Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Andy Reid Tribute (Dark Side Need Not Apply)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: The Andy Reid Tribute (Dark Side Need Not Apply) Reply with quote

This thread is for those who appreciate the success during the Andy Reid era.
If you are a Negative Nancy, this thread is not for you.

What is success?
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
-Vince Lombardi

Is it giving the touch of life?

What is success?

Is it proving those who doubt you wrong?
Or becoming the best at your craft?

3 time NFL Coach of the Year ('00, '02, '10)

140 wins (.587%) 22nd in NFL History
54-40 record against the NFC East
17 wins over the Dallas Cowboys
4th coach all time to win 100 games in a decade
10-9 playoff record
His players made the pro bowl 66 times
Five NFC Championship appearances
One Super Bowl appearance

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.
-Booker T. Washington

Through the Andy Reid era, we've cheered, we've booed, and we've cried...

Through the best of times

The not-so-best of times

And the worst of times.

We've gone down

Only to rise again.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
-Winston Churchill

But along the way it was not without pain and loss.

Some losses too strong to bear.

And ultimately coming up short.

I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.
-Michael Jordan

From a new beginning

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
-George Edward Woodberry

Friends were made along the way

And memories to never be forgotten...

Failure is success if we learn from it.
-Malcolm Forbes

>>>McNabb 14 seconds in the pocket!<<< CLICK

From the passing of one great opportunity

Other opportunities will call...

With many more second chances to come.

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
-Albert Einstein

We now pass the torch after 14 years of rebirth, promise, excitement, pain, anguish, wins and losses. What will the future be like? We do not know.
But we do know what success looks like.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.
-Bill Gates

Some say it was long overdue, nearly everyone agrees it was time.
Andy Reid has been a great coach for the last 14 years, and it is sad to see him go. But at the same time, it is without question the right time to go.

We've dominated a division with historic foes for over a decade.
We've seen miracles far too unbelievable unfold before our eyes.
We've never won that one big game, but we've sure as hell won a lot of games.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
-Winston Churchill

Thank you Andy for the last 14 years. It is clear you're just as big an Eagles fan as the rest of us. Never was your work ethic questioned, never have your players spoken out against you or your abilities, and for over a decade you've deflected the flames from media and fans alike.

Good luck on the road ahead, wherever you go!

What are your favorite moments since 1999?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three headed monster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only guy I will accept when BB retires.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw the sweet music McNabb and T.O. made in 2004 was def. my fave time for the Eagles under him. His loyalty to McNabb under all the undeserved hate really earned him my respect.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl:dr

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Phire. Some of my favorite moments include The Miracle at the New Meadowlands, beating Atlanta in the NFCCG to finally get to the Superbowl, 44-6 against Dallas, Monday Night vs Washington '10, 4th and 26, and (honestly) McNabbs TD throw to DeSean in the 4th against Arizona NFCCG I had goose bumps and thought McNabb/Reid were gonna finally pull it off and go on to face a team they already had beaten that year and I thought they could beat in the Steelers.

It was certainly an era that we as fans might live to seriously miss. It's because of that and the good times that I respect and have good feelings towards that era. The good times and bad times were endured but we always were competitive (until this year) and always were in contention. Not many teams accomplished what we did during this era and it's certainly important to remember that.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Phire, well done.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2006 was a huge missed opportunity
Man, that season had some magic.

McNabb was throwing to Reggie Brown, Greg Lewis, and Donte Stallworth...
And was leading the NFL in
-Passing Yards
-Touchdowns
-Yards/Completion

Forgive me, for I was younger than Oland when I made this
http://s157.beta.photobucket.com/user/Phire23/media/FF%20Stuff/EVS.mp4.html

That season was so sweet.
McNabb goes down with ACL after an amazing start...
Jeff Garcia comes in, we lose to Indianapolis... then win 4 straight including 3 straight Division games against our rivals concluding on Christmas Day and getting into the playoffs, beating the Giants again!

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PE.com posted their legacy video a few minutes after I posted my thread Laughing
#trendsetter

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Andy-Reids-Coaching-Legacy/07fc7258-533b-40df-811a-0cdd3b3910d7

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea too many Sour Grapes

As a 22 year old, Andy Reid's Tenure has encompassed all that I feel is my true Eagles Fandom....sure I was at the game where Irvin laid motionless, and remember watching Cunningham as a kid....but in terms of following and loving this team it was all basically in the Andy Era.

In in that I've been lucky....I had to hear horror stories from my dad who started his fandom around the same age which for him fell in the late 60s- early 70s....if you don't know we were lower than trash then....like Cleveland nowadays but a little worse. Luckily when he was my age Vermeil had us winning again. And we are both Jealous of my Grandpa who in his first 20+ years of fandom saw every single championship ha. But this was the most successful decade plus of eagles football ever in the modern era.

Yes it was full of heartbreak and regret....but damn are there a lot of great memories. 04, 08, Garcia's short era, Miracle in the New Meadowlands, Westy's Miracle, 44-6, 4th-26. Just so many awesome moments and runs.

I'm glad it ended with friendly because he is the best we've had in the modern era, and deserved to be remembered for all that he did here. And according to Lurie he will be by going into the Eagles HoF at some point.

I wish him luck at his next spot...hopefully it's in the AFC because it makes that much easier.

Thanks for the Memories Big Red and this gif

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
oland11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid was an amazing coach who brought us out of the aftermath rubble from the Post-Buddy Ryan era. He was heavily criticized for drafting McNabb over Ricky Williams(Who would later go on to bum status). And he built this team from the ground(Thanks in part to Ray Rhodes for drafting most of the Defense). His teams had the likes of Na Brown, James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell, Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown starting at WR. And Andy still found a way to win. He brought this franchise to a perennial contender each year. R.I.P. Big Red. You will be loved by this city for years to come.
(Personally if we don't erect a status in Dawkins honor, next in line should be AR)

I will never forget the 2004 NFCCG against Atlanta. The 44-6 game against Dallas where we destroyed them. Miracle at New Meadowlands. 2008-09 was supposed to be our year. It was supposed to be the football gods paying us back for so many years of suck and coming up short. Instead the football gods peed in our faces when we lost to the Cardinals. It was the last year with the nucleus from the previous years that got us to all those NFCCGs.

R.I.P. Andy Reid.
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite Andy Reid-era Eagles memory, other than winning the NFC Championship..

December 28th, 2008

The Eagles entered that Sunday with a record of 8-6-1, going up against a 9-6-0 Dallas Cowboys team that had already defeated us 41-37 in Week Two of the NFL season. On that Sunday, the Eagles not only had to win that game against Dallas, but we also needed the improbably victories of the 7-8-0 Houston Texans over the 9-6-0 Chicago Bears, but we also needed the lowly 4-11-0 Oakland Raiders to defeat the also 9-6-0 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Both of those teams played at 1:00 on that particular Sunday afternoon.

The first game to be discussed, the Bears at the Texans, was a close game (24-17 Houston) before Houston took a 31-17 lead with just under 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. We were convinced that one third of the puzzle had been put into place. The Bears score quickly to make the game 31-24 with 1:34 left in the 4th quarter, but Houston recovers the on-sides kick and end the game in "Vicory Formation". Whew.

The second game, the Raiders at the Buccaneers, was also a close game. Too close of a game. The *****Jamarcus Russel*****-led Raiders were tied 14-14 going into the 4th quarter, and doing a great job of keeping the game close. The 4th quarter opened with the Bucs taking a 17-14 lead with 14 minutes to play. The Raiders marched right down the field, only to be Jamarcus Russel'd on the Tampa Bay 26 yard line, where Jamarcus Russel throws a huge interception to Sabby Piscatelli, who runs it back to the Raiders 18 yard line. Two plays later, the score is 24-14, and all I see is our playoff hopes slipping away before we even have a chance to take the field against the hated Cowboys.

The very next series, with the aid of a 43-yard defensive PI call, Jamarcus Russel throws a touchdown pass to to Johnnie Lee Higgins with 10 minutes left in the game to make the score 24-21, Bucs still lead. Tampa Bay, needing a touchdown to take a 10 point lead, gets the ball back, drives down the field to the Oakland 33 yard line where the drive stalls out on 4th and 4. Oakland gets the ball back with 7:26 left in the game, down 24-21 with the playoff hopes of the Philadelphia Eagles on their shoulders.....and Jamarcus Russel is the man who needs to lead a game winning drive.....Jamarcus Russel....Game winning drive???? Man, we're screwed. The only person more inept in the 4th quarter is Donovan McNabb.. We're REALLY screwed..

(In a Lee Corso voice), Not so fast, my friend.

First play from scrimmage, Michael friggin Bush, ran maybe the slowest 67 yard touchdown run I've ever seen in my life. What the hell was this? The Raiders were winning 28-24!! Sweet Jesus, the Eagles are gonna have a shot to make the playoffs after all?? Even after McNabb didn't know we could tie against Cincinnati? Is there a football god out there wearing an Eagles jersey? I don't think I ever celebrated so much for another team's victory. I remember watching Michael Bush run through that Tampa Bay defense as I screamed at the top of my lungs "RUN! RUN! GO! GO! HURRY THE F$#(@*K UP! FASTER! OH MY GOD, ITS BEEN 6 MINUTES AND HES STILL RUNNING! TOUCHDOWN!!"

Miraculously, the Raiders held on to win 31-24 in Tampa, and it set the stage for probably the most satisfying moment I ever had as an Eagles fan. 44-6 over those scrubs from Dallas in a game that would decide the final playoff seed. Here, watch the highlights for yourself, I could write 500 pages about how great that entire game\weekend was, but watch the Merrill-Reece-narrated highlights for yourself. It's much more satisfying. Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIVuYKSXns8
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-marmon/philadelphia-eagles-andy-reid_b_2381732.html
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing TheKingDP, completely forgot that!

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Reid this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-marmon/philadelphia-eagles-andy-reid_b_2381732.html

Love that article

Quote:
And yet, he was brilliant, for both his boldness and his brawn. His first real move was bringing in a linebackers coach from an unremarkable Seattle team. Jim Johnson built Reid's defense into a perennial strike of thunder. Johnson was a mad scientist, and his genius came to Reid's benefit. His schemes and blitzes would put him in the coordinator Hall of Fame, if their was such a thing, and it seems no coincidence the Iggles have not won a playoff game since his death.

Quote:
Reid took a 5'10" running back from Villanova and maximized his talents to perfection. Brian Westbrook would have been a no-name for any other coach; for Reid he set franchise records.

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: