Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Knapp, Frank Pollack, Steve Holland, Johnny Holland Out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be good if Reid was HC for the Chiefs... that means Charles won't get any touches because Reid will pass every down. Laughing

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
early43

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
It would be good if Reid was HC for the Chiefs... that means Charles won't get any touches because Reid will pass every down. Laughing

Charles is a better version of Bryan Westbrook IMO. He might not the rushing totals that he's had in the past, but Reid will def make him the focal point of the entire offense. Rushing/Recieving
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
For everyone so worried about Andy Reid, this is a must read!

http://articles.philly.com/2013-01-02/sports/36113574_1_garrett-reid-andy-reid-head-coach

I read it the other day. Sounds like angry philly fan after a disasterious season. Doesnt speak to his previous acomplishments. Who wouldnt want to help their son no matter what the risk to your job? Jeez

Getting him a job is not helping him it's hurting him.
He's a millionaire and his sons is in dire need of help. Why not quit and spend time with your son, get him some help, go to meetings with him. Move out of Philadelphia.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

http://articles.philly.com/2013-01-02/sports/36113574_1_garrett-reid-andy-reid-head-coach

I read it the other day. Sounds like angry philly fan after a disasterious season. Doesnt speak to his previous acomplishments. Who wouldnt want to help their son no matter what the risk to your job? Jeez

He's a millionaire and his sons is in dire need of help. Why not quit and spend time with your son, get him some help, go to meetings with him. Move out of Philadelphia.

He had done that already and by all accounts at the time he was hired he had been well on his road to recovery. The next step in that process is getting a stable job and start to build up accomplishments. People act like he just pretended things never happened and his son never got help which couldnt be further from the truth. And if I remember correctly his son's issues started in SD and ARI not Philly.

Here is better article for you to read. Its long at least 10 pages so dont miss anything.

http://articles.philly.com/2010-07-18/news/24968597_1_andy-reid-three-prisons-doorsHere is just one excerpt.

Condition critical

That certainly wasn't the case in 2007. The Reid family was in crisis. For years, the Reids had shuttled their eldest son, Garrett, to one drug treatment facility after another. He'd enroll in college, then drop out, play football for a junior college, then quit. After his second stint in an in-patient rehabilitation center, Garrett went to Arizona State and eventually spiraled so far out of control he lost nearly 100 pounds, virtually quit communicating with his parents, and then, finally, living out of his car, cried out for help.

Garrett was all over the map with drugs. Opiate pills when he could get them, heroin when he couldn't. He sold drugs. He took drugs. He bragged about his status as a son of the Eagles' coach.

And then on the second-to-last day of January 2007, with his parents on vacation in Los Angeles, Garrett crashed his car into another in Plymouth Township, injuring the driver. He was high on heroin. Six hours later, Britt Reid was arrested for having flashed a gun at a motorist in West Conshohocken, and, like his brother, was busted with illegal drugs in his possession.

The family's secret was out. Reid subsequently took a 39-day leave of absence from the Eagles, and accompanied his sons to a detox center in Florida. It was condition critical.

Although a team insider said the Luries weren't happy with the negative attention Reid's family problems brought to the franchise, Reid said he never feared he'd get fired over it. He had bigger issues.

"I think you get to the point where you really don't care," Reid said. "You know, when that thing happens, you don't . . ." His voice trailed off.

"That's the right answer," Banner said.
"
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles went to the SB and to 5 straight NFC championships with Reid. He's a good HC. He'll make the Chiefs a better team.
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
bitty wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

He had done that already and by all accounts at the time he was hired he had been well on his road to recovery. The next step in that process is getting a stable job and start to build up accomplishments. People act like he just pretended things never happened and his son never got help which couldnt be further from the truth. And if I remember correctly his son's issues started in SD and ARI not Philly.

Here is better article for you to read. Its long at least 10 pages so dont miss anything.

http://articles.philly.com/2010-07-18/news/24968597_1_andy-reid-three-prisons-doorsHere is just one excerpt.

Condition critical

That certainly wasn't the case in 2007. The Reid family was in crisis. For years, the Reids had shuttled their eldest son, Garrett, to one drug treatment facility after another. He'd enroll in college, then drop out, play football for a junior college, then quit. After his second stint in an in-patient rehabilitation center, Garrett went to Arizona State and eventually spiraled so far out of control he lost nearly 100 pounds, virtually quit communicating with his parents, and then, finally, living out of his car, cried out for help.

