Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports
Titans General Manager Ruston Webster said top priorities include improving offensive line and defensive line

Quote:
@jwyattsports
Webster said he wants to keep tight end Jared Cook and expects him to be with team in 2013

Quote:
@jwyattsports
Webster said he expects Jake Locker to be ready for offseason workouts in June. Recovering well from shoulder injury, he said

Quote:
@jwyattsports
Adding a second running back to help Chris Johnson also a key, Webster said

Quote:
@jwyattsports
Webster said the Titans want returner Darius Reynaud back in 2013

Quote:
@jwyattsports
Webster said Titans won't have to cut anyone for cap reasons but could make moves based on additions in free agency and draft

Quote:
@jwyattsports
Webster said the Titans also want Bironas back and plan to meet with his reps at combine

Quote:
@TitanInsider247
Munchak says #Titans should be active early in few agency.

Quote:
@TitanInsider247
Munchak says #Titans will have a fullback on the roster even though he may play only a handful of snaps.

Quote:
@TitanInsider247 Mike Munchak says Chance Warmack can be a special guard in the NFL.

Quote:
@TitanInsider247 Munchak says WR not a big need area but changes still possible at the position if right player is there

Quote:
@jwyattsports Munchak said Cook, Marks and Bironas are all big priorities. Said they might want to test free agency, however

Quote:
@TitanInsider247 Munchak stated again that Jerry Gray will call defensive plays but Gregg Williams will have a role and be a resource.
Until he is fired. Twisted Evil

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

per rotoworld.

Quote:
GM Ruston Webster said he would like to acquire a change-of-pace back.
The Titans don't appear interested in re-signing free agent Javon Ringer, who has missed 27 games due to injury over the last four seasons. Perhaps they'll show some interest in speedy draft prospects such as Clemson's Andre Ellington or North Carolina's Giovani Bernard. Chris Johnson has been remarkably durable, but he does have 1,693 touches on his tires since 2008.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports
The #Titans plan to make a tender offer to offensive lineman Fernando Velasco, a restricted free agent

Good news. Cool

justing101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything sounds good so far....... except no mention of a need for safety!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Everything sounds good so far....... except no mention of a need for safety!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Given we have so much money in Griffin, we may just take the route of making the D around him great so we can cover up his mistakes.

Kind of an [inappropriate/removed]-backwards way of doing things, but whatever.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Given we have so much money in Griffin, we may just take the route of making the D around him great so we can cover up his mistakes.

Kind of an [inappropriate/removed]-backwards way of doing things, but whatever.

I think the old saying goes, "you can't put lipstick on a pig". Well the Titan's pig wears dreads and hails from Austin, Texas. Brick wall

SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad the front office is getting serious about addressing the weak trenches. Kam Wimbley isn't bad. The young DTs really dropped off this year and I think they would remiss not to consider spending a high draft pick on DT if there is an elite prospect available. I also like the talk about Chance Warmack. The Titans line is broken. It must be improved.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think big money at an OG early. They will probably camp out at Levitrie or Vasquez's home so they can talk to him at midnight...lol Shoot send Bruce one place and Munchak the other get both...lol

Then draft a Center/OG in the 2nd/3rd.

If a saftey makes it to FA, I think they will seek them out also. Delmas is going to be a FA, but his medical is crucial. Moore might make it if they tag Baker, but his medical is an issue too.

I'm excited to see who they deem to be the priority. They are going to spend, just on who and what spot?
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt big spending money will be on a guard. They've already spent money on Hutch. Why spend money two years in a row when it didn't work out before? This offensive line needs a young stud blocker. Too many vets already.

Experience is more crucial in the secondary. Young corners all over the place means the Titans should add experience over the top.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Nashville Tennessean suggests the Titans could hit a "big snag" in contract talks with free agent Jared Cook over whether he should be classified as a tight end or wide receiver.
Cook played over 60 percent of his snaps as a slot receiver/wideout in 2012, and this could become contentious if the Titans try slapping Cook with the tight end franchise tag. The franchise number for receivers is roughly $10.5 million. The tight end franchise number is just under $6 million. Per beat writer Jim Wyatt, Cook and the Titans are "nowhere close" to a long-term agreement.

per Rotoworld

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
I seriously doubt big spending money will be on a guard. They've already spent money on Hutch. Why spend money two years in a row when it didn't work out before? This offensive line needs a young stud blocker. Too many vets already.

Experience is more crucial in the secondary. Young corners all over the place means the Titans should add experience over the top.

I disagree. A young vet is avaiable why not get one? Levitre or Vasquez both at their prime (26 and 25). They have shown to want experience on the line. I think what they paid Hutchinson has nothing to do with their plans. If they want they can cut him and be ok, from my understanding. But one of those guys paid and drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd gives them youth and experience....case solved.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

I disagree. A young vet is avaiable why not get one? Levitre or Vasquez both at their prime (26 and 25). They have shown to want experience on the line. I think what they paid Hutchinson has nothing to do with their plans. If they want they can cut him and be ok, from my understanding. But one of those guys paid and drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd gives them youth and experience....case solved.

^Agreed. No sense in spending a first round pick on one with the depth available in free agency and the draft. Even outside of Vasquez and Levitre there are quality players.

Hutchinson should be dropped.
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Quote:
The Nashville Tennessean suggests the Titans could hit a "big snag" in contract talks with free agent Jared Cook over whether he should be classified as a tight end or wide receiver.
Cook played over 60 percent of his snaps as a slot receiver/wideout in 2012, and this could become contentious if the Titans try slapping Cook with the tight end franchise tag. The franchise number for receivers is roughly $10.5 million. The tight end franchise number is just under $6 million. Per beat writer Jim Wyatt, Cook and the Titans are "nowhere close" to a long-term agreement.

per Rotoworld

That is an interesting point. I never thought of that. That could seriously throw a wrench in the team's plans. In no way is Jared Cook worth 10.5 a year.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Quote:

per Rotoworld

That is an interesting point. I never thought of that. That could seriously throw a wrench in the team's plans. In no way is Jared Cook worth 10.5 a year.

He isn't worth 6 either.

No idea why we want to keep such a bum.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Quote:

per Rotoworld

So who decides what position he is? The league?

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 25 of 86

Jump to: