Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Garrett open to changes with Dallas Cowboys
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Jason Garrett open to changes with Dallas Cowboys Reply with quote

Quote:
"We would just talk it through," Garrett said about potentially talking to owner Jerry Jones during an appearance on KRLD-AM Dallas/Fort Worth on Wednesday. "Again, line one for me in the position that I'm in is, 'What's best for the Dallas Cowboys' in every way, shape or form, however we're doing. Anything and everything is on the table."

Quote:
Jones said that the next few months would be "uncomfortable" in Dallas. We still don't know whether defensive coordinator Rob Ryan will be back. It's safe to expect that some changes are coming. Even Garrett sounds like he expects them now.

Interesting. That OC possibility is coming into reality slowly. This must have been connecting to the post where des or someone mentioned that JJ and the coaching staff were going to have meeting to what needs to change for the organization and I guess this is the end result of that team meeting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121644/article/jason-garrett-open-to-changes-with-dallas-cowboys

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Jason Garrett open to changes with Dallas Cowboys Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Quote:
"We would just talk it through," Garrett said about potentially talking to owner Jerry Jones during an appearance on KRLD-AM Dallas/Fort Worth on Wednesday. "Again, line one for me in the position that I'm in is, 'What's best for the Dallas Cowboys' in every way, shape or form, however we're doing. Anything and everything is on the table."

Quote:
Jones said that the next few months would be "uncomfortable" in Dallas. We still don't know whether defensive coordinator Rob Ryan will be back. It's safe to expect that some changes are coming. Even Garrett sounds like he expects them now.

Interesting. That OC possibility is coming into reality slowly. This must have been connecting to the post where des or someone mentioned that JJ and the coaching staff were going to have meeting to what needs to change for the organization and I guess this is the end result of that team meeting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121644/article/jason-garrett-open-to-changes-with-dallas-cowboys

He sure changed his tune fast!

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Jason Garrett open to changes with Dallas Cowboys Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:

He's a good soldier and wants to keep his job.

PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Jason Garrett open to changes with Dallas Cowboys Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:

Is there any other coach who would say different? Of course he is gonna say that, cant bite the hand the feeds you Smile
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Jason Garrett open to changes with Dallas Cowboys Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:

Is there any other coach who would say different? Of course he is gonna say that, cant bite the hand the feeds you Smile

EXACTLY.

J_Rowskee_DC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe he's the kind of guy nor coach to publically disagree with Jerry. Garrett is a good guy, who cares and defends his current staff. When it comes time to make those changes, I'm sure Garrett will be on board with whatever Jerry wants. Hopefully Jerry consults Garrett first and tries to understand who would be on Garrett's list of offensive help.

Hopefully Rob Ryan stays and get's a full season of a "relatively" healthy defense before we cut the cord on him. His first season here didn't have an offseason to implement his system, and this past season, he lost at least 7 starts/heavy contributors to injury. Let him draft a NT within our first 2 rounds, give him a healthy front 7, and see what he can do. We have our corners, and let's pray they stay healthy next year. We have our LB's, except for the possibility of having to replace Spencer f he doesn't stay, If we can get at least one playmaker on the D-Line, he could have himself a top 5 defense.

thanks to Joe_is_the_best
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_Rowskee_DC wrote:
I don't believe he's the kind of guy nor coach to publically disagree with Jerry. Garrett is a good guy, who cares and defends his current staff. When it comes time to make those changes, I'm sure Garrett will be on board with whatever Jerry wants. Hopefully Jerry consults Garrett first and tries to understand who would be on Garrett's list of offensive help.

Hopefully Rob Ryan stays and get's a full season of a "relatively" healthy defense before we cut the cord on him. His first season here didn't have an offseason to implement his system, and this past season, he lost at least 7 starts/heavy contributors to injury. Let him draft a NT within our first 2 rounds, give him a healthy front 7, and see what he can do. We have our corners, and let's pray they stay healthy next year. We have our LB's, except for the possibility of having to replace Spencer f he doesn't stay, If we can get at least one playmaker on the D-Line, he could have himself a top 5 defense.

I cant think of any coach who would disagree with his GM/Owner publically, now behind close doors is a different thing, but I still dont think that happen, but I could be wrong.

I am torn though, I want Romo to make it here but as someone said earlier, if Arizona came calling and said we give to 1 st rd picks. I know this next season would be a wash but I may drive Romo to the airport myself, lol. Fix the O-line, give me Norv as OC, a fully Healthy Defense, and if that dont work, then we can kick Tony to the curb Smile
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
Or not.

Quote:
jason Garrett said norv turner is a great friend and a great coach but he plans to remain offensive coordinator next season.

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/285887705521455104

And add this

@clarencehilljr: Garrett said its best for romo to keep the system the same and not make a change in coordinator, play caller

I just posted both of these tweets in the post game thread as well.

SMH!!!

I think these were Jason's words just 2 days ago. Someone told me a long time ago that when someone shows you who they are or what they believe, believe them the first time.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
Or not.

Quote:
jason Garrett said norv turner is a great friend and a great coach but he plans to remain offensive coordinator next season.

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/285887705521455104

And add this

@clarencehilljr: Garrett said its best for romo to keep the system the same and not make a change in coordinator, play caller

I just posted both of these tweets in the post game thread as well.

SMH!!!

I think these were Jason's words just 2 days ago. Someone told me a long time ago that when someone shows you who they are or what they believe, believe them the first time.

Then again if the guys in charge (JJ/SJ) and the man who writes your check says, 'you're getting an offensive coordinator"...it's really easy to have a sudden change of heart.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said he would be open to any change the same day Jerry made those comments. In fact it was the same presser when he made the comments about norv.

I want to go back, bit I don't think he ever stated no to an oc. I think that was just c hills interpretation.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
He said he would be open to any change the same day Jerry made those comments. In fact it was the same presser when he made the comments about norv.

I want to go back, bit I don't think he ever stated no to an oc. I think that was just c hills interpretation.

He said, "I anticipate the status-quo in that regard."

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

This is one of those unique circumstances where I wholeheartedly agree with Jerry.

DKDALfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

This is one of those unique circumstances where I wholeheartedly agree with Jerry.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
atran35

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JG evaluation needs to be on himself as an OC. We didn't start scoring points till ROMO went NO HUDDLE while we were down by an average of 21 points. How are you the OC when you can't score for 3 quarters then put it all on the QB?
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
JG evaluation needs to be on himself as an OC. We didn't start scoring points till ROMO went NO HUDDLE while we were down by an average of 21 points. How are you the OC when you can't score for 3 quarters then put it all on the QB?

Garrett's evaluation of himself will find nothing wrong with status quo. Garrett believes he is a genius. Right now though he looking like one of the bigger crawfish I have seen in my life.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: