Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Outside Coaching Interview Watch; Updated On Page 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Outside Coaching Interview Watch; Updated On Page 1 Reply with quote

While the exact moves have not yet been decided (At least, as far as I've been told), the Arizona Cardinals are fully expected to make big time changes within either it's front office or it's coaching staff, or both. However, contrary to popular belief, simply firing a mass amount of people will not allow this franchise to put a better product on the field for us fans. Firing a mass amount of people and UPGRADING OVER THEM is what we need to do to accomplish that. Who we replace them with will come down to 2 things IMO: A] Who is available to fill the vacancie and B] Who much competition will we have for those individuals. In this thread, we will be tracking the other expected league vacancies and who those other teams are expected and/or rumored to be filling them with. Rumor stuff is fine for me, so long as it comes from a decently credible source. No random twitter posts or Bleacher Report stuff guys.

I'm going to turn this thread into an official interview watch for all of the other team's head coaching candidates, I think it could be a very useful tool for all of us to track the other moving parts of the 6 teams looking for head coaches and allow us to know who our competition is/isn't for certain coaches.

Last edited by stchamp98 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:31 am; edited 46 times in total
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw that it was posted in another thread, but figured I mention this here...

Adam Schefter reporting Graves, among three other GMs, most likely to lose their jobs after the season.

At this point, I think we would all view it as a major upset if Graves wasn't demoted or fired and Steve Kiem take over.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's try and keep this to outside the franchise type news. We've got lots of other places where we can discuss our own internal personnel.

Sounds like AJ Smith and Norv Turner are both out in San Diego. According to Peter King, Steve Mariucci wants that job; Andy Reid has been floated as a possibility as well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Let's try and keep this to outside the franchise type news. We've got lots of other places where we can discuss our own internal personnel.

Sounds like AJ Smith and Norv Turner are both out in San Diego. According to Peter King, Steve Mariucci wants that job; Andy Reid has been floated as a possibility as well.

Andy Reid could be an option here as well. He's a players coach and an offensive mind. Plus he never seems to have problems getting the most out of his QBs. That's huge.

He is the type of guy that is going to demand a lot of control though and that could be a negative. Plus it also means he probably wouldn't support the 3-4 defense that our personnel is suited for.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Sparano is reportedly out in New York. That'll make another team needing an offensive coordinator.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Tony Sparano is reportedly out in New York. That'll make another team needing an offensive coordinator.

How is the OC of a team with Mark Sanchez & Tim Tebow supposed to keep his job? The Jets need to give him some more time with capable players. It's similar with Miller. Nobody was complaining about play calling before Kolb went down. Oh well business is business.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

How is the OC of a team with Mark Sanchez & Tim Tebow supposed to keep his job? The Jets need to give him some more time with capable players. It's similar with Miller. Nobody was complaining about play calling before Kolb went down. Oh well business is business.

Great points all around. Always easier to fire a coach than it is to admit your players aren't good enough it seems.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be best to go outside the organization for a HC.

Kyle Shanahan
Mike McCoy
Todd Haley
Bruce Arians
Toub(?)
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I think it would be best to go outside the organization for a HC.

Kyle Shanahan
Mike McCoy
Todd Haley
Bruce Arians
Toub(?)

Have yet to hear a convincing argument for McCoy.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Lombardi noted that Ron Rivera is "certainly" out in Carolina. Chip Kelly got floated for that job.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Michael Lombardi noted that Ron Rivera is "certainly" out in Carolina. Chip Kelly got floated for that job.

The one thing the panthers have going for them is Cam Newton. Chip and Newton is a match made in heaven.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to writers from Sports Illustrated, Bills head coach Chan Gailey and Jaguars head coach Mike Mularkey are both out. Jaguars GM Gene Smith is out but the Bills are reportedly 50-50 in Buddy Nix.

It's also been reported that Chip Kelly is seeking quote "near full control" over personnel decisions.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Rivera coach a 3-4 in San Diego for a little bit. If Horton leaves could he be a possible replacement a corner?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
According to writers from Sports Illustrated, Bills head coach Chan Gailey and Jaguars head coach Mike Mularkey are both out. Jaguars GM Gene Smith is out but the Bills are reportedly 50-50 in Buddy Nix.

It's also been reported that Chip Kelly is seeking quote "near full control" over personnel decisions.

I just read the article which listed Andy Reid as a possibility for us. One thing i love about Reid is that he can get the most of his QB's and he would be reunited with Kolb. But i dont like that Reid would have so much control, and i dont like the job he did this year (maybe some had to do with his son).
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid will take a year off if/when he gets canned from Eagles.

He will do TV and then might come back for 2014.

Why has Gruden's name fallen off the radar atm?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: