Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Any takers? I wanted to take a flyer on him last year, but he is looking for a big contract now. Would solve a big need in the secondary.

per rotoworld
Quote:
ESPN New York considers free agent SS LaRon Landry "highly unlikely" to re-sign with the Jets.
A clause in Landry's one-year contract prevents the Jets from franchise tagging him, and he's already made it clear he won't accept a hometown discount. Beat writer Rich Cimini believes the Jets simply "won't be able to afford him." Landry is going to be seeking big money on a long-term deal at age 28.

Landry was good this year i would personally like Landry i just dont think he'll want to come here if we still have Babs but id want Landry if it were a realistic chance

It's real simple. I'd cut or trade Babs in a heartbeat, let Griffin walk right after the SuperBowl, then go hard after Landry. I'd try to sign him to a contract similar to what Griffin was making. BOOM!!! Immediate upgrade at the Safety position by leaps and bounds. That would give us more wiggle room in the draft.

I wont disagree but even if we just cut Babs and signed Landry i can live with that as well you just see what good Saftey play can do for a team. We need an upgrade plain an simple

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 3 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 1 Assist 1 Sack
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Any takers? I wanted to take a flyer on him last year, but he is looking for a big contract now. Would solve a big need in the secondary.

per rotoworld
Quote:
ESPN New York considers free agent SS LaRon Landry "highly unlikely" to re-sign with the Jets.
A clause in Landry's one-year contract prevents the Jets from franchise tagging him, and he's already made it clear he won't accept a hometown discount. Beat writer Rich Cimini believes the Jets simply "won't be able to afford him." Landry is going to be seeking big money on a long-term deal at age 28.

Landry was good this year i would personally like Landry i just dont think he'll want to come here if we still have Babs but id want Landry if it were a realistic chance

It's real simple. I'd cut or trade Babs in a heartbeat, let Griffin walk right after the SuperBowl, then go hard after Landry. I'd try to sign him to a contract similar to what Griffin was making. BOOM!!! Immediate upgrade at the Safety position by leaps and bounds. That would give us more wiggle room in the draft.

I wont disagree but even if we just cut Babs and signed Landry i can live with that as well you just see what good Saftey play can do for a team. We need an upgrade plain an simple

I hear ya. Very Happy The bottom line is getting Landry, period. But the problem with keeping Griffin around (other than his play) is that's way too much money being tied up at the Safety position with him and Landry. And like I said before, Griffin's performance on the field is more of a liability to us than an asset. So let him go, along with Babs. Have Landry starting at FS with Markelle Martin as the front runner but still competing for the SS spot. Then we can pick up another DB in the later rounds for added depth.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
lamont wrote:

per rotoworld
Quote:

I hear ya. Very Happy The bottom line is getting Landry, period. But the problem with keeping Griffin around (other than his play) is that's way too much money being tied up at the Safety position with him and Landry. And like I said before, Griffin's performance on the field is more of a liability to us than an asset. So let him go, along with Babs. Have Landry starting at FS with Markelle Martin as the front runner but still competing for the SS spot. Then we can pick up another DB in the later rounds for added depth.

If for some reason that happened id give Rob Johnson the first crack but keep him on a short leash but def want to see if martin has learned anything

Sig by daboyle250

Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Chip Kelly to Cleveland im sorry i just dont know why people go to Cleveland. They were competitive in alot of games this year there getting better but man its tough to do well there

Sig by daboyle250

Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Man Chip Kelly to Cleveland im sorry i just dont know why people go to Cleveland.

LMAO!!!

I think it's called "Wishful Thinking".
Laughing
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
Man Chip Kelly to Cleveland im sorry i just dont know why people go to Cleveland.

LMAO!!!

I think it's called "Wishful Thinking".
Laughing

Its just a tough place to succeed in i mean the other 3 teams have a solid core of guys outside of Richardson on offense theres not much there and there defense is actually ok its just never good enough to compete with the big boys im just shocked hes going there he could of went to SD and prob got full control with the best available starting QB that doesnt have a head coach right now. Carolina was prob his second best option you could even argue his first. Then the city of Philadelphia he could of became the next big thing there im just shocked he chose Cleveland

Sig by daboyle250

Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Mike Tice wont be interviewing after all

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/194/titans-offense

I didnt want him anyways

Sig by daboyle250

Brodie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, rams fan here. cousin is a big titans fan and ive watched a lot of Jared Cook. Dude is crazy athletic. What are the chances he leaves? Know he was angry earlier in the year but not sure if he was getting a bit more involved as the season went on

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Hey, rams fan here. cousin is a big titans fan and ive watched a lot of Jared Cook. Dude is crazy athletic. What are the chances he leaves? Know he was angry earlier in the year but not sure if he was getting a bit more involved as the season went on

Last I read he said if he was to return he wanted guarantees of being involved in the offense. Honestly my feeling is that the FO lets him walk. I'd like to see him back because he has crazy talent, but I doubt we pay him.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, please understand that Landry is a medium range SS, not a FS. Unless you think Rob Johnson or Markelle Martin is ready to man FS, you can't just sign him and cut Griffin. The position they play, despite being "safety" is pretty damn different.

That said, I would love to see some of our big cap money spent on Laron Landry. Him and Griffin together would be a much better combo than Babs, and he'd make a big impact for us.
coleman51

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know where to put this, but enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7xksmk0ghc

Forgot about this play before stumbling upon it on youtube.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
VY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Brodie wrote:

Last I read he said if he was to return he wanted guarantees of being involved in the offense. Honestly my feeling is that the FO lets him walk. I'd like to see him back because he has crazy talent, but I doubt we pay him.

Who knows... but if we franchised Bo Scaife I could see them doing that with Cook.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130107/SPORTS01/130107014/Titans-eye-ways-help-Locker

I'm glad Palmer is gone. Way too much for, basically a rookie, to handle.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: #Titans tight ends coach John Zernhelt has been relieved of his duties with one year left on his contract”

UTMoc10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is if we stick with Jerry Gray instead of bringing in Rob Ryan I'll be pissed. Evil or Very Mad
Kendall Wright - 6 rec 46 yds 1 TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 7 of 86

Jump to: