Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@jwyattsports

John Shoop has interviewed with the #Titans for a quarterback coach position, per http://ESPNChicago.com .
Doesn't sound like good news for Dowell Loggains.

I'm a NC fan, if we can adopt UNC's offense I'll be happy. I love the balance and the way they run their offense.

They were #8 in the country with 40 points a game. They pull their lineman to run and bootleg.

FYI
Johnathan Cooper OG for UNC. I want him in the 2nd.
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports

I'm expecting Dowell Loggains to be the #Titans offensive coordinator in 2013 after geting promoted at the end of 2012 season

Well after such an impressive audition, how could he not be given the job?

But yes, this is all Mike Reinfeldt's fault. He must go! Laughing Rolling Eyes
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really though, I just don't get it. What has Loggains done to deserve this promotion?

Yes, I'm not around the team so I can't really pretend to know everything that goes on behind the scenes, but from an outsider's perspective, he's been the QB coach for Vince Young, whose story is well known, and Jake Locker, who has really failed to progress in any way since we drafted him.

And in his five games as the offensive coordinator, the overall productivity of the offense took a big step backwards while Jake Locker's game took a massive hit. I just can't possibly understand why, if we are looking at hiring from within, it wouldn't be Tom Moore. But really, after this season, we have no business looking to fill the position from within regardless.

Let the start of another frustrating offseason begin I suppose.
Double Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loggains was that young up and comer type that generated a decent amount of excitement around here when he was promoted. Should we just fire him because he didn't create a decent offense while taking over towards the end of the year? I'm actually fine with him getting a chance to stick around considering the things I've read about him and his potential.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Agent wrote:
Loggains was that young up and comer type that generated a decent amount of excitement around here when he was promoted. Should we just fire him because he didn't create a decent offense while taking over towards the end of the year? I'm actually fine with him getting a chance to stick around considering the things I've read about him and his potential.
My issue is...what exactly has he done to generate that excitement? Was it his work with Vince Young? Or all the progress we have seen from Jake Locker? Or maybe the high octane and original playcalling we got to witness in the last five games?

He may have a great football mind, but I'd like to see some actual progress from the players he is in charge of coaching before handing over the reins of our offense to him. I was optimistic when we promoted him, but looking back, I don't even know why. Most of us were simply happy to have Palmer gone. Munch's job is on the line, I'd like to see him move away from the status quo that failed us so often this season.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Double Agent wrote:
My issue is...what exactly has he done to generate that excitement? Was it his work with Vince Young? Or all the progress we have seen from Jake Locker? Or maybe the high octane and original playcalling we got to witness in the last five games?

He may have a great football mind, but I'd like to see some actual progress from the players he is in charge of coaching before handing over the reins of our offense to him. I was optimistic when we promoted him, but looking back, I don't even know why. Most of us were simply happy to have Palmer gone. Munch's job is on the line, I'd like to see him move away from the status quo that failed us so often this season.

To be fair on the VY point, VY made a lot of progress throwing the football in 2009 and 2010..just didn't mature mentally.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Shoop is probably the worst offensive coordinator of all time. I remember watching his offenses as a kid when he was with the Bears. I would be like "Dad why dont they throw the ball down the field on 3rd down instead of just a screen pass??"

Mr. Deeluxx never had an answer. Hiring Shoop would be idiotic and everyone in Chicago would laugh at us and especially me and latinoaustino.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
John Shoop is probably the worst offensive coordinator of all time. I remember watching his offenses as a kid when he was with the Bears. I would be like "Dad why dont they throw the ball down the field on 3rd down instead of just a screen pass??"

Mr. Deeluxx never had an answer. Hiring Shoop would be idiotic and everyone in Chicago would laugh at us and especially me and latinoaustino.

Sounds like our guy then.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Really though, I just don't get it. What has Loggains done to deserve this promotion?

Yes, I'm not around the team so I can't really pretend to know everything that goes on behind the scenes, but from an outsider's perspective, he's been the QB coach for Vince Young, whose story is well known, and Jake Locker, who has really failed to progress in any way since we drafted him.

And in his five games as the offensive coordinator, the overall productivity of the offense took a big step backwards while Jake Locker's game took a massive hit. I just can't possibly understand why, if we are looking at hiring from within, it wouldn't be Tom Moore. But really, after this season, we have no business looking to fill the position from within regardless.

Let the start of another frustrating offseason begin I suppose.

That is incorrect. Craig Johnson was QBs coach with the Titans from 2000-10. He left when Fisher got the boot and that is when Loggains got promoted to QBs coach under Munch. Craig Johnson was steakhouse king's QB coach.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
Why the hell is there still no word on Jerry Gray? Now is the time to find a DC.

Because he will be back as the DC next year. He made strides near the end became more aggressive. Games early defense played good offense was anemic hard for a defense to play well battling short fields and no rest all game.

Granted I wouldn't mind a new one but Gray did make strides but with keeping the same OC around I guess that means same issues will arise. Here's to another mediocre up and down year just good enough to assure us with a mid 1st rounder and everyone to keep their jobs. If not promoting within.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
-Hope-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao...we're just going to keep the same pathetic staff. This organization is a joke.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:

To be fair, Chicago didn't field the greatest stable of QB talent in those years. For that matter, they didn't have a whole lot of offensive talent in general.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
lmao...we're just going to keep the same pathetic staff. This organization is a joke.

Even if we did let go of our guys it would be extremely hard to get a guy in like Norv Turner or Ron Rivera to be a coordinator because they don't know how long Munch will be there. They would basically be signing a one year contract. I don't know about you, but I'd want more stability than that.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Even if we did let go of our guys it would be extremely hard to get a guy in like Norv Turner or Ron Rivera to be a coordinator because they don't know how long Munch will be there. They would basically be signing a one year contract. I don't know about you, but I'd want more stability than that.

If people thought we were just going to assemble this "dream team" of assistant coaches then they were living in Fantasy Land.

Turner as OC
Rivera as DC
Might as well kept going and said Bruce Arians as QB Coach
Mike Nolan as LB Coach
Lovie Smith as D-Line Coach
Nick Saban as Defensive Backs coach
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
Why the hell is there still no word on Jerry Gray? Now is the time to find a DC.

Because he will be back as the DC next year. He made strides near the end became more aggressive. Games early defense played good offense was anemic hard for a defense to play well battling short fields and no rest all game.

Granted I wouldn't mind a new one but Gray did make strides but with keeping the same OC around I guess that means same issues will arise. Here's to another mediocre up and down year just good enough to assure us with a mid 1st rounder and everyone to keep their jobs. If not promoting within.

I don't understand this. In the beginning of the season, we were on pace for having the worst defense of all time for points allowed- historically bad. Then, instead of having an NFL record for points allowed, we have a team record. How is this a guy that deserves another year? I don't care how bad the circumstance were that he had to deal with- having a historically bad defense is not acceptable, or it shouldn't be at least. This is such an embarassing team. We need wholesale change, and yet, we promote Loggains and keep Gray? We had a terrible team- one that should have gotten higher than the 10th pick and nothing really happens. Midseason- Palmer wasn't even the problem, ti was the defenese, and yet, he's the only one to be fired.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 5 of 86

Jump to: