Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Margus Hunt and Tank Carradine(think thats how its spelled)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PatriotBeast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Margus Hunt and Tank Carradine(think thats how its spelled) Reply with quote

They seem like interesting prospects for mid 2nd to early 3rd

Can you guys give me the General overview of these 2 Freakishly Athletic Dlinemen and others that could possibly be available then?

Thanks
Kempes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunt just doesn't seem nasty enough to me. He's a freak athlete but I don't think he has that streak in him that can build upon his athleticism and take him to the next level.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hunt is nasty enough, some guys dont need that mean streak if they have the determination to get the job done. I think hunt will be a steal if he lasts til day 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I think Hunt is nasty enough, some guys dont need that mean streak if they have the determination to get the job done. I think hunt will be a steal if he lasts til day 2

Stubby arms for a dude his height
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was extremely high on Tank before his injury. I don't have a clue on where to start predicting him falling because of the injury, but I would have had him as a Top 20 player before the ACL.

Jamison on the sig
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I was extremely high on Tank before his injury. I don't have a clue on where to start predicting him falling because of the injury, but I would have had him as a Top 20 player before the ACL.
Yeah, I had him somewhere between 10-20 before the ACL injury. Now I have him around 20-30. ACL injuries aren't as serious now as they've been, and I'd only heavily drop him if he shows a bad recovery.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Yeah, I had him somewhere between 10-20 before the ACL injury. Now I have him around 20-30. ACL injuries aren't as serious now as they've been, and I'd only heavily drop him if he shows a bad recovery.

Very much in agreement with you. He's still a first round prospect and his potential is high if he returns to form. Really explosive athlete, violent hands great rip move.

One of the best pure 43 DE's in this draft class.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

What did you see his potential as? What was his limitations?

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

What did you see his potential as? What was his limitations?

I don't know about limitations but one thing I noticed that I hate is him reaching. I don't know the proper scouting terms for it, but he would reach with his outside hand and try to get behind the OT to propel himself past. When he did this it opens up his body and allowes a good OT to get into him and end it right there. He did make it work a few times but it will never work in the NFL.

Jamison on the sig
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank was working his way into the top 20 before his injury. Similar physically to Aldon Smith but imo he doesn't have Aldon's lower body strength or as violent of hands. Still, very long with a great frame, long arms, great burst off the edge, has the ability to dip around the corner and showed good instincts despite his lack of D-1 experience.

Tank is going to be a great pick-up somewhere if he lands with the right DL/OLB Coach.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Tank was working his way into the top 20 before his injury. Similar physically to Aldon Smith but imo he doesn't have Aldon's lower body strength or as violent of hands. Still, very long with a great frame, long arms, great burst off the edge, has the ability to dip around the corner and showed good instincts despite his lack of D-1 experience.

Tank is going to be a great pick-up somewhere if he lands with the right DL/OLB Coach.

SF Wink

new sig... sorry alex
PatriotBeast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, ive seen a mock where Akeem Spence has been drafted by the Patriots in the 3rd rd.

Can you guys give me an overview of what he brings to the table?any concerns?
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some smart team will move Margus Hunt to Tight End.
Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Stubby arms for a dude his height

?? Almost a 7 foot wingspan bro. And I want so bad to be impressed by hunt. Has through the roof potential if he could work on his hands and leverage.

Tugboat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:
Some smart team will move Margus Hunt to Tight End.

I was thinking about this earlier, but i just don't really see it.

The guy's measurables are pretty interesting...but he really seems to lack a real killer instinct when it comes to hitting and the sort of relentless pursuit i'd want to see there. Doesn't really seem to grasp a lot of the subtleties (though that's understandable given limited development), but also seems to get caught leaning all over the place.

Maybe that comes in time, but he just doesn't strike me as a natural, instinctive pass rusher. His physical tools get him far, but it all seems stiff and awkward a lot of the time.

It's interesting to consider what sort of TE he could be, or could've been if he'd started there earlier. From what i understand, a former shotput/discus thrower? So i'd figure pretty strong hands, which would seem an advantage. But that certainly doesn't mean he has soft hands. And if the guy can't catch...he's not gonna be much good as a TE. He also doesn't really seem that quick, and his balance/leverage issues are still going to be an issue at TE, in terms of blocking.

It's an interesting thought though. I just don't really see it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: