Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals Coaching Interview Thread; Updated Page 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that most scare me right now is the none of the candidates that we are talking over are actually that good. We are talking about unknowns and worse.

Nobody else is interested in Haley, Gruden said he wants to go back to Cincinnati. Horton obviously interviewed well, but is not forming a good offensive staff. If push comes to shove I would say Horton would be the guy hired.

I am not big on McCoy, but he seems interesting and if we can get some of his choices for a staff released seems like 1= or at worst #2 on the chart.

Think McCoy wants to bring Adam Gase with him? The other option which I could see very much getting declined is Geep Chryst.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Last edited by khodder on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jurecki suggested on twitter that McCoy may not want to come here for fear that it's not the right situation for him. My buddy didn't seem to know much about that but he did suggest that Jay Gruden might not be too excited about coming. Said someone who was in the Gruden interview told him he wasn't very enthusiastic about being there.

He said both Horton and Haley "definitely" want the position.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally 2 seconds from my buddy:

"May be an interview next week with a coach in the NFC playoffs. Mike's trying to set something up we'll see that happens"

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

"May be an interview next week with a coach in the NFC playoffs. Mike's trying to set something up we'll see that happens"

Bevell or Clements. My thoughts sits with Bevell.

Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All interesting but are they really willing to risk losing Horton after the season by not hiring him as the HC.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
My buddy was very vague but here's kinda what I gathered from him:

-Bidwill/Keim aren't "excited" about Horton's offensive staff choices
-Mike McCoy interview was good not great and they think some of McCoy's offensive staff choices will be blocked from coming here
-Gruden's interview was ok
-Haley wants to be guaranteed the job and doesn't want to have to interview for it

He said Keim and Bidwill are considered interviewing more candidates but nothing's been decided. Going over names as we speak, apparently.

The bolded is amazing to me! How in the world does someone get so far in the highest tier of his profession and not have the will to compete, to interview?!? And he is going to expect that his players and the rest of his staff give 100%?! Haley just became my WTF Hire, moving McCoy up. Freakin' pathetic. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
My buddy was very vague but here's kinda what I gathered from him:

-Bidwill/Keim aren't "excited" about Horton's offensive staff choices
-Mike McCoy interview was good not great and they think some of McCoy's offensive staff choices will be blocked from coming here
-Gruden's interview was ok
-Haley wants to be guaranteed the job and doesn't want to have to interview for it

He said Keim and Bidwill are considered interviewing more candidates but nothing's been decided. Going over names as we speak, apparently.

The bolded is amazing to me! How in the world does someone get so far in the highest tier of his profession and not have the will to compete, to interview?!? And he is going to expect that his players and the rest of his staff give 100%?! Haley just became my WTF Hire, moving McCoy up. Freakin' pathetic. Rolling Eyes

The rumors state that Tomlin actually wants Kirby Wilson to be the Steelers offensice coordinator. Tomlin was apparently set to make Wilson the OC last offseason but then if you recall Wilson was involved in a tragic fire that left 3rd degree burns over most of his body. Nobody knew if he was even going to come back to football, so the Steelers went and acquired Haley. Now that Wilson is back and still really into coaching, Haley is clinging to his job. He's afraid that if he doesn't show full commitment to Pittsburgh, they'll dump him for Wilson and if he doesn't get the Cardinals job, he's unemployed.

That's the rumors anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Bevell or Clements. My thoughts sits with Bevell.

Clements is great with QB's though. Maybe Bidwill wants to have him fix Kolb and make him look like Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Jurecki suggested on twitter that McCoy may not want to come here for fear that it's not the right situation for him. My buddy didn't seem to know much about that but he did suggest that Jay Gruden might not be too excited about coming. Said someone who was in the Gruden interview told him he wasn't very enthusiastic about being there.

He said both Horton and Haley "definitely" want the position.

Who is "He"? Is it your buddy or Jurecki?

stchamp98 wrote:
The rumors state that Tomlin actually wants Kirby Wilson to be the Steelers offensice coordinator. Tomlin was apparently set to make Wilson the OC last offseason but then if you recall Wilson was involved in a tragic fire that left 3rd degree burns over most of his body. Nobody knew if he was even going to come back to football, so the Steelers went and acquired Haley. Now that Wilson is back and still really into coaching, Haley is clinging to his job. He's afraid that if he doesn't show full commitment to Pittsburgh, they'll dump him for Wilson and if he doesn't get the Cardinals job, he's unemployed.

That's the rumors anyway.

I had forgotten about the circumstances of Haley's hiring. Here's the thing though, if Haley really does want the HC job and has confidence in his ability and the desire, he takes the interview. If he'd rather stay with Pittsburgh as an OC, he shouldn't have traveled to AZ in the 1st place and just politely declined the interview! Any reasonable executive is going to understand one of his assistant coaches taking an interview with a team for a higher position, so his alleged "fear" doesn't hold water with me.

I'm certainly not going to feel sorry for Haley's situation. Whether it's a lack of drive or confidence or an entitlement issue, either way, I don't want him coaching in any capacity on any team I'm a fan of.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. He is my buddy.
2. I agree with you on all points.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is kind of encouraging that Horton's choice for OC (Kirby Wilson) was highly thought of by Tomlin who wanted to make him OC. Kind of makes me think more of Wilson.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Clements is great with QB's though. Maybe Bidwill wants to have him fix Kolb and make him look like Rodgers

No doubt. I have said it before, if you look at Aaron Rodgers he has Tom Clements' fingerprints all over him.

Just not 100% sure he is ready for a HC job, I would love him (and Rick Dennison) to get an interview, just not sure he will.

AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

No doubt. I have said it before, if you look at Aaron Rodgers he has Tom Clements' fingerprints all over him.

Just not 100% sure he is ready for a HC job, I would love him (and Rick Dennison) to get an interview, just not sure he will.

I would actually be happy if Clements was the HC but i dont see it happening. He could bring in a good staff too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Denver gets knocked out today, then i see the coaching search speeding up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
If Denver gets knocked out today, then i see the coaching search speeding up.

I dont see why it would speed up. But I do like that we aren't rushing it

Deadpulse

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 35 of 71

Jump to: