Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Knapp, Frank Pollack, Steve Holland, Johnny Holland Out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I am worried. Chiefs have a talented roster outside of QB. Now they have a better HC than anyone in the AFC West.

This
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
I am worried. Chiefs have a talented roster outside of QB. Now they have a better HC than anyone in the AFC West.

This

He's overrated
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
BNich0622 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Didnt think this deserved a new thread but sounds as if Andy Reid may be headed to KC. Bad news but he still doesnt have a QB unless they are planning on bringing Vick over.

Bad news? He never won anything in Philly. Nothing to be worried about. The Chiefs are even worse than the Raiders.

Like we have been winning here right Rolling Eyes Andy Reid is better than anybody we have in the building at this point. KC has some talent, he will get a QB in there in which he has made bad QBs look at least decent.

Pretty sure that wasn't his point. Pretty sure he was talking about the future competition in the west.

What exactly was the point. Reid is better than anything we have here. He is taken over a roster better than ours. He is gonna to either draft a QB or bring in Vick. Its the same thing as last year, people saying they aint worry about Manning signing with Denver. Huh? Confused And to say Reid has won anything is silly when he has won more games and playoff games than all the coaches in the division combined.

Manning signing with Denver is different, and regardless how about instead of worrying about what other teams are doing we start focusing on what the Raiders need to do so we can win games and not have to worry about it. I never said Reid never won anything, I live near Philly and I think he's a fantastic coach and I'm glad he's out of Philly because the fans are complete d bags to him. I just don't understand why you feel the need yo compare their situation to ours, or bring up the fact that we haven't been winning, what does that have to do with Reid going to kc?
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

This

I don't understand why you're "worrying"

Why are fans afraid of competition? Or is it just no faith that our team will get better?

I'd rather earn a playoff spot rather than limp into one because of a bad division with no realistic shot at the Superbowl. (Broncos last year, Seahawks a few years ago)
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
BNich0622 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Didnt think this deserved a new thread but sounds as if Andy Reid may be headed to KC. Bad news but he still doesnt have a QB unless they are planning on bringing Vick over.

Bad news? He never won anything in Philly. Nothing to be worried about. The Chiefs are even worse than the Raiders.

Like we have been winning here right Rolling Eyes Andy Reid is better than anybody we have in the building at this point. KC has some talent, he will get a QB in there in which he has made bad QBs look at least decent.

Pretty sure that wasn't his point. Pretty sure he was talking about the future competition in the west.

What exactly was the point. Reid is better than anything we have here. He is taken over a roster better than ours. He is gonna to either draft a QB or bring in Vick. Its the same thing as last year, people saying they aint worry about Manning signing with Denver. Huh? Confused And to say Reid has won anything is silly when he has won more games and playoff games than all the coaches in the division combined.

Manning signing with Denver is different, and regardless how about instead of worrying about what other teams are doing we start focusing on what the Raiders need to do so we can win games and not have to worry about it. I never said Reid never won anything, I live near Philly and I think he's a fantastic coach and I'm glad he's out of Philly because the fans are complete d bags to him. I just don't understand why you feel the need yo compare their situation to ours, or bring up the fact that we haven't been winning, what does that have to do with Reid going to kc?

Cause KC and him is in a better situation than we are thats why. If we was good or close to being good, or Allen had some proven track record or anything like that I wouldnt be worried at all what other teams do. But we dont have that luxury right now. We are in the beginning stages of a rebuild which some people still dont want to believe for some reason. I just dont like that people see Reid as overrated or nothing to worry about, like winning superbowls is easy.
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
BNich0622 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Reid is the most overrated coach in the league. He has won nothing since the DC died. Philadelphia was known for a strong defense and McNabb . Since they both left the team what have we learned. Reid know nothing about defense and can't develop a QB. As a GM he had to be one of the worst in the NFL.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

This

Why are fans afraid of competition? Or is it just no faith that our team will get better?

I'd rather earn a playoff spot rather than limp into one because of a bad division with no realistic shot at the Superbowl. (Broncos last year, Seahawks a few years ago)

So you dont think Cowboys, Giants and Eagles are worried about RG3 for the years to come. I cant speak for anybody else but I rather see my division teams get weaker not better, especially if my team has a ways to go to get better also. If we was the Pats I could careless about what the AFC east teams are doing. If I was the Packers, I dont worry to much about what the Central teams are doing. But we arent in that situation yet.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
BNich0622 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Cause KC and him is in a better situation than we are thats why. If we was good or close to being good, or Allen had some proven track record or anything like that I wouldnt be worried at all what other teams do. But we dont have that luxury right now. We are in the beginning stages of a rebuild which some people still dont want to believe for some reason. I just dont like that people see Reid as overrated or nothing to worry about, like winning superbowls is easy.

Ok I feel you on the last part, but if we're In rebuild mode (which I agree) that means we're at least a few years away right? So if you're not expecting to make the playoffs right away then what does it matter? I can see if you just don't think Allen will be good enough to ever have us be contenders, but that's still to be determined.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
BNich0622 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Reid is the most overrated coach in the league. He has won nothing since the DC died. Philadelphia was known for a strong defense and McNabb . Since they both left the team what have we learned. Reid know nothing about defense and can't develop a QB. As a GM he had to be one of the worst in the NFL.

Cant develop a QB. McNabb sucked after he left Reid, Kolb sucked after he left Reid. I agree he does miss that DC. But his hirings has sucked. Eagles had talent. Oline was their biggest problem, a issue he doesnt have in KC.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

This

So you dont think Cowboys, Giants and Eagles are worried about RG3 for the years to come. I cant speak for anybody else but I rather see my division teams get weaker not better, especially if my team has a ways to go to get better also. If we was the Pats I could careless about what the AFC east teams are doing. If I was the Packers, I dont worry to much about what the Central teams are doing. But we arent in that situation yet.

Key word, yet Wink

And Idk if they're worried, it just means your team has to step it's game up. If you deserve to get in you will, if you don't you won't. (And if you do you won't make it far)
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all comes down to your coaches and front office. If we made the right hires then we'll get to where we need to be, if not, well then it's back to square one.
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
BNich0622 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Cant develop a QB. McNabb sucked after he left Reid, Kolb sucked after he left Reid. I agree he does miss that DC. But his hirings has sucked. Eagles had talent. Oline was their biggest problem, a issue he doesnt have in KC.

McNabb was old and Kolb was good for a few games that's all.
If he really developed Kolb then he would have been good at Arizona. It's not like Kolb forgot how to read a defense or to go through his progressions.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with bitty on this one. I've never been a big fan of Reid as a HC. We'll see what happens in KC or wherever he goes. But I can't say I rank him as highly as others do right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone so worried about Andy Reid, this is a must read!

http://articles.philly.com/2013-01-02/sports/36113574_1_garrett-reid-andy-reid-head-coach
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
For everyone so worried about Andy Reid, this is a must read!

http://articles.philly.com/2013-01-02/sports/36113574_1_garrett-reid-andy-reid-head-coach

I read it the other day. Sounds like angry philly fan after a disasterious season. Doesnt speak to his previous acomplishments. Who wouldnt want to help their son no matter what the risk to your job? Jeez

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: