Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lovie Smith "very interested" in Cardinals, Bills
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Lovie Smith "very interested" in Cardinals, Bills Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120661/article/lovie-smith-targeting-arizona-cardinals-buffalo-bills

Quote:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that Smith plans to coach in 2013 and is very interested in the vacancies with the Arizona Cardinals and Buffalo Bills. Both those teams have legitimate defensive talent already in place, making them a natural fit with Smith's sensibilities.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm warming up to this idea but Bill O'Brien is still my first choice.

TommyC376^^^
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He shouldn't be the only one, we have something here in Buffalo if we just get a good leader and a good staff.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally wanted Zimmer, but that was before Lovie was fired.

Get this man to Buffalo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in the Lovie thread on the News board, Lovie could be a perfect fit for this team. I can see why us and the Cardinals would be of interest to him. Both have young defenses with some really good players on that side of the ball and under a defensive mind like Smith, he could get the best out of the defense and push it to the next level and possibly an elite level.

Hester's retirement threat speaks loudly to me. Smith is obviously very respected and the thing Buffalo needs in a coach most is a strong mentality and someone who is well-respected and can make his players play hard for him. I like him because he's got playoff experience and has reached the Super Bowl so despite missing the playoffs five of the last six years, he still missed this year with a 10-6 record and has a winning pedigree for the most part; 81-63 record in nine seasons.

Having players like Mario, Kyle, Dareus, Gilmore, and Byrd on defense could be very attractive to him after years of working with Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers, Hillman, and Jennings.

Bring him in Buddy.
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, it has been confirmed Lovie has received interview invitations from four of the six other teams who fired their coaches today. Any four of the Bills, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles, and Browns could be on the list of teams that have already contacted him less than a day after his own firing. Realistically, the Bills could very well be one of those teams.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/lovie-smith-gets-four-interview-invitations-on-first-day-out-of-work/

Quote:
Lovie Smith was one of seven NFL head coaches fired today. Hes also a candidate to replace four of the other six fired coaches.

Smith has already been contacted by four teams about their head-coaching vacancies, ESPN reported on SportsCenter. The report did not say which of the six other teams that fired their coaches the Chiefs, Chargers, Browns, Cardinals, Bills and Eagles are interested in Smith. But if Smith is interested, hell be a very busy man over the next couple of weeks.

I'm guessing the Bills, Cardinals, Browns, and Eagles are the four teams that have contacted him. The Chiefs seem up-in-the-air with the Pioli uncertainty and it seems the Chargers are in the middle of the Gruden sweepstakes and could possibly have a mutual interest in Whisenhunt too. They're also directly linked to Bruce Arians.
joutman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Love Reply with quote

Interesting side note is that Jairus Byrd father Hal has been an cb coach with Lovie for the past 6 years. If they were to come together it would greatly enhance our chance to sign Byrd to a long term deal. We then could franchise Levitre if need be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills are said to go with a defensive mind coach and right now the only guys that come to mind are Lovie, Horton, Zimmer, Nolan, and Falango

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie Smith would be an good hire for Buffalo
Bills4life7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I wanted a guy like Lovie but now I don't want that "perfect fit" coach. What were doing is not working and we need fresh blood who will strive to stay ahead of trends. Belichek and caroll are perfect examples of this. cocky/arrogant and will switch up styles mid game if needed. The coaches that have been fired from there teams do not fit this at all.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the guys we are rumored to be after he would be my choice to at the moment. I still want to hold judgement on the guy, while his defense have been good he better have a good idea what direction he wants to go on offense as that has continued to be there weakness during his time in Chicago.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
don4593

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of this [inappropriate/removed] matters. Without a QB we are doomed. This is the real problem. We have a revolving door at HC when will we realize that without a QB it doesn't matter. We can hire Bill Billichick and it doesn't matter. He is the perfect case. He is something like 42-57 without Tom Brady.

Lovie could not get it done with very good defenses and a good QB. He had his ups and downs but we are going to need an amazing signal caller to put us over the top.

I love the idea of Josh McDaniels joining the team. He is one of the very few coaches that can improve an offense without adding much talent.

Also, Ray Horton intrigues me from the Cardinals. Defensive guy, so we will have to find a stud QB otherwise it will be 3 years and out for Horton.

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don4593 wrote:
I love the idea of Josh McDaniels joining the team. He is one of the very few coaches that can improve an offense without adding much talent.

Like he did in St Louis?

As a Bronco fan, trust me - you don't want anything to do with McDaniels until he learns that the 'Patriot way' doesn't work without Tom Brady.

MUFC OK
don4593

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
don4593 wrote:

Like he did in St Louis?

As a Bronco fan, trust me - you don't want anything to do with McDaniels until he learns that the 'Patriot way' doesn't work without Tom Brady.

Wasn't Bradford hurt for like half the year? Bradford is a league average QB to begin with. Our problem is our offense/QB. There is going to be no coach in the NFL that will be able to get more out of Fitzpatrick than Gailey. So with a new coach we need a new QB

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don4593 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
don4593 wrote:

Like he did in St Louis?

Wasn't Bradford hurt for like half the year? Bradford is a league average QB to begin with. Our problem is our offense/QB. There is going to be no coach in the NFL that will be able to get more out of Fitzpatrick than Gailey. So with a new coach we need a new QB

Then I would highly recommend a new QB and a Head Coach that isn't McDaniels.

MUFC OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: