Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals Coaching Interview Thread; Updated Page 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"According to a league source, Keimís salary is around $1.3 million a year."

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/kentsomers/2013/01/16/arizona-cardinals-coach-search-continues-and-other-notes/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12528
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
I can't imagine Keim and Michael hiring a guy with a near identical pedigree to Whiz.

Makes ZERO sense.


Well their personalities aren't identical listening to Arians on the radio. He's a complete 180 from Whiz. Maybe MB wants a different voice since the old message wasn't getting thru.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
I can't imagine Keim and Michael hiring a guy with a near identical pedigree to Whiz.

Makes ZERO sense.


Well their personalities aren't identical listening to Arians on the radio. He's a complete 180 from Whiz. Maybe MB wants a different voice since the old message wasn't getting thru.


It'll be much the same message, however. Just a different messenger.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50826
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
I can't imagine Keim and Michael hiring a guy with a near identical pedigree to Whiz.

Makes ZERO sense.


Well their personalities aren't identical listening to Arians on the radio. He's a complete 180 from Whiz. Maybe MB wants a different voice since the old message wasn't getting thru.


New message same scheme is not making any difference here. The game is played on the field, Ken was fired because of poor offensive production. People here wanted Ken gone because he refused to adapt his scheme to the personnel. Now we are going to go out and hire a guy whose offensive philosophy is darn near identical to what Ken Whisenhunt ran.

That makes no sense at all.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/292033476373393408

How Arians offense differs from Whiz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50826
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/292033476373393408

How Arians offense differs from Whiz


Basically says I use the same offense, but with a smaller playbook, have added in a lot of screens found in the college game and I use a different verbiage.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/292033476373393408

How Arians offense differs from Whiz


Changed the verbiage. Ok.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/292033476373393408

How Arians offense differs from Whiz


Changed the verbiage. Ok.


yeah all i read is the terminology is different, but the scheme is the same.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/292033476373393408

How Arians offense differs from Whiz


Changed the verbiage. Ok.


yeah all i read is the terminology is different, but the scheme is the same.


Yup. All Arians says is he took a big play book and changed the route terms so to make it easier to read. That's fine, might even be legitimately helpful to the players but it's the same offensive scheme and design once the ball is snapped. It's the same route tree with the same 5-7 step drops and the same protections.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50826
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/292033476373393408

How Arians offense differs from Whiz


Changed the verbiage. Ok.


yeah all i read is the terminology is different, but the scheme is the same.


Yup. All Arians says is he took a big play book and changed the route terms so to make it easier to read. That's fine, might even be legitimately helpful to the players but it's the same offensive scheme and design once the ball is snapped. It's the same route tree with the same 5-7 step drops and the same protections.


The same one that the entire Cardinals fan base was screaming at Whis for not changing to suit the personnel.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/292033476373393408

How Arians offense differs from Whiz


Changed the verbiage. Ok.


yeah all i read is the terminology is different, but the scheme is the same.


Yup. All Arians says is he took a big play book and changed the route terms so to make it easier to read. That's fine, might even be legitimately helpful to the players but it's the same offensive scheme and design once the ball is snapped. It's the same route tree with the same 5-7 step drops and the same protections.


The same one that the entire Cardinals fan base was screaming at Whis for not changing to suit the personnel.


The very same.

I don't hate it personally, it just takes a lot of moving parts to make it work. Rich Bartel kept talking about how the playbook is easy to learn and it may be but in terms of play design this is one of the most complex offensive systems in all of professional sports. It takes so much to make it work and it takes a very specific type of player. It's really hard to successfully put it together, IMHO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iRobot


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 789
Location: Mesa, AZ
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Dan Bickley: Jurecki is reporting that Horton wants out of AZ.

Story on AZCentral. It's Bickley, so take it for what it may be worth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Bickley's a complete and utter moron and a hack writer to boot. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he finally got one right with this story.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Dan Bickley's a complete and utter moron and a hack writer to boot. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he finally got one right with this story.


I don't care if he wants out, no way they can justify releasing him from his contract.

He will be here next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Dan Bickley's a complete and utter moron and a hack writer to boot. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he finally got one right with this story.


I don't care if he wants out, no way they can justify releasing him from his contract.

He will be here next year.


I disagree. The last thing you want is a coaching rift and it's obvious we're headed toward one if this report true. Coaches backbiting each other will gut a team quicker than any roster problem could.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 69 of 71

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group