Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals Coaching Interview Thread; Updated Page 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
I know Bidwill is trying to due his due diligence but if a team wants a HC then they make sure it gets done.

Definitely. Biggest issue for me though is the general manager position. At least with a head coach we're bringing guys in for interviews. If we lose Ray Horton I will be very upset but I'm not going to deny that there are other worthy candidates for the job and that we either have interviewed them or are trying to. General manager? NOTHING. Morocco Brown, that's it and we don't even know if he was any good in the interview. What if he was terrible? Then what? We either need to hire Steve Keim in the next day or two or we need to start bringing in these other worthy GM candidates for interviews right now and stop screwing around. We're literally doing nothing to fill that position and that position is just as important as the head coaching position, likely moreso.

There's Jason Licht too, just in case Keim goes. I would love to know how the McCoy interview went, i wonder if MJ knows something. Yeah it seems that Bidwill wants someone other than Horton because they would have already gotten the Horton deal done and they wouldnt want him interviewing elsewhere. For example, KC wanted Reid, and they made sure they got a deal done and he didnt meet with other teams.

Licht's not a candidate for the position.

As for the Horton-no deal thing, that's a non-issue to me. The last time we hired a head coach, Ken Whisenhunt, we followed this exact same process. Allowed Whiz to interview for the Atlanta job twice before even talking numbers with him. I highly doubt this has anything to do with Bidwill's thoughts on Ray Horton. I all but guarantee it doesn't, as a matter of fact.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
I see that khodder and champ tweeted to MJ. Statistically they aren't top 10, they're #12. vs pass (#5) vs run (#2Cool p/g (#17). The pass defense is great but the run defense is bottom of the league.

1. 9th in yards per play, which is the true indicator. Raw yardage gets flawed if your defense play more plays than every other defense, which we did due to our offense. Jurecki tweeted it, the team was 24th in time of possession last year.
2. Points per game are even worse, as they include all points allowed and not simply defensive points allowed. Pick 6's, special teams scores, fumble returns, those all get counted against the defense. Nevermind all the cheap points offenses got off of short fields...

Yards and Points per drive are also darn good indicators, especially with us having been pout in poor positions by our offense.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats2012

We rank 3rd in yards per drive and 4th in points per drive. Our overall Defensive Drive Score totals to first in the NFL.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to bet 1 or both of Bruce Arians and Kyle Shanahan gets an interview request from us.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I'd be willing to bet 1 or both of Bruce Arians and Kyle Shanahan gets an interview request from us.

Both have been great with young QB's.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Would love that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

While I wouldn't disagree, that is a little skewed. Luck and RG3 were two of the greatest QB talents to come out in years. Luck was the best college prospect at QB since Elway according to basically everyone. That's pretty hard to mess up.

Neither guy will have that here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

While I wouldn't disagree, that is a little skewed. Luck and RG3 were two of the greatest QB talents to come out in years. Luck was the best college prospect at QB since Elway according to basically everyone. That's pretty hard to mess up.

If we got Geno than they would have something to work with. Geno has huge upside. I would have loved to lose out last year and get Luck
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

If we got Geno than they would have something to work with. Geno has huge upside. I would have loved to lose out last year and get Luck

He definitely is something solid to work with but he's nowhere near the level of Andrew Luck or RG3. He's not even close and I say this as a Geno fan.

I'm not saying Shanahan or Arians can't do the job with QBs either but you do have to take this season with a little skepticism. You simply have to. That's how rare Luck and RG3's talents are.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/288094341795303425

this week for Jay Gruden
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

this week for Jay Gruden

I am up and down about it. He is a terrible playcaller, but he knows the game, is smart and knows how to work with Quarterbacks.

Jay witha good playcaller would be a pretty good combination offensively, though we do lack the talent on that side of the football.

AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

this week for Jay Gruden

I am up and down about it. He is a terrible playcaller, but he knows the game, is smart and knows how to work with Quarterbacks.

Jay witha good playcaller would be a pretty good combination offensively, though we do lack the talent on that side of the football.

i think there's a lot of talent with Fitz, Floyd, Roberts, Housler. The problem is they need oline and a QB to get those receivers the ball (Kolb can do it when healthy)
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
i think there's a lot of talent with Fitz, Floyd, Roberts, Housler. The problem is they need oline and a QB to get those receivers the ball (Kolb can do it when healthy)

And I am pretty sure we all know where skill position talent and no QB or OL got us from 02-07ish. I am realyl starting to put a lot of that onto Rod Graves. Lot of skill position talent, nothing at QB, trenches ignored apart from a few late picks and a top 10 pick.

AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Dennis Green was fired it took nearly two weeks to hire Whiz. Maybe Bidwill will move at the same pace.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we move at the exact same pace, we could expect a hire on the 12th. That's Friday. This is all pure speculation and in no way based on anything, just throwing it out there.

That would eliminate Mike McCoy, who can't be hired until Denver is knocked out of the playoffs (Assuming they don't win the whole damn thing).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gruden tomorrow

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 20 of 71

Jump to: