Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
lmao...we're just going to keep the same pathetic staff. This organization is a joke.

Even if we did let go of our guys it would be extremely hard to get a guy in like Norv Turner or Ron Rivera to be a coordinator because they don't know how long Munch will be there. They would basically be signing a one year contract. I don't know about you, but I'd want more stability than that.

If people thought we were just going to assemble this "dream team" of assistant coaches then they were living in Fantasy Land.

Turner as OC
Rivera as DC
Might as well kept going and said Bruce Arians as QB Coach
Mike Nolan as LB Coach
Lovie Smith as D-Line Coach
Nick Saban as Defensive Backs coach

I don't think anybody thought that, but the fact of the matter is we're keeping the statistically worst DC in team history and an OC that has shown nothing.

It's embarrassing. This team is satisfied with failure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
lmao...we're just going to keep the same pathetic staff. This organization is a joke.

Even if we did let go of our guys it would be extremely hard to get a guy in like Norv Turner or Ron Rivera to be a coordinator because they don't know how long Munch will be there. They would basically be signing a one year contract. I don't know about you, but I'd want more stability than that.

If people thought we were just going to assemble this "dream team" of assistant coaches then they were living in Fantasy Land.

Turner as OC
Rivera as DC
Mike Nolan as LB Coach

I don't think anybody thought that, but the fact of the matter is we're keeping the statistically worst DC in team history and an OC that has shown nothing.

I'm going to give Loggains more time before calling him a "failure." He inherited Palmers offense, he didn't have time to implement anything he wanted. Not to mention Jake was playing with 3rd string lineman most of the time Loggains was OC.

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Turner as OC
Rivera as DC
Mike Nolan as LB Coach

A change at the top (Bud Adams) is the only thing that will turn this Titantic around. The ship has left port and is on a collision course with the icebergs. Make sure you have your seat on the lifeboats. Women and children first... Rolling Eyes Shocked

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Turner as OC
Rivera as DC
Mike Nolan as LB Coach

I'm not one to advocate for wholesale changes, but I think now is the time.

Although, it kind of makes me wonder if maybe we're going to keep Gray and wait for Schwartz to be fired from the Lions HC position.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I realized that Munchak would stay, I pretty much knew that we wouldn't make that many drastic changes. Like others have said, it's doubtful that any coach would want to come here knowing that it may only be for a year. I believe this next season is going to be huge for this organization. It's a make or break year for Munchak, Loggains, Gray, Locker and maybe even Webster. I for one, can't wait to see how it turns out.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Turner as OC
Rivera as DC
Mike Nolan as LB Coach

Although, it kind of makes me wonder if maybe we're going to keep Gray and wait for Schwartz to be fired from the Lions HC position.

Sorry dude, but that makes no sense.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
s_camp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Turner as OC
Rivera as DC
Mike Nolan as LB Coach

So, you're saying it's definitely gonna happen?
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Turner as OC
Rivera as DC
Mike Nolan as LB Coach

I read it on some sports website that Munchak could be waiting for Schwartz since they worked together before. Also, if Schwartz is free next year they may hire him to be a DC for one year and if Munchak doesn't do well, promote him to HC.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
Why the hell is there still no word on Jerry Gray? Now is the time to find a DC.

Because he will be back as the DC next year. He made strides near the end became more aggressive. Games early defense played good offense was anemic hard for a defense to play well battling short fields and no rest all game.

Granted I wouldn't mind a new one but Gray did make strides but with keeping the same OC around I guess that means same issues will arise. Here's to another mediocre up and down year just good enough to assure us with a mid 1st rounder and everyone to keep their jobs. If not promoting within.

I don't understand this. In the beginning of the season, we were on pace for having the worst defense of all time for points allowed- historically bad. Then, instead of having an NFL record for points allowed, we have a team record. How is this a guy that deserves another year? I don't care how bad the circumstance were that he had to deal with- having a historically bad defense is not acceptable, or it shouldn't be at least. This is such an embarassing team. We need wholesale change, and yet, we promote Loggains and keep Gray? We had a terrible team- one that should have gotten higher than the 10th pick and nothing really happens. Midseason- Palmer wasn't even the problem, ti was the defenese, and yet, he's the only one to be fired.

Oh I agree with you but I have to find some solace of reason why he is sticking around. That is the answer even if it is a pathetic reason I have to keep telling myself that to keep faith with this team.

But yes we are pathetic horrid season no signs of a bright future what so ever (in my eyes) and NOTHING is changing except for a guy that's job was sooo minuscule the title won't even be there next year.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
lamont wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Turner as OC
Rivera as DC
Mike Nolan as LB Coach

I read it on some sports website that Munchak could be waiting for Schwartz since they worked together before. Also, if Schwartz is free next year they may hire him to be a DC for one year and if Munchak doesn't do well, promote him to HC.

In other words, one of my worst nightmares come to life. Unless he's going to coach the Volunteers or somebody, I don't Jim Schwartz anywhere near Tennessee looking for a coaching job.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any takers? I wanted to take a flyer on him last year, but he is looking for a big contract now. Would solve a big need in the secondary.

per rotoworld
Quote:
ESPN New York considers free agent SS LaRon Landry "highly unlikely" to re-sign with the Jets.
A clause in Landry's one-year contract prevents the Jets from franchise tagging him, and he's already made it clear he won't accept a hometown discount. Beat writer Rich Cimini believes the Jets simply "won't be able to afford him." Landry is going to be seeking big money on a long-term deal at age 28.

titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst part about keeping Munch... look at all the teams Kelly is planning to interview with. Gotta think we'd have had a chance to at least interview the guy.

As for Laron, he's not going to come cheap, but he'd be a significant upgrade.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Worst part about keeping Munch... look at all the teams Kelly is planning to interview with. Gotta think we'd have had a chance to at least interview the guy.

As for Laron, he's not going to come cheap, but he'd be a significant upgrade.

I know. Sad

And I was on the Kelly bandwagon.

Maybe he will not be interested in the Browns and will go with us next season after we inevitably fail.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Any takers? I wanted to take a flyer on him last year, but he is looking for a big contract now. Would solve a big need in the secondary.

per rotoworld
Quote:
ESPN New York considers free agent SS LaRon Landry "highly unlikely" to re-sign with the Jets.
A clause in Landry's one-year contract prevents the Jets from franchise tagging him, and he's already made it clear he won't accept a hometown discount. Beat writer Rich Cimini believes the Jets simply "won't be able to afford him." Landry is going to be seeking big money on a long-term deal at age 28.

Landry was good this year i would personally like Landry i just dont think he'll want to come here if we still have Babs but id want Landry if it were a realistic chance

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
lamont wrote:

per rotoworld
Quote:

Landry was good this year i would personally like Landry i just dont think he'll want to come here if we still have Babs but id want Landry if it were a realistic chance

It's real simple. I'd cut or trade Babs in a heartbeat, let Griffin walk right after the SuperBowl, then go hard after Landry. I'd try to sign him to a contract similar to what Griffin was making. BOOM!!! Immediate upgrade at the Safety position by leaps and bounds. That would give us more wiggle room in the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 6 of 86

Jump to: