Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The General Manager Interview Watch; Updated Page 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
It seems possible that the Cards could interview/sign Reid on Thursday, fulfill the interview with Brown on Friday and sign Keim as GM right afterwards, right?

It's possible ya, it wouldn't quite jive with what our media guys are telling us but sure, it's possible.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants Director of College Scouting Marc Ross has interview lined up with the Jets, Chargers, Panthers and Jaguars.

We've still just got the 2 known candidates, Keith and Brown.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert Breer‏@AlbertBreer

Also, word around the campfire is that Steve Keim remains the favorite, as he has been all along, to be elevated to GM in Arizona.

Lets hope.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:

Also, word around the campfire is that Steve Keim remains the favorite, as he has been all along, to be elevated to GM in Arizona.

Lets hope.

Keim is the guy, look at the leg work being done by Mike/Steve right now. Brown is a Rooney rule interveiw, plain and simple.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Lets hope.

Keim is the guy, look at the leg work being done by Mike/Steve right now. Brown is a Rooney rule interveiw, plain and simple.

MJ said he isnt so sure that Brown is just a Rooney Rule guy. He said that Brown is the real deal and could be intriguing because of his ability to scout college talent
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Lets hope.

MJ said he isnt so sure that Brown is just a Rooney Rule guy. He said that Brown is the real deal and could be intriguing because of his ability to scout college talent

And Keim does not bring that same ability to scout college talent? You honestly think Mike and Steve would be taking college scouting trips together if Steve was not the guy?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZCardinalsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Lets hope.

And Keim does not bring that same ability to scout college talent? You honestly think Mike and Steve would be taking college scouting trips together if Steve was not the guy?

I don't think he would be sitting in on the HC interviews either if he wasn't going to be the guy.

Deadpulse
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Pioli's sitting in on interviews in Kansas City and all signs point to him being out. It doesn't make sense to me either but....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cards will be in DC today to interview Morocco Brown for the vacant general manager position. While a few of you believe this is simply a Rooney Rule interview, Mike Jurecki stated that he's a serious candidate and noted quote "Don't be surprised if Bidwill hired a minority candidate".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Lets hope.

Yes, for 2 reasons. First, if I am undecided about who will/won't fill the GM position and feel Keim is a legit option, I keep him in my back pocket with these trips and unavailable to interview with others. Second, why not get as many opinions as possible about potential draft picks? Sure it costs money to take these trips, but is far less than the potential money wasted on a draft bust.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morocco Brown interview was today

https://twitter.com/CardsMarkD/status/287372615012712450
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/287595590752301056
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Adam Schefter just now, the Jaguars have narrowed their GM search down to 2 guys: David Caldwell and Steve Keim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Per Adam Schefter just now, the Jaguars have narrowed their GM search down to 2 guys: David Caldwell and Steve Keim

im surprised that Bidwill hasn't gotten the Keim deal done. They fulfilled the Rooney Rule already so thats not holding them back
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

im surprised that Bidwill hasn't gotten the Keim deal done. They fulfilled the Rooney Rule already so thats not holding them back

Jurecki said the agent was a pain though remember? That might be holding it up, I don't know.

My biggest problem right now is that we've not pushed the candidate search hard enough. Yes I want Steve Keim, I think everyone here knows that but I am very big on having options. If Keim takes a job somewhere else, which is well within his right to do, we've only got 1 other guy who we've interviewed so far, Morocco Brown and nobody knows how well he interviewed. What if he stunk up the place? Now we're scrambling. Ya we might be able to still interview the popular names like Caldwell (Who legitimately intrigues me) or Gamble or Telesco etc. before they take jobss but we're behind the other teams who've already interviewed them and had a chance to make an impression. Again, we're scrambling. I wish we pushed this a little harder than we did.

I would have preferred to have our head coach search put off until next week or the week after. Horton and Haley will be no less interested a week from now as they're both chomping at the bit for the job and we can't even hire McCoy (Should we like him) until the Broncos are eliminated from the playoffs, which could be February. We should have focused more this week on the GM position IMHO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: