Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bruce Arians amongst list of coaches considered for Eagles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Bruce Arians amongst list of coaches considered for Eagles Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/report-five-candidates-on-eagles-list/

Quote:
The candidates are, per Eskin, Penn State coach Bill O’Brien, Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, and Oregon coach Chip Kelly.
Chip Kelly has been the hot name but I really don't know how I feel yet about Arians as to whether he should stay or go
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A frontrunner for the Chargers too.

UTKevinAcee wrote:
Only name I know for sure been seriously discussed @ Chargers Park to this point is Bruce Arians ... I am told Ken Whisenhunt is interested.

I want him to get a HC gig somewhere.

He's a terrible playcaller, and if we can get someone like Turner it's an automatic improvement.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:

UTKevinAcee wrote:
Only name I know for sure been seriously discussed @ Chargers Park to this point is Bruce Arians ... I am told Ken Whisenhunt is interested.

He's a terrible playcaller, and if we can get someone like Turner it's an automatic improvement.

I agree.

I salute Bruce for the fact he filled in, did an excellent job, and on top of that was a no BS type of guy. But he just can't string together good game plans. I don't know what it is, but it just isn't something he can do.

In an offense that allows Luck to move more, hit the tight ends, and has more available check downs he would thrive.
tom cody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the success Arians had with this team this year I think some team will sign him to be their coach. Be interesting to see how he pans out.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In line for the Bears head coach job too now apparently.
Quote:
@RapSheet

#Bears are 1st team to put in an interview request for #Colts OC Bruce Arians, I'm told. Won't be the last. #Chargers among those interested

He's the 7th candidate for us now though so needs to do well to get the job.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: FS #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 0 || Interceptions || Forced Fumbles: 0
jgold72288

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooche wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

UTKevinAcee wrote:

I agree.

I salute Bruce for the fact he filled in, did an excellent job, and on top of that was a no BS type of guy. But he just can't string together good game plans. I don't know what it is, but it just isn't something he can do.

In an offense that allows Luck to move more, hit the tight ends, and has more available check downs he would thrive.
There's gonna be a lot of crow eating next year when this happens. Or, at least, there SHOULD be.
Mooche

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgold72288 wrote:
Mooche wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

UTKevinAcee wrote:

I agree.

There's gonna be a lot of crow eating next year when this happens. Or, at least, there SHOULD be.

Eh.

I don't know about you, but I'm all for watching my QB have options to check down to when the deep routes aren't there. Luck doesn't need to be whipped into a complete gun slinger like Arians wants to mold him into.
crunk-colt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some poor team is gonna make the mistake of hiring him as a HC... appreciate what he did for us this season but he just isnt HC material

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:

UTKevinAcee wrote:

Add Tom Telesco Colt's VP Football Operations to the list of Colts being mentioned in SD
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jan/04/chargers-interview-tom-telesco-gm/
Quote:
San Diego's interview team is set to speak with Tom Telesco, Colts vice president of football operations. He is one of six known candidates to fill the GM spot vacated Monday with A.J. Smith's firing.

Telesco is in his 15th season with the Colts and first in his current position. He previously served as director of player personnel for six seasons before a 2012 promotion.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHA He sounds like a great person but sounds to much like a Andy 2.0 guy, offensive mind, not a great in game play caller/adjuster, super high character coach player respond to and are loyal to...

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Prince.Malachi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Given the success Arians had with this team this year I think some team will sign him to be their coach. Be interesting to see how he pans out.

He has had a wild amount of success as an assistant that has filled in for an absent HC. Given that this team was supposed to do pretty poorly (posibly the worst in the AFC South) he has exceded expectations that were set for a choaching staff with a HC. Teams sign QB's with way weaker criteria than that these days. Smile

Way to go BA where ever you end up coaching I hope it works out, you've really made this season for the Colts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooche wrote:
jgold72288 wrote:
Mooche wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

UTKevinAcee wrote:

I agree.

Eh.

I don't know about you, but I'm all for watching my QB have options to check down to when the deep routes aren't there. Luck doesn't need to be whipped into a complete gun slinger like Arians wants to mold him into.
Uh, that's what I'm saying. Haters who don't watch the games and don't see that he doesn't even have a target within ten yards on a lot of passes will be eating crow when he has a more sensible OC.
Mooche

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgold72288 wrote:
Mooche wrote:
jgold72288 wrote:
Mooche wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

UTKevinAcee wrote:

I agree.

Eh.

Uh, that's what I'm saying. Haters who don't watch the games and don't see that he doesn't even have a target within ten yards on a lot of passes will be eating crow when he has a more sensible OC.

My bad man. Completely misread your original post. Aha.

You're right. A guy who can make the game easier on him, and allow him to be able to check-down and not force the ball CONSTANTLY will only help his growth big time.
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please. No to Bruce Arians.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: