the car in this system. Just think ya need to find someone that can take some of the reps off him or it could take something out of him by years end. Work in a little power with him and a stud 3rd down back and you should be pretty happy with what you get out of the position IMO.
That's the comparison I'll use from now on then. Think Green could work as the 3rd down back in this situation? I know we've been using Grant and Kuhn to take some of the pressure off Fox lately.

Bell would be the ideal for the stable, but there are a few backs this year that also fit the bill. I like our chances of finding that guy.

Quote:

LOL
Blink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree with Palmy. Dujuan is a great wrinkle to have right now, and someone who can get yards that the other guys simply cant. He's the only one I see who can make guys miss in small areas, not just power through them. His vision I'd say is also better, he's hitting back cuts the others either don't see or don't have the lateral agility to hit.

I absolutely love him in the pass game though. Reliable catcher from 4 or 5 yards out so you have to respect him by keeping a LB in the box or Rodgers will just steal first downs from you.

Harris has a hell of a tough sled vs the 9ers, but he could end up being a big factor when it's all said and done.

EDIT:

That being said, we still need to upgrade the position in the off season. He's the best we have now, but there's still better out there. At least get a change up back to keep him fresh. Hopefully Benson will be healthy enough for a power back role.
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
Completely agree with Palmy. Dujuan is a great wrinkle to have right now, and someone who can get yards that the other guys simply cant. He's the only one I see who can make guys miss in small areas, not just power through them. His vision I'd say is also better, he's hitting back cuts the others either don't see or don't have the lateral agility to hit.

I absolutely love him in the pass game though. Reliable catcher from 4 or 5 yards out so you have to respect him by keeping a LB in the box or Rodgers will just steal first downs from you.

Harris has a hell of a tough sled vs the 9ers, but he could end up being a big factor when it's all said and done.

EDIT:

That being said, we still need to upgrade the position in the off season. He's the best we have now, but there's still better out there. At least get a change up back to keep him fresh. Hopefully Benson will be healthy enough for a power back role.

I think his game works there but it's far from special. Harris can catch a football but he fights the ball a bit and has no feel for the tree at all. I would love to see what Mac could do with a guy back there that can move around and excel in doing so. Man like Mac could make a star out of a skill set like that IMO. Not real sure I love it in combo with Rodgers though. Rodgers has a bad habit of falling in love out there every now and again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: