Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns rank 3rd out 7 as most attractive HC Jobs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:


This is maybe the stupidest argument ever. Anyone who has to debate whether Weeden or Luck was better this season needs not only an eye exam, but some antipsychotic meds.


You're being rude duke.

This isn't even a point, it's simply a ridiculous opinion. If what you said were really true, then it would be very easy to show how the two QBs aren't comparable. But it's not, which is precisely my point.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20659
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>> Weeden
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>> Weeden


Not with completion percentage, overthrows and underthrows, INT%, YPA, and QB rating.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20659
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>> Weeden


Not with completion percentage, overthrows and underthrows, INT%, YPA, and QB rating.


o lawd


Take this into the comparisons forum and see how the people feel.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CleBrowns07


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 4496
Location: Willoughby
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>> Weeden


Not with completion percentage, overthrows and underthrows, INT%, YPA, and QB rating.


wait...really? So if the Colts offered Luck straight up for Weeden you would turn it down?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>> Weeden


Not with completion percentage, overthrows and underthrows, INT%, YPA, and QB rating.


o lawd


Take this into the comparisons forum and see how the people feel.


HAHA...yeah so they can argue the facts with inequality symbols.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>> Weeden


Not with completion percentage, overthrows and underthrows, INT%, YPA, and QB rating.


wait...really? So if the Colts offered Luck straight up for Weeden you would turn it down?


How does that make his completion percentage better? Or any of the other things?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20659
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>> Weeden


Not with completion percentage, overthrows and underthrows, INT%, YPA, and QB rating.


o lawd


Take this into the comparisons forum and see how the people feel.


HAHA...yeah so they can argue the facts with inequality symbols.



This is a great example of stats not telling the whole story.


I am a big Weeden fan, but Luck is most certainly better.

We have a better roster than the Colts. Ya, Shurmur is a big reason for us sucking, but Weeden didn't help out much.

That team is going to the playoffs for the sole reason of Andrew Luck.

The eye test, it wins out.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20659
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>> Weeden


Not with completion percentage, overthrows and underthrows, INT%, YPA, and QB rating.


o lawd


Take this into the comparisons forum and see how the people feel.


HAHA...yeah so they can argue the facts with inequality symbols.



This is a great example of stats not telling the whole story.


I am a big Weeden fan, but Luck is most certainly better.

We have a better roster than the Colts. Ya, Shurmur is a big reason for us sucking, but Weeden didn't help out much.

That team is going to the playoffs for the sole reason of Andrew Luck.

The eye test, it wins out.



And I almost guarantee that less than 5% would say Weeden played better.

Don't cop out because someone might say

ziomg Luck >>>>>>>>>>> Weeden

[inappropriate/removed] it, i'm making the thread.

O give me the damn soap
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CleBrowns07


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 4496
Location: Willoughby
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>> Weeden


Not with completion percentage, overthrows and underthrows, INT%, YPA, and QB rating.


wait...really? So if the Colts offered Luck straight up for Weeden you would turn it down?


How does that make his completion percentage better? Or any of the other things?


Don't answer the question with another question.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>> Weeden


Not with completion percentage, overthrows and underthrows, INT%, YPA, and QB rating.


o lawd


Take this into the comparisons forum and see how the people feel.


HAHA...yeah so they can argue the facts with inequality symbols.



This is a great example of stats not telling the whole story.


I am a big Weeden fan, but Luck is most certainly better.

We have a better roster than the Colts. Ya, Shurmur is a big reason for us sucking, but Weeden didn't help out much.

That team is going to the playoffs for the sole reason of Andrew Luck.

The eye test, it wins out.


You're right, Luck is a better talent. And stats don't tell the whole story. But Luck did not play well this year. Both the "eye test" AND the stats say that.

The sole reason (if there really is a "sole reason") they are going to the playoffs was that their defense was able to overcome Luck's 23 turnovers to give the offense a chance to overcome Luck's errors.

Luck may be great, but he played poorly this year.

CleBrowns07 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>> Weeden


Not with completion percentage, overthrows and underthrows, INT%, YPA, and QB rating.


wait...really? So if the Colts offered Luck straight up for Weeden you would turn it down?


How does that make his completion percentage better? Or any of the other things?


Don't answer the question with another question.


I was showing how the answer to your question is not relevant to the issue. Luck played poorly. Weeden played poorly.
_________________


Last edited by Entropy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:


And I almost guarantee that less than 5% would say Weeden played better.

Don't cop out because someone might say

ziomg Luck >>>>>>>>>>> Weeden

[inappropriate/removed] it, i'm making the thread.

O give me the damn soap



If 95% of people say "Luck >>>>>>>>>>> Weeden" it's still just using inequality symbols.

What if I use 4 more or 6 less inequality symbols? Did I disagree with you? And if so, by how much? What criteria did I use?

Do I add more to the discussion by using these symbols?

If you would like to discuss actual points, I'd love that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CleBrowns07


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 4496
Location: Willoughby
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luck brought a 2-14 team to an 11-5 record and to the playoffs. Weeden brought a 4-12 team 1 more win. I don't see what else there is to discuss.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
Luck brought a 2-14 team to an 11-5 record and to the playoffs. Weeden brought a 4-12 team 1 more win. I don't see what else there is to discuss.


Luck didn't carry the team, the team carried Luck. If you don't believe that, then explain how they won 11 games when Luck had 23 turnovers and only 28 TDs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HADEN4PREZIDENT


Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 477
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:


And I almost guarantee that less than 5% would say Weeden played better.

Don't cop out because someone might say

ziomg Luck >>>>>>>>>>> Weeden

[inappropriate/removed] it, i'm making the thread.

O give me the damn soap



If 95% of people say "Luck >>>>>>>>>>> Weeden" it's still just using inequality symbols.

What if I use 4 more or 6 less inequality symbols? Did I disagree with you? And if so, by how much? What criteria did I use?

Do I add more to the discussion by using these symbols?

If you would like to discuss actual points, I'd love that.

Just a simple question can you give a defining moment this season where Weeden led or willed this team to victory? Avoid saying that one dropped ball cost him games. I can name one time against Dallas he faced adversity and gave us a chance to win but we fell short without Joe in the secondary. Luck won multiple games for his team leading them to victory showing us how clutch he was in close games.
_________________

^^^Jamison^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group