Garrett was all over the map with drugs. Opiate pills when he could get them, heroin when he couldn't. He sold drugs. He took drugs. He bragged about his status as a son of the Eagles' coach.

And then on the second-to-last day of January 2007, with his parents on vacation in Los Angeles, Garrett crashed his car into another in Plymouth Township, injuring the driver. He was high on heroin. Six hours later, Britt Reid was arrested for having flashed a gun at a motorist in West Conshohocken, and, like his brother, was busted with illegal drugs in his possession.

The family's secret was out. Reid subsequently took a 39-day leave of absence from the Eagles, and accompanied his sons to a detox center in Florida. It was condition critical.

Although a team insider said the Luries weren't happy with the negative attention Reid's family problems brought to the franchise, Reid said he never feared he'd get fired over it. He had bigger issues.

"I think you get to the point where you really don't care," Reid said. "You know, when that thing happens, you don't . . ." His voice trailed off.

"That's the right answer," Banner said.
"

I'm not expert or anything but I don't think Arizona State is a good place for a recovering drug addict.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

The article also talked about the horrible coaching moves the last couple of years, thats what I was trying to point out.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
The Eagles went to the SB and to 5 straight NFC championships with Reid. He's a good HC. He'll make the Chiefs a better team.

Agreed. He is well respected by players and everyone really....besides Philly fans.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Agreed. He is well respected by players and everyone really....besides Philly fans.

As long as he's not running the FO the Chiefs should be alright. They've got solid pieces here and there and a BEAST in Charles.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
radrshark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
radrshark wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
BNich0622 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Whatever it takes to get it right, I'm just glad that's out of the way

Nice sig. Laughing

Yeah I can't believe I have to look at jr's ugly mug for 5 months Laughing

Hey Oak, looks like you lost a sig bet. Would you mind explaining it? Records for those three QB's as starting QB for Raiders? Hard to believe those numbers, but they don't lie!

better run game, better defense, true #1, = more wins= less bitchin ....thats all im sayin. and for the record im perfectly willing to give tp some more time to develope, but keep palmer around and focus on the crap that is truly holding us back. meanwhile ,if he continues to improve how about that mariota kid? Just a side note, i sure like what i see from him, gimme him or manziel in a perfect world.lol . again just my opinion and obviously i`m talkin in 2 to 3 yrs.

Ncough asked if anyone wanted to sig bet him about Palmer making the pro bowl so I stepped up to the plate but lost the bet lol.

at least ya had the nuts to step up, i`m so tired of the palmer hating, thought it was a shame when cambell got hurt ,he was playin well. but to even put up that pic of that retard,waste of space,lazy, p.o.s. next to those other two is a joke! made me wanna puke in my mouth. palmer isnt peyton, but he isnt as HORRIBLE as all the haters say, at least he`s been in this league for more than a decade (with a few trips to the playoffs and a few pro bowls) he didnt take 40 mil and lazy &stupid his way outta the league in around 3 seasons (and right into charges for a"purple drank" bust.) give palmer a true #1, and a better run game/defense and we`ll see. if i`m wrong ,it wont be the first time. again, after watching the likes of RUSSELL,MARINOVICH (two spoiled, over hyped total retards) brooks, culpepper,george, hobert,hollas,tui,walters,schreoder,boller,mccown,mirer,evans,frye,w.wilson etc. i`m sorry but IMO i`d rather have palmer any day.

i dont understand that argument because you can say that for any qb not just palmer.

I think the point is how many QBs lack a decent line, a true #1 WR, and no run game and still succeed either by stats or record?

What QBs do most people say they want over Palmer in this forum?
Dalton, Peyton, Rivers, Luck, Ryan, Eli, Stafford, Rodger, Newton, Brady, Griffin, Brees, Wilson, Ben... How many of those guys have a line, WRs, and run game as poor as ours? Nobody is arguing that a great run game, line, and WR would make any QB better, we are just saying that Palmer is one of the only QBs in the NFL who is missing all 3, and it clearly limits his effectiveness.

better run game, better d, and #1 rec= more wins =less bitchin.....thats all im sayin.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radrshark wrote:
better run game, better d, and #1 rec= more wins =less bitchin.....thats all im sayin.

He abandons the run even with LeSean McCoy and Bowe is all but gone. Just saying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: