Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Luke Joeckel with our 1st Pick to solidify the line
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Imagine how good our wr's would look if Palmer had all day to sit back in the pocket flat-footed, Imagine how good DMC would look if he had huge holes all the time..

Improving the offensive line would make the entire offense look better.

That's a luxury pick a team without the holes we have would make. Landing a great defensive player would make a bigger impact.

If there was a great defensive player worth landing it would be the better pick, but there is no Ndamukong Suh, Von Miller or Patrick Peterson type prospect. Star Lotulelei and Damontre Moore aren't very good, and Jarvis Jones has spinal stenosis.

I'm all for trading down and acquiring picks and selecting defensive players, but at pick 3 Luke Joeckel is the BPA.

I highly disagree. And I hate people saying there's no "such and such type prospect". Where was all the hype for JPP, Aldon Smith, Clay Matthews, Darrell Revis, or JJ Watt coming out? Just because a prospect isn't considered the absolute best of the past decade at his position, doesn't mean he isn't very good or have a bright future ahead.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Imagine how good our wr's would look if Palmer had all day to sit back in the pocket flat-footed, Imagine how good DMC would look if he had huge holes all the time..

McFadden did that LAST YEAR. With Veldheer on the team. And a competent OC. We've been there and done that, but took a step back because of that stupid stupid stupid stupid Krapp.

And he could look EVEN BETTER with a dominant offensive line, wouldn't you want to see that?

SMH
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:

That's a luxury pick a team without the holes we have would make. Landing a great defensive player would make a bigger impact.

If there was a great defensive player worth landing it would be the better pick, but there is no Ndamukong Suh, Von Miller or Patrick Peterson type prospect. Star Lotulelei and Damontre Moore aren't very good, and Jarvis Jones has spinal stenosis.

I'm all for trading down and acquiring picks and selecting defensive players, but at pick 3 Luke Joeckel is the BPA.

I highly disagree. And I hate people saying there's no "such and such type prospect". Where was all the hype for JPP, Aldon Smith, Clay Matthews, Darrell Revis, or JJ Watt coming out? Just because a prospect isn't considered the absolute best of the past decade at his position, doesn't mean he isn't very good or have a bright future ahead.

Well, evidently, it does. This is terrible to have to keep repeating. I just hope we draft Star so this nonsense stops.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:

By bringing up Suh, Miller and Peterson I meant prospects that had elite production and elite physical traits, A truly elite prospect.

all the prospects you named had elite physical traits but were missing the elite production in college, once they got to the nfl they refined their skills and produced at an elite level.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:

Well, evidently, it does. This is terrible to have to keep repeating. I just hope we draft Star so this nonsense stops.

i thought you were done? get out of here, I'm tired of reading your nonsensical posts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:

i thought you were done? get out of here, I'm tired of reading you nonsensical posts.

I was done with your ridiculous train of thought, not other posters with sense.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:

drafting the best player available isn't ridiculous at all. it's the best strategy. I assume you would've passed on Andrew Luck because we had Carson Palmer and QB isn't a position of need?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:

By bringing up Suh, Miller and Peterson I meant prospects that had elite production and elite physical traits, A truly elite prospect.

all the prospects you named had elite physical traits but were missing the elite production in college, once they got to the nfl they refined their skills and produced at an elite level.

Star doesn't fit that category? How about Sheldon? We might have 1st choice of all the defensive players from this years draft. Our front office needs to identify who the best defensive player is going to be.

Last edited by Darkness on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:

drafting the best player available isn't ridiculous at all. it's the best strategy. I assume you would've passed on Andrew Luck because we had Carson Palmer and QB isn't a position of need?
Bad example buddy, having Carson Palmer makes need for a QB high. But having Velheer at LT who is only in his 3rd year and been pretty good make need for LT low.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Star doesn't fit that category? How about Sheldon? We might have 1st choice of all the defensive players from this years draft. Our front office needs to identify who the best defensive player is going to be.

No.

I'm sure our front office will identify who the best defensive player will be, I'm also pretty sure they will realize Luke Joeckel is the better prospect and it would be stupid to pass on him for a lesser prospect.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
Bad example buddy, having Carson Palmer makes need for a QB high. But having Velheer at LT who is only in his 3rd year and been pretty good make need for LT low.

Carson Palmer makes the need for a QB high?

facepalm.jpeg

Last edited by macklemore on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:

No.

I'm sure our front office will identify who the best defensive player will be, I'm also pretty sure they will realize Luke Joeckel is the better prospect and it would be stupid to pass on him for a lesser prospect.

Star doesn't have elite physical traits? What? Same can be said for Richardson, who actually had elite production to go with his elite athleticism.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Star doesn't have elite physical traits? What? Same can be said for Richardson, who actually had elite production to go with his elite athleticism.

No, they don't have elite production, I wasn't talking about their physical traits.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:

No, they don't have elite production, I wasn't talking about their physical traits.

Sheldon Richardson didn't have elite production? Did you watch him?
macklemore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Sheldon Richardson didn't have elite production? Did you watch him?

I would consider his production very good but not elite.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: