Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals Coaching Interview Thread; Updated Page 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/287976171637964800
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

That what he thinks needs to happen

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gruden knows his X's and O's, but is he willing to give up playcalling? Has been pretty poor all season and it came to a head yesterday.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

That what he thinks needs to happen

Yup. Simply an opinion and an extremely flawed one at that. Saying where is Ray going? How about to the place telling him to prepare for a 2nd interview Mike, how about he could be going there?

Needing an offensive minded head coach to evaluate a QB is just as stupid. That's what coordinators are for.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're discussing Jurecki's opinion tweets, here's the one I direct everyone to:

"Can't leave ths yr but I suspect nxt yr IF Horton isn't the HC he'll leave."

https://twitter.com/mikejurecki

And there's a good chance he takes a lot of assistants with him, as Cioffi and Townsend also have contracts that expire next year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that khodder and champ tweeted to MJ. Statistically they aren't top 10, they're #12. vs pass (#5) vs run (#2Cool p/g (#17). The pass defense is great but the run defense is bottom of the league.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I see that khodder and champ tweeted to MJ. Statistically they aren't top 10, they're #12. vs pass (#5) vs run (#2Cool p/g (#17). The pass defense is great but the run defense is bottom of the league.

1. 9th in yards per play, which is the true indicator. Raw yardage gets flawed if your defense play more plays than every other defense, which we did due to our offense. Jurecki tweeted it, the team was 24th in time of possession last year.
2. Points per game are even worse, as they include all points allowed and not simply defensive points allowed. Pick 6's, special teams scores, fumble returns, those all get counted against the defense. Nevermind all the cheap points offenses got off of short fields...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

1. 9th in yards per play, which is the true indicator. Raw yardage gets flawed if your defense play more plays than every other defense, which we did due to our offense. Jurecki tweeted it, the team was 24th in time of possession last year.
2. Points per game are even worse, as they include all points allowed and not simply defensive points allowed. Pick 6's, special teams scores, fumble returns, those all get counted against the defense. Nevermind all the cheap points offenses got off of short fields...

I agree completely with p/g, but the run defense is very concerning
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

I agree, harped on it for most of the year. That said, our ability to turnover the football over (2nd in the NFL in interceptions this season) and stop teams on 3rd down (2nd in the NFL in opponent 3rd down conversion percentage) have proven to mask those run game woes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

I agree, harped on it for most of the year. That said, our ability to turnover the football over (2nd in the NFL in interceptions this season) and stop teams on 3rd down (2nd in the NFL in opponent 3rd down conversion percentage) have proven to mask those run game woes.

But against teams like the Seahawks and 49ers they need to be able to stop the run to even be in a position to win
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The points per game is actually a really, really bad stat for us to look at. I count 8 non-defensive touchdowns last year. 5 picks 6's, 3 fumbles returned for scored. Take those 56 points getting charged to the defensive. Take away those 56 points and our points alloowed per game goes from 22.3 to 18.8.

Big difference. Huge.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

But against teams like the Seahawks and 49ers they need to be able to stop the run to even be in a position to win

That's true, it definitely is but only to an extent. Especially in San Francisco's case, were Colin Kaepernick has shown to be a little lax in protecting the football.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Bidwill is trying to due his due diligence but if a team wants a HC then they make sure it gets done.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I know Bidwill is trying to due his due diligence but if a team wants a HC then they make sure it gets done.

Definitely. Biggest issue for me though is the general manager position. At least with a head coach we're bringing guys in for interviews. If we lose Ray Horton I will be very upset but I'm not going to deny that there are other worthy candidates for the job and that we either have interviewed them or are trying to. General manager? NOTHING. Morocco Brown, that's it and we don't even know if he was any good in the interview. What if he was terrible? Then what? We either need to hire Steve Keim in the next day or two or we need to start bringing in these other worthy GM candidates for interviews right now and stop screwing around. We're literally doing nothing to fill that position and that position is just as important as the head coaching position, likely moreso.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Definitely. Biggest issue for me though is the general manager position. At least with a head coach we're bringing guys in for interviews. If we lose Ray Horton I will be very upset but I'm not going to deny that there are other worthy candidates for the job and that we either have interviewed them or are trying to. General manager? NOTHING. Morocco Brown, that's it and we don't even know if he was any good in the interview. What if he was terrible? Then what? We either need to hire Steve Keim in the next day or two or we need to start bringing in these other worthy GM candidates for interviews right now and stop screwing around. We're literally doing nothing to fill that position and that position is just as important as the head coaching position, likely moreso.

There's Jason Licht too, just in case Keim goes. I would love to know how the McCoy interview went, i wonder if MJ knows something. Yeah it seems that Bidwill wants someone other than Horton because they would have already gotten the Horton deal done and they wouldnt want him interviewing elsewhere. For example, KC wanted Reid, and they made sure they got a deal done and he didnt meet with other teams.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 19 of 71

Jump to